Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

and now PA has reclaimed her property

three rapiers lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nikobaby attacking the void spirit illusion instead of PA when he caught them in chrono probably lost alliance this game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

6800 crit lmao

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Alliance??

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
these last 3 minutes are peak ??? dota

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/EternaLEnVy1991/status/1330021202954510336

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i wanted.....2 b dota goku but......is goku even happy??? should i have just been yamcha all along?????

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

IncendiaC posted:

this PA is just farming for the void at this point

e: nvm void got blown up and now PA has 3 rapiras

Hey, dota rules.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/EternaLEnVy1991/status/1333565612350697474

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
https://twitter.com/NiPGaming/status/1333455655714295810

Well, back to EE tweets I guess.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

they literally said that their team wasnt good enough and they couldn't poach anyone from any of the good teams lol

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Sampatrick posted:

they literally said that their team wasnt good enough and they couldn't poach anyone from any of the good teams lol

Turns out randomly kicking your captain wasn't the strat

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's really bad news for the pro scene, if it's saying "yeah being 8th best team isn't financially viable. hey who wants to sponsor the 9th-16th best teams???"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/1333890964608348160

You can level heroes up to 30 now in dota plus. Once you reach cap with a hero you get shards instead of xp, new treasure you can buy with shards, new guild chat stuff

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

You can level heroes up to 30 now in dota plus.

This will effect me and all of my level 25 heroes greatly.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Interesting play by Miracle Sven, banked on getting aghs from rosh instead of building it himself. But it worked and he has an extra item at 40 minutes now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wonder if nerfing blur will be enough to drive PA back a bit with the next patch or if more drastic measures will be taken.

Honestly part of it is that it feels like I never see her played against anyone that can get away with building a BKBMKB early.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 3, 2020

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
If they didn't nerf Sven, I don't foresee PA getting significantly hit anytime soon. Until Halberd can pierce BKB, both carries are going to run rampant for a while.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurreco posted:

If they didn't nerf Sven, I don't foresee PA getting significantly hit anytime soon. Until Halberd can pierce BKB, both carries are going to run rampant for a while.

I meant to type MKB not BKB in my previous post :v:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

IcePhoenix posted:

I meant to type MKB not BKB in my previous post :v:

My point still stands about BKB. One of the few answers to either PA or Sven is disarm or break and BKB protects from the vast majority of sources for either. The only dependable way for all heroes to apply either is Halberd, so it might be worth looking at it piercing magic immunity.

Granted, Sven Aghs or MKB PA could also get a look-at.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

That's really bad news for the pro scene, if it's saying "yeah being 8th best team isn't financially viable. hey who wants to sponsor the 9th-16th best teams???"

nip wasn't even a top 10 team homie. ex-nip was a middle of the road team in the junior division for epic league; they honestly were barely even top 16.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurreco posted:

Granted, Sven Aghs or MKB PA could also get a look-at.

I think you still might have been missing what I was saying, which is that MKB is a good item to build against PA, but a lot of popular carries don't normally build it or have other "required" items in their build up before getting it.

Nigma beat a PA yesterday because Miracle skipped getting Aghs on Sven to buy a MKB and just banked on getting an aghs from rosh, which he did, and that instantly turned the game. I think PA won every other epicenter game she was in yesterday.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Liquipedia editors continue to be bad at math and have added VP and Vikin.gg as "clinched playoffs" when they could both still tie for 4th/5th

I haven't quite figured out how the bracket works but it looks like top four advance to an 8 team double elimination bracket, 5-8 advance to a "play-in" bracket against the top four from division 2 (Yellow Submarine, Gambit, Live to Win, and Spider Pigz) and the winners of those games also get into the 8 team playoff? But then the bottom two teams in division 1 say they go to the division 2 playoffs, and the 5/6 spots in division 2 (ex-NiP and Winstrike) say they go to the lower bracket of the playoffs so I have no idea and nobody has actually posted a bracket yet.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
what's the tiebreaker method? If it's overall W-L record or head to head record, I think VP is safe. I'm not sure why they set Viking to green though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

emdash posted:

what's the tiebreaker method? If it's overall W-L record or head to head record, I think VP is safe. I'm not sure why they set Viking to green though.

I don't know. A lot of tournaments make you play more games if you tie between tiers though, regardless of other tiebreakers.

Vikin.gg play's Na'Vi right now though so it'll either be moot or the bad editors will realize they're bad when it's over.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
It looks like the coloring is automatic and no tiebreaker rule has been set, based on the markup. So I think the auto-coloring is just based on highest possible record. Viking can't go worse than 6-3 and Navi can't go better than 6-3.

If they add a tiebreaker method to the markup it will change

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

emdash posted:

It looks like the coloring is automatic and no tiebreaker rule has been set, based on the markup. So I think the auto-coloring is just based on highest possible record. Viking can't go worse than 6-3 and Navi can't go better than 6-3.

If they add a tiebreaker method to the markup it will change

I'm still blaming that on bad editors since someone had to program the code that does that :v:

e: Na'Vi is absolutely slaughtering Vikin.gg in game one

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 4, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

was looking at the upcoming games and just realized that Na'Vi and Secret play on tomorrow so VP and Vikin.gg actually have clinched top four :downs:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol sven picked up the wrong item in the rosh pit

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

wait Spectre picked up the RAPIRA from Sven but didn't grab the Aegis????

this game is such a clownshow I love it

e: two minutes to tier 5 neutrals :getin:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Na'Vi :eyepop:

so now their match against secret tomorrow is for upper bracket. I guess if Nigma loses to Liquid the loser would be tied at 4/5 with Nigma (and possibly /6 with OG) instead of just outright out of the top 4

e: actually Liquid could still finish 5-4 as well if they beat mud golems today and nigma tomorrow so we could have a 4/5/6/7 tie :getin:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
i would assume that theyll use some tie breaks but yeah its definitely possible that we'll have a mini four team bo1 round robin tomorrow or the day after

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Alliance forced a game 3 against VP, if they win it guarantees them at least a tiebreak with just error for the play in and also guarantees bottom 2 for mud golems

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm not sure what alliance's win condition is here outside of "get QoP to 25 and hope you can abuse the fear"

e: I've decided that QoP is doing so little because LIMMP doesn't have the arcana

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/Peterpandam/status/1334921520704065537

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Glad to see they're playing as S A D B O Y S

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lgd and elephant have a bo3 coming up in about 30 minutes