Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Never mind: I opened EPIC GAMES and BVMTH discovered that MudRunner was free.

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

Never mind: I opened EPIC GAMES and BVMTH discovered that MudRunner was free.

:rip:

Get Snowrunner instead, it’s worth it.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

The Fool posted:

spore was a perfect good game as long as you never left the water

good allegory to life that way as well

iirc there was some goon that suddenly found out he had a really deadly form of cancer yet somehow survived through sheer force of will of wanting to live to play Spore when it came out

i bet that guy felt pretty loving owned

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sapozhnik posted:

iirc there was some goon that suddenly found out he had a really deadly form of cancer yet somehow survived through sheer force of will of wanting to live to play Spore when it came out

i bet that guy felt pretty loving owned

sounds like a fun guy

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

sounds like a fun guy

hissssss

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
spore was super disappointing, it seemed super cool for it to be effectively 5 different games bolted together building off of your actions in each one, but that kind of backfirees when none of those 5 games are very good

metro exodus, on the other hand, was really enjoyable

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Lysidas posted:

spore was super disappointing, it seemed super cool for it to be effectively 5 different games bolted together building off of your actions in each one, but that kind of backfirees when none of those 5 games are very good

gently caress you. diatomaceous crew 4 life

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the only good part of spore was the pond critter stage and to get that fix you can just play flOw instead

https://www.jenovachen.com/flowingames/flowing.htm

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

flow is a great game to play all sorts of drugged up

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i bought disco elysium and this is exactly as everyone hyped it to be; ive only died of one heart attack and my own ennui so far. i actually clocked measurehead on an 8% roll and thats what busted the ol ticker lol

too weird to die, too frail not to

im still reeling from the sheer depth of the dialog trees and the resulting conversations. like calling the station snowballs easily if you want to push every angle, and i sort of wonder if i knew whathisface had glued his eyes shut if that would have been another response

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Agile Vector posted:

im still reeling from the sheer depth of the dialog trees and the resulting conversations.

pro-tip. do not exhaust the dialog tree. you are not meant to, and the game will laugh and punish you and stomp on your balls and call you a hosed up stupid idiot moron with boring oozing gamerbrain. pick some, lay into it, but do not do them all.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Xaris posted:

pro-tip. do not exhaust the dialog tree.

thanks for this. I'm waiting until it comes to switch and I absolutely would have done this

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Xaris posted:

pro-tip. do not exhaust the dialog tree. you are not meant to, and the game will laugh and punish you and stomp on your balls and call you a hosed up stupid idiot moron with boring oozing gamerbrain. pick some, lay into it, but do not do them all.

yeah, after the station dressing down i started pulling back and its absolutely best that way. i appreciate it, too, because so many games require plowing through everything and it ruins the experience

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Agile Vector posted:

yeah, after the station dressing down i started pulling back and its absolutely best that way. i appreciate it, too, because so many games require plowing through everything and it ruins the experience

yeah the indoctrinated 20+ of Bioware/Bethesda RPG gamer brain of just idling picking each and every option and mashing skip to get to the next one is such an awful game design it's actually refreshing to not have to do that and just roleplay certain choices and let it spiral out from there.

Achmed Jones posted:

thanks for this. I'm waiting until it comes to switch and I absolutely would have done this
i mean you are more than welcome to but lol you'll touch the stove once and get very burnt. i may even recommend you do so on the first NPC you meet because it's really funny.

there is a "timer" but the timer doesn't tick down while wandering around or looting trash cans like a diseased syphillus racoon looking for scraps on a spoon to lick, it only ticks when going through dialog so you kinda want to work to have some roleplay going on where you just pick things that sound very funny or interesting and let it hang from there and move on.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 1, 2020

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

im playing subnautica after seeing u all mention it again and again and again

its cool !

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it is!

*bloop bloop* O X Y G E N

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

30 seconds

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

im playing subnautica after seeing u all mention it again and again and again

its cool !

countdown to what the gently caress was that WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT OH GOD OH poo poo AHHH

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

there needs to be a game that is to RDR2 what Saint’s Row is to GTA

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jesus WEP posted:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

jesus WEP posted:

So, what, “actually good”?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the wonderful 101 has a demo out on steam now, if you've a hankering for action and spectacle it's one of the best

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

So, what, “actually good”?
rdr2 is good at some things i would just very much like a game that’s good at other things such as being a fun lighthearted wild west caper

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
if anyone wanted to play NMS but was underwhelmed by the graphics the most recent update turned poo poo way up, looks heaps cooler.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jesus WEP posted:

rdr2 is good at some things i would just very much like a game that’s good at other things such as being a fun lighthearted wild west caper
based entirely on call of juarez gunslinger i’d say coj could be a contender for a light rdr clone. it’s not impossible given how many gta clones there have been

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ive never called a juarez, is gunslinger a good time?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

ive never called a juarez, is gunslinger a good time?
i can’t speak for any of the others but gunslinger is a good short sp fps with a cool/unique gimmick

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Kenny Logins posted:

i can’t speak for any of the others but gunslinger is a good short sp fps with a cool/unique gimmick

I can't remember if this was the first or second Juarez game but one of the main characters is a preacher and your bible is a weapon so you can shout the gospel while shooting people.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I can't remember if this was the first or second Juarez game but one of the main characters is a preacher and your bible is a weapon so you can shout the gospel while shooting people.
haha cool

i have bound in blood via ps+ for ps3 but lol if i can stand the load times in 2020

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/frenziedandfine/status/1333089749045829637?s=20

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Pile Of Garbage posted:

if anyone wanted to play NMS but was underwhelmed by the graphics the most recent update turned poo poo way up, looks heaps cooler.

I'm looking forward to playing this on the play console 5 someday

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I'm looking forward to playing this on the play console 5 someday

as i understand the latest update was for exactly that. glhf https://www.nomanssky.com/next-generation-update/

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
rdr2 is fun but the "plains" area really isnt flat enough and does not reflect the lived midwest experience

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i get why - its not pretty and its very very boring but bitch thats what kansas is

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bella owns

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The new Fanatical multichoice deal includes Undead Horde, which I posted about a while back and enjoyed a lot. If there's anything else in the list you fancy here this is as good a deal as you're going to get:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/best-of-platinum-collection-2020

Is there anything else here (apart from Tomb Raider / the Saints Row games) worth looking at?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

hades good

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

https://twitter.com/kyonko_chann/status/1334075109041115136?s=21

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mental illness is depressing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

think of the almost nearly constant dusting you’d need to do with that many vitas.