Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I refuse to believe this technology exists in arthur's universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i like Little Bear

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

The gently caress kind of aardvark is Arthur supposed to be anyway. Binch you have no nose and Mitch McConnell's profile

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
At least he's not Caillou.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I don't know OP, but Isn't Arthur like a special needs kid? I don't know, I never watched the show.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Arthur is more of a bully than Binky.

Master J Plus posted:

You know she can't do anything either because she doesnt wanna catch Arthur's legendary hands. Just ask DW.

:haw:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
This is what happens when you let failed comedians turned lovely right-wing provocateurs work on your show for children. https://arthur.fandom.com/wiki/Steven_Crowder

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
Arthur is a more nuanced and thought-provoking show with more round characters than most primetime network dramas.

I'm not saying it's super deep. It is a loving kids show. everything is pablum

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Arthur is living that Gorilla Mindset life: harassing girls on the Internet and eating his own poo.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
arthur cold as gently caress

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
where the gently caress is franklin the turtle when [you need his rear end

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lmao

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
there it is

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

The gently caress kind of aardvark is Arthur supposed to be anyway. Binch you have no nose and Mitch McConnell's profile

The first arthur book had him with massive nose which he got teased about but eventually came to accept himself as he was.

Then he went corporate, chopped it off, and never looked back.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Tunicate posted:

The first arthur book had him with massive nose which he got teased about but eventually came to accept himself as he was.

I notice there's no DW. This is the Arthur that should have been.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bogus Adventure posted:

This is the Arthur that should have been.

ngl that cast is very good but probably very expensive to animate

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It's like how all the Christian childrens shows never actually have the nonbeliever characters give real reasons for why a person wouldn't believe in Christianity and instead just has them be incredibly stupid or evil, the last thing they want is to accidentally teach kids how to effectively cyberbully their peers.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
:smugdog:

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

This is what happens when you let failed comedians turned lovely right-wing provocateurs work on your show for children. https://arthur.fandom.com/wiki/Steven_Crowder

I had zero idea he worked on the show in any capacity, let alone be let near anything child related.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Entorwellian posted:

I had zero idea he worked on the show in any capacity, let alone be let near anything child related.

He was a child voice actor almost two decades ago. Though in a way it's an incredible self-own that the most popular success he ever had was being a nerd on one of the most inoffensive kids shows ever made.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://arthur.fandom.com/wiki/Category:People_from_the_real_world

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

lol

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

This is truly wild

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

bossy lady posted:

This is truly wild

:holymoley:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Does the Arthurverse also have Smashmouth?

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

ngl I honestly thought I stumbled on some weird furry poo poo for a second

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

free hubcaps posted:

yea why is this sheepdog a dog when arthur's pal Binky is an anthropomorphic bulldog

the arthur universe has no consistency in its worldbuilding and i've become disillusioned with it

I sure hope someone got fired for this blunder.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Got her rear end

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
on the one hand, yeah, arthur's a real poo poo here

on the other hand, at least he's not a total loving loser like Doug

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bogus Adventure posted:

I notice there's no DW. This is the Arthur that should have been.

GBS hates women

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

runnypoops posted:

I like the episode that was about a character suppressing their true selves because it goes against the norm

OH wait that was all of them! Fuckin corny conformist show

Doug was worse

Some truly insidious social programming in that poo poo

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Doug was worse

Some truly insidious social programming in that poo poo

doug could eat the deepest fattest part of my dick. roger was right.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Cacator posted:

I've always wondered, how do the dog and cat humanoids in the Arthur cinematic universe feel about owning dogs and cats as pets? Is this a human/monkey situation or some form of slavery?

Some of the animal people are referenced as being black or asian american when they're having episodes about kwanzaa and racism but also i don't think there's any Maus-like correlation between animals and races so they just look at two hamster people with identical skin tones and go "yep that guy on the left's black alright."

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Sue Ellen posted:

Terry Fox
On April 12 1980, Terry Fox was 22 years old when he dipped his artificial leg in the Atlantic Ocean off St. John's Newfoundland. His goal was to run across Canada in the hope of raising 25 million for cancer research.
People thought he was foolish to try to run so far on one leg. At first his run didn't get much attention, but as the weeks passed he became a household name. He ran far each day in difficult conditions like snow and rain. After a few months even the mayors and television crews came out to meet Terry. In August over half way through his journey he had to return to hospital. He had cancer again.
He vowed to continue his run but on

:justpost:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Arthur not only took his leg but gave him cancer

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Tunicate posted:

At least he put on some loving pants.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Some of the animal people are referenced as being black or asian american when they're having episodes about kwanzaa and racism but also i don't think there's any Maus-like correlation between animals and races so they just look at two hamster people with identical skin tones and go "yep that guy on the left's black alright."

You know in retrospect it seems like an incredibly poor choice to have the monkey girl be a black-coded character with a black voice actress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019