Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
fanboys are posting day and night about crapples little ipad in a computer but Microsoft did it first. Microsoft made an epic arm computer so how does it feel to be this owned? you can’t even play games on Apple lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
more like surface poor

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
people are playing rise of the tomb raider

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

father I cannot click the surface

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

the raspberry pi 400 is not available for purchase in New Zealand.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
shitposting aside it looks nice but i would never buy another windows laptop

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

wait i lied, i don't care about that thing, i thought this looked nice though

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/surface-laptop-go/94fc0bdgq7wv?activetab=pivot:techspecstab

also the best surface was the 42 inch multitouch table

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

yeah, but does it have satya silicon?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

akadajet posted:

yeah, but does it have satya silicon?

lol

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

mediaphage posted:

the best surface was the 42 inch multitouch table

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

bring back the table

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

mediaphage posted:

wait i lied, i don't care about that thing, i thought this looked nice though

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/surface-laptop-go/94fc0bdgq7wv?activetab=pivot:techspecstab

also the best surface was the 42 inch multitouch table

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

this is how all open floor plan offices should be

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

bring back the table

having seen this table once, it was a really cool table

I think they hung them on walls for meteorologists to use as well?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Victory Position posted:

having seen this table once, it was a really cool table

I think they hung them on walls for meteorologists to use as well?

they have a few iterations of this now and when they stole the name for their portable line they renamed the tables pixelsense. the first iteration used a projector in a box which is cool because you can literally just build one yourself and have a multitouch coffee table on the cheap.

later versions look mostly like a glass coffee table with an embedded amd system. lenovo tried to copy this but put a lot of really bad software on it. microsoft’s demos always had some pretty interesting unpublished multiplayer titles. tbh i’m surprised they’ve never tried to consumerize this, especially since displays are cheap these days. a living room thing you can gather around, board games that you could combine with physical pieces, etc. really think this could be a saleable item but as with everything you need the devs to support it and without it existing it’s not gonna happen without funding them.

some of the work in these went into their $$ folding studio desktop which tbh i also think is pretty cool.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
yeah. give people dumb garbage to spend some cash on. everybody’s got boring tablets, laptops, huge tv’s already. if im gonna conspicuously consume, a big dumb table computer is the loving ticket.

get these things in best buy and micro center and get some ads up on youtube, and also tv for the boomers. don’t just spend a hundred bucks on web ads that get blocked before you hit publish and quietly update your eshop and b2b catalog.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
bill gates was an idiot and never understood consumer products

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

xbox

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

bill gates was an idiot and never understood consumer products

honestly i’m amazed anyone at all ever bought an xbox. growing up microsoft was the biggest lame brand there simply could ever be

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

echinopsis posted:

honestly i’m amazed anyone at all ever bought an xbox. growing up microsoft was the biggest lame brand there simply could ever be

~halo~

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i got the halo master chief collection earlier in the summer and played halo 1 again and it's really not that good a game. bad weapon balance and level design. good music i suppose.

i guess it's kinda like goldeneye, which is also not good, but which became mega popular because it was like the only shooter available for that console.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Sagebrush posted:

i got the halo master chief collection earlier in the summer and played halo 1 again and it's really not that good a game. bad weapon balance and level design. good music i suppose.

i guess it's kinda like goldeneye, which is also not good, but which became mega popular because it was like the only shooter available for that console.

doom 64 :byodood:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
microsoft is the lamest company.

its like, mega nerdy, but in a way that real nerds despise too

its still bad. its still terrible. windows is fine, but microsoft sucks poo poo out of a hose

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

nah, microsoft is the dorky dad company, working 9-5 and not too hard, while occasionally trying to look hip in a really cringy way.

which i kind of like.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Microsoft is the best of all the major tech companies. Proof: it's not included in FAANG

pram
Jun 10, 2001
neither is oracle

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
microsoft is bad in fact

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

nah, microsoft is the dorky dad company, working 9-5 and not too hard, while occasionally trying to look hip in a really cringy way.

which i kind of like.

this was NOT the vibe around microsoft during my formative years in the 90s

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
miKKKroshaft winBLOWS

pram
Jun 10, 2001
microsoft is not included in any lists of good stuff. ergo vis a vis it is epic and for the win - professor genius

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

direct

x

windows had games Games GAMES!!!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

echinopsis posted:

this was NOT the vibe around microsoft during my formative years in the 90s

seeing what those years in fact formed us into i have chosen to reject everything i learned at the time.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

yeah they're trash games but its all that console users had at the time

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

echinopsis posted:

miKKKroshaft winBLOWS

gottem

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

micro$haft wangblows

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

they just added carplay support to teams in case there was one place in the world you could avoid thinking about work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i like how some small time dev named mike rowe regged mikerowesoft and convinced microsoft to give him cash and an xbox for it, or something