Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

...of SCIENCE! posted:

You know in retrospect it seems like an incredibly poor choice to have the monkey girl be a black-coded character with a black voice actress.

Are you talking about Francine or Muffy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

She’s just upset because she knows Arthur is perfect and there’s nothing she can make fun of on him except for his comically oversized penis. :shrug:

She could cut his face off and then cut his cock off and shove it in his mouth like they did to your dad back in Vietnam :shrug::shrug::shrug:

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Did we ever find out why Arthur thought that was acceptable?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Arthur grew up to become GBS mod The Aardvark

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Are you talking about Francine or Muffy?

I think they mean Francine but she isn't black she's Ashkenazi Jewish. Guy needs to brush up on their Arthur lore.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
arthur knows how to dab on the loving haters

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Arthur's a stupid tubby bitch but he sucks dick like he's trying to put out a fire with his mouth

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Beef City posted:

Arthur's a stupid tubby bitch but he sucks dick like he's trying to put out a fire with his mouth

Yeah your supposed to eat pussy like you’re slurping warm soup IDIOT hahahaha. :downs:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I think they mean Francine but she isn't black she's Ashkenazi Jewish. Guy needs to brush up on their Arthur lore.

I always thought of Arthur as Black, tbh -- also Sue Ellen, because of the afro puffs.

Big Beef City posted:

First of all, dude...he's nine. No.

Second of all, the logistics, what the gently caress :psyduck:

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

R: me, posting
L: people reading my posts

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

not anymore

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Why does everyone know so much about Arthur? Even when I was a kid it was the boring nerd show. Now Eurekas Castle, there's a show worth remembering.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Vince MechMahon posted:

Why does everyone know so much about Arthur? Even when I was a kid it was the boring nerd show. Now Eurekas Castle, there's a show worth remembering.

I'm pretty sure that Arthur was between two shows that I liked and I just didn't care enough to change the channel.

As far as Eureka's Castle goes, it got canceled when I was like three so I didn't have a chance to like it.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Jim Long-un posted:

lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm pretty sure that Arthur was between two shows that I liked and I just didn't care enough to change the channel.

As far as Eureka's Castle goes, it got canceled when I was like three so I didn't have a chance to like it.

cancel culture strikes again

e.

Big Beef City posted:

lmao

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I didnt know they still made Arthur.

I also didnt know Mr. Ratburn was gay and got married.

Ratburn gay, so what.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
talk poo poo on arthur and get fuckin SLAPPED boyo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Jim Long-un posted:

me and big beef city:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheAardvark posted:

Hey Arthur I think you're a punk rear end dweeb and I think the internet has had enough of your bullshit

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Me switching tabs back and forth at work to post on SA

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i somehow hosed up that probation's image link. i'm a loving failure

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Doug was worse

Some truly insidious social programming in that poo poo

I remember that episode where Doug got in trouble for drawing a cartoon how he hated the cafeteria's "magic meat," and I assumed the moral of the episode was not to be mean and hurt other people's feelings, and then it ended with Doug emphatically declaring "But I hate magic meat!" to Vice Principal Boner. It blew my mind.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

TheAardvark posted:

Why did he and his family have their noses removed, what are they ashamed of. Why are they not proud aardvarks

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

TheAardvark posted:

i somehow hosed up that probation's image link. i'm a loving failure

Probat again to get it right imo

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

someone on the Brain talk page of the arthur fan wiki got big caremad over the idea that the character is canonically black despite his family celebrating kwanzaa and him having a cousin from Senegal

quote:

Actually, the Brain is not African-American, and nor are his parents or relatives. They do however celebrate Kwanzaa, but that does not mean they're African-American. And for his mother Mrs. Powers, her pale complexion and natural blonde hair since the second half of Season 2, can prove she is obviously not African-American, but looks rather caucasian. In fact, the Brain and his parents actually sound quite caucasian, and they look more caucasian, and they have always been voiced by caucasian voiceovers. Saying that the Powerses are African-American is actually an opinion, not a fact. --FrancineFan3883

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
FrancineFan3883 SHOW YOURSELF

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Mercury Hat posted:

someone on the Brain talk page of the arthur fan wiki got big caremad over the idea that the character is canonically black despite his family celebrating kwanzaa and him having a cousin from Senegal

lmao wikipedia contributors

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I get my D.W. like Arthur

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Mercury Hat posted:

How on earth does Brain sound and look Caucasian? Has this person ever SEEN Brain? He's darker than Arthur and Binky.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I always thought of Arthur as Black, tbh -- also Sue Ellen, because of the afro puffs.

Arthur is an aardvark which is indigenous to africa. Arthur's black even though the show doesn't want to admit it.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
is it okay in 2020 to not give the slightest gently caress about assigning human ethnicities to cartoon animals

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

tetsuo posted:

is it okay in 2020 to not give the slightest gently caress about assigning human ethnicities to cartoon animals

There is basically a never ending race war in babar between the elephants and rhinos

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

tetsuo posted:

this except arthur is black as hell dog

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

tetsuo posted:

It's not like I MEANT to, it just happened. Is it okay in 2020 to assume that a dark-skinned/-furred character with African relatives who celebrates Kwanzaa is Black? I mean, drat.

edit: also this

TheAardvark posted:

this except arthur is black as hell dog

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

sorry but hate crimes and racism also exist in the Arthur universe as shown in this video where arthur and buster chat about the most recent act of violence they watched on liveleaks or whatever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaePu0-fZ4o

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah Aarthur isn't in a total fantasy world, it's just our world but with animal people. The very existence of Kwanzaa is evidence that irl ethnicity exists there

Sort of like Cars pope and Cars WW2 have some very odd implications

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Arthur is mapped onto our world because it was created as a way to entertain and educate children about our world, so it's not weird at all that the animals have the same construction of race and ethnicity we do.

Cars having a pope is the opposite thing. They made a movie about anthropomorphic cars cause it is fun for children makes money, and then they said, "hey, wouldn't it be funny if cars had a poep too" or whatever.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I always disliked Francine watching Arthur as a kid but I haven’t seen the show in like 2 decades so maybe I’d have another opinion of her

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

The Bloop posted:

Yeah Aarthur isn't in a total fantasy world, it's just our world but with animal people. The very existence of Kwanzaa is evidence that irl ethnicity exists there

Sort of like Cars pope and Cars WW2 have some very odd implications

how does the Cars history work? like did they descend from horse buggies, or was there autoautomobilgenesis occurring sometime in the 19th century?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Itsreal85''s Arthur is cannon for me.