Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Guys this OP is way more organized than we gave him credit for.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Chomp8645 posted:

You can, just start doing it.

yeah this, i have brain damage that makes it impossible for me to visualize so i use a lot of reference images for the stuff i draw that is at all recognizable and even in the last two months I've seen enormous growth in my artistic ability, practice really does make you improve! i sit down at least once a day and say okay I'm gonna draw something and it often is garbage from a butt but other times it really comes together, i drew this and then inked and colored it in about two hours the other night

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

jughead makes me happy I too enjoy hamburgers a lot

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

one of my favorite ways to have them is with a fried egg on top, its messy but its very delicious

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
Wow 200+ replies keep up the good work.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The only limits to this thread are those we impose upon ourselves.

If we believe we can do it, it is so.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Practically there already

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Six pages in and no goatse, krusty, or fiesta cat? You might just make this happen, op.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Sid Vicious posted:

yeah this, i have brain damage that makes it impossible for me to visualize so i use a lot of reference images for the stuff i draw that is at all recognizable and even in the last two months I've seen enormous growth in my artistic ability, practice really does make you improve! i sit down at least once a day and say okay I'm gonna draw something and it often is garbage from a butt but other times it really comes together, i drew this and then inked and colored it in about two hours the other night

This is great! Are you doing a series on characters who like hamburgers?

Also, I majorly relate to your brain damage. I lack the ability to visualize and it definitely makes some things much harder in art.

I took a 2d character design class in college and it was a loving nightmare, I would spend all week on a character design presentation and then see someone in the student lounge knock out something way better in the 15 minutes before class.

You might enjoy life drawing, I was able to get really good at it because it requires zero visual imagination. It's very satisfying.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

What is this symbol

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I believe it's called a cyclotron.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's from the cover of legendary album "Now That's What I Call Music! 69"

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I like the feeling of believing in aliens. Even if the whole universe turns out to be all humans, we could imagine aliens in the future, and maybe if we were good enough at art and craft we could go to them and know what it feels like.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 1, 2020

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Tip posted:

This is great! Are you doing a series on characters who like hamburgers?

Also, I majorly relate to your brain damage. I lack the ability to visualize and it definitely makes some things much harder in art.

I took a 2d character design class in college and it was a loving nightmare, I would spend all week on a character design presentation and then see someone in the student lounge knock out something way better in the 15 minutes before class.

You might enjoy life drawing, I was able to get really good at it because it requires zero visual imagination. It's very satisfying.

a life drawing class is what i am asking my mom for for Christmas actually!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sid Vicious posted:

Hmmmm home schooled huh? :smug:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Sid Vicious posted:

Nice!

Your mom's gonna show up to your house in a bathrobe on Christmas and be like, "ok, class in session" lol
Edit: wait I just got the above person's joke and realized I'm basically repeating it. gently caress.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

oh no!

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Thread's already slowing down...need some content...

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

whats everyone's absolute favorite movie mine is probably Young Frankenstein

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I’m more of a Young Einstein dude. :smuggo:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I've never been able to declare a "favorite" movie tbh. It always seems too much to me to say "yes this is the one, the greatest, which stands above all others". So I always just quickly think of something I saw at some point that I thought was pretty good.

I saw Cloud Atlas a little while ago. It was real good imo!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i drew a koala

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sid Vicious posted:

i drew a koala

Shame that it's a racist.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Oooooo fancy

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Sid Vicious posted:

i drew a koala

Smooth brained little cutie

edit: The koala not sid

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The_Continental posted:

Smooth brained little cutie

edit: The koala not sid

ah both are true

cnut
May 3, 2016

In before page 1000 :smug:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hooty HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
I predict we will reach page 1000 on August 18th, 2029.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I haven't painted anything in like a week but for some reason i just keep going back to crabs, this is my first time painting one with no prepaint pencil sketch, this was just brain to paint to canvas

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Sid Vicious posted:

I haven't painted anything in like a week but for some reason i just keep going back to crabs, this is my first time painting one with no prepaint pencil sketch, this was just brain to paint to canvas

Good lookin crab

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's not cool like Sid's art but here is the first 3D model I've ever made. I made it today and it's a traffic cone. I hope you like it.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

That's fantastic, I have ttied messing around in Blender but I have absolutely no ability to conceptualized in 3D at all

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Chomp8645 posted:

It's not cool like Sid's art but here is the first 3D model I've ever made. I made it today and it's a traffic cone. I hope you like it.

I think you're confused, that's a VLC.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/525044698071957505?lang=en

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chomp8645 posted:

Where are the bros

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Where are the bros

I don't get it

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
For such busy forums, SA is...rather slow. Only a few new threads per day, and it's rare for a thread to get more than 20 new posts per day. I wonder why that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Cobalt-60 posted:

For such busy forums, SA is...rather slow. Only a few new threads per day, and it's rare for a thread to get more than 20 new posts per day. I wonder why that is.

Conserving posts for the winter months.