Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
We decided to skip November this year

Heres your table

So far everyone looks kinda poo poo, we dont have a clear winner like we did at this stage last year which is cool.

Newcastle all have COVID.

James Milner is injured which signals the end of days.

Oh and Pooshited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
I think I posted this in the old thread, but in case anyone finds it useful I made this page that shows you all the upcoming televised domestic matches, since they're on 9000 different channels now. If it breaks I might fix it but also life is a constant surprise.

https://tv.biodo.me/

It's meant for phones, if you're on a pc then just use a real site ffs

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Spurs are going to win the league

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Footbal

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Sheffield on track to obliterate Derby's record

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Newcastle leading the COVID league

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Newcastle leading the COVID league

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55151090

Booo, they've been allowed to postpone the game. Should have been forced to play a scratch team of under-23s, Jossy's Giants, and Gazza (KFC and Razzle optional).

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Weaponized Cum posted:

they are

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Weaponized Cum posted:

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Arsenal will be fortunate to finish top half of the table, which is a different, sadder kind of lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
when will be st. totteringham's day this year, i wonder

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Weaponized Cum posted:

Spurs are going to bottle the league

Agreed.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

end the season now

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Wazzerphuk posted:

I think I posted this in the old thread, but in case anyone finds it useful I made this page that shows you all the upcoming televised domestic matches, since they're on 9000 different channels now. If it breaks I might fix it but also life is a constant surprise.

https://tv.biodo.me/

It's meant for phones, if you're on a pc then just use a real site ffs

Liverpoo spotted, what do I win?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm imagining a world of the long lost past where I'd be super pleased that Arsenal were 2 points behind Man City in December. Now I'm trying to figure out what their usual holiday slump could possibly bring to make it worse

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

vyelkin posted:

Sheffield on track to obliterate Derby's record

no way

at a certain point you can't even fit more chromosomes in

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds only a point off man city, phwoar

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Post-Brexit guidelines are out:

quote:

The FA, the Premier League and EFL have come together to agree a plan for entry requirements for overseas players post Brexit.

Football’s Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) proposal was submitted to the Government last month by the FA, as the governing body for football, and has now been approved by The Home Office.

The criteria will provide the framework for Premier League and EFL clubs to sign overseas players when the UK leaves the European Union (EU) after 31 December 2020.

Post Brexit, clubs will not be able to sign players freely from the EU. Players from EU countries who want to play in the Premier League or EFL will be required to gain a GBE, like all other overseas players without the right to work in the UK.

The GBE will operate a points-based system, where points are scored for senior and talented young players based on:
• Senior and youth international appearances
• Quality of the selling club, based on the league they are in, league position and progression in continental competition
• Club appearances, based on domestic league and continental competition minutes

Players accumulating the requisite amount of points will earn a GBE automatically, while players just below the threshold may be considered for a GBE by an Exceptions Panel.

The system meets the joint objectives of the Premier League, EFL and the FA allowing access to the best players and future talent for clubs, as well as safeguarding England teams, by ensuring opportunities for homegrown players.

In the Premier League, the number of overseas U21 players a club can sign will be limited to three in the January transfer window and six per season moving forwards. This enables the recruitment of the best players from around the world to train and play together with homegrown talent. Under FIFA’s rules, the UK’s exit from the EU will also mean that clubs will not be able to sign players from overseas until they are 18.

The leading football bodies have also agreed to work together to continue to improve the player pathway system.

The Women’s game has also had their GBE proposal approved by the Home Office. This will also operate a points-based system, where points are scored on:

• Senior international appearances
• Quality of the selling club, based on the league they are in and former league position
• Club appearances, based on domestic league and continental competition minutes

The agreement is in accordance with the Government’s required criteria and will come into effect when the UK leaves the European Union, in the new year. It will be implemented in the January 2021 transfer window and reviewed in full ahead of the summer 2021 transfer window.

Mark Bullingham, our chief executive officer, said: “Despite having different starting perspectives on how Brexit should impact football, this is another example of how the football authorities can work effectively together for the greater good of the game.

"We have a strong working relationship with both the Premier League and EFL and will monitor this new agreement together to ensure it evolves to best meet our joint objectives over time. We will also discuss improvements to the player pathway for the mutual benefit of football clubs and homegrown talent in this country.”

Richard Masters, the Premier League’s chief executive, added: “The Premier League has worked with the FA to come to an agreement to ensure no part of Brexit should damage the success of the Premier League, or the prospects of the England teams. We welcome the news that the Home Office has approved the Governing Body Endorsement plan for the January 2021 transfer window.

“Continuing to be able to recruit the best players will see the Premier League remain competitive and compelling and the solution will complement our player development philosophy of the best foreign talent alongside the best homegrown players. Following the January transfer window, we look forward to reviewing the agreement with the FA.”

EFL Chief Executive, David Baldwin, said: “The EFL has contributed to the discussions with our colleagues across football as the game prepares for the UK’s exit from the EU, and it is helpful to be able to provide clarity for EFL Clubs by having an established position to a long-standing issue ahead of the January transfer window, albeit in the short term.

“The objective of the EFL throughout this process has been to ensure EFL Clubs continue to have the opportunity to sign players from overseas to enhance the quality of their playing squads, while recognising the need for restrictions, and we will continue to assess the application of these rules and consider the long-term implications early in 2021.”

The necessary documents for players, coaches, assistant coaches, performance managers and directors of football can be seen below.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/dec/01/gbe-points-based-system-launched-011220

if you follow the link you can read very long PDFs with the specific points you get for being a poo poo clogger from a team relegated from the Romanian third division

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
This is going to end with Bielsa getting deported as the only non-eu manager and having to manage the team via skype. The assistant putting the webcam on his special bucket so he has the best view of the pitch

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

vyelkin posted:

Post-Brexit guidelines are out:

if you follow the link you can read very long PDFs with the specific points you get for being a poo poo clogger from a team relegated from the Romanian third division

I'm so proud of our friends across the pond deciding to knock it off with that silly EU stuff and finally simplify things

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'm trying to figure out who this picture of owen reminds me of.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jippa posted:

George W Bush

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Jippa posted:

fat lad from Full Monty

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
He's morphing into Steve Bruce

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/danielstorey85/status/1335170976305340422

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Gonna be fun to see the VAR lines shrink so they can fit them between the strikers trailing foot and the defender

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is it really that difficult to just give the var maximum 30 seconds and if they can't overturn the ruling on the pitch by that time it stands?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

oliwan posted:

Is it really that difficult to just give the var maximum 30 seconds and if they can't overturn the ruling on the pitch by that time it stands?

Apparently yes.

Bin the loving pixel lines, do a "clear and obvious" error.

I do kinda think the offside rule atm is poo poo where 1mm difference is considered an advantage. Especially when say the striker is on the other side of the pitch from the defender.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I think Arsenal’s problems as much as anything now is the formation Arteta has them running. All the offensive patterns of play have to go down the wing where the sideline effectively functions as an extra defender. There is absolutely no threat through the middle of the field to the point where the defense doesn’t even have to consider the possibility. Then when arsenal do get it down the wing their only real possibility is a cross into the box where there is no longer a Giroud type player who is strong in the air. It’s all just seems deeply flawed. There needs to be at least a threat of a pass through the middle.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Jippa posted:

Donny Osmond.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Jovial Cow posted:

I think Arsenal’s problems as much as anything now is the formation Arteta has them running. All the offensive patterns of play have to go down the wing where the sideline effectively functions as an extra defender. There is absolutely no threat through the middle of the field to the point where the defense doesn’t even have to consider the possibility. Then when arsenal do get it down the wing their only real possibility is a cross into the box where there is no longer a Giroud type player who is strong in the air. It’s all just seems deeply flawed. There needs to be at least a threat of a pass through the middle.

they're just poo poo op

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jovial Cow posted:

Yeah this is right. The formation Arteta has been using has made the defense better, which is cool and all, but at some point Arsenal need to score goals to get points and they’re not doing that.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

If only Arsenal had a playmaker capable of those clever passes between the lines.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Bundy posted:

If only Arsenal had a playmaker capable of those clever passes between the lines.

Too bad they've only got an Ozil who stopped giving a gently caress years ago

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Yeah just play auba in defence or whatever

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jovial Cow posted:

The biggest problem IMO is that he's trying different things structurally but everyone always seems to be playing the same way and when players put in god awful performances week after week they just...start the next game. There's no accountability. Why in the world are Xhaka and Willian still starting at this stage? Why can't Nelson even get on the bench in the league? Yeah, most of the young guys are not ready and the quality of the competition in the Europa League is much lower, but at the very least they play like they give a poo poo and they know what it looks like when you score a goal.

Mesut Ozil sucks rear end and would make this team even worse FYI

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mr Snips posted:

Too bad they've only got an Ozil who stopped giving a gently caress years ago

They don't even have him, he isn't registered in the Premier League.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Mesut ozil died so gunnersaurus could live, he is christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

When was the last time Mesut Ozil actually played in a game? Been hearing about him for years at Arsenal but I legitimately don’t think I’ve seen him play since maybe 2014?