Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Social Animal posted:

Dumb question but if I own a physical copy and I buy digital how does it work? It keeps the save file?

I originally bought physical and then got digital later and had no issues with my save file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Sweet I might do it then, thanks.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mega cursed

But also :same:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/SlimyQuagsire/status/1335354088968630274?s=19

The Splatoon community did a solidarity move with the Smash community, causing Nintendo to axe their tournament stream. The end result is that lots of people think Splatoon is cool now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That’s rad of them to do but everyone always should have thought Splatoon was cool.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
What was the show of solidarity with Smash actually...about? Like, what is the drama about "free smash" or whatever? Trying to read those comments has made my eyeballs bleed.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

POCKET CHOMP posted:

What was the show of solidarity with Smash actually...about? Like, what is the drama about "free smash" or whatever? Trying to read those comments has made my eyeballs bleed.

Nintendo stopped sponsoring a tournament because people were going to play Melee emulated with this hack that allows online play. It’s understandable but they should have looked the other way, especially this time due to covid.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
There was going to be a big online Melee tournament that was going to be running a hacked version of it that had rollback net code implemented into it. Obviously it had to run via emulator.

Nintendo DMCAed the tournament.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Nintendo stopped sponsoring a tournament because people were going to play Melee emulated with this hack that allows online play. It’s understandable but they should have looked the other way, especially this time due to covid.

I think it was a cease and desist order, not dropping sponsorship.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

pokeyman posted:

I think it was a cease and desist order, not dropping sponsorship.

Yeah they straight up canned the tournament instead of just pulling out. This pissed off a lot of people, especially when playing in person is a really bad idea right now.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I'm watching the community's replacement for the cancellation, The Squid House, now since it would have gone until like 5am for me. Splatoon's pretty good!

E: Apparently the prize pool ended up at 28k?

https://twitch.tv/videos/827982977

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 7, 2020

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
i am SHOCKED and APPALLED that no one posted about the rare grizzco rotation happening in salmon run right now. started a couple of hours ago. come get your totally unfair salmonid splatting on.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

POCKET CHOMP posted:

i am SHOCKED and APPALLED that no one posted about the rare grizzco rotation happening in salmon run right now. started a couple of hours ago. come get your totally unfair salmonid splatting on.

Lets get some GrizzCo fail clips going ITT.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You can now pick sides for the new Splatfest. Nice to see new Pearl and Marina dialogue.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Post-Splatocalypse schedules: Mad Mario Fury Toad :siren:

• US January 15th 15:00 PT – January 15th 14:00 PT
  • EU January 15th 23:00 CET – January 17th 23:00 CET
  • JP January 16th 7:00 JT – January 18th 7:00 JT
  • AU/NZ January 16th 9:00 AET – January 18th 9:00 AET

At last, some fresh Splatfest content instead of tepid reruns. And what better way than to celebrate Mario being old by asking which powerup is the better one, the Mushroom or the Star? (The obvious answer is Mushroom.)

This will also be the final final Splatfest - for the time being, that is. Time to choose your side!

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jan 12, 2021

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

(The obvious answer is Mushroom.)

are you still high from new year's

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Invincibility does not last long. Size lasts until you take a hit. What defines as a 'hit' is....questionable. If it's as small as a flea bite, it's equally useless.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I play a lot of hard SMW hacks and I’m always much more happy to see a mushroom than a star.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

If you didn't choose Super Star then not even god himself can save you.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

popular and great mario song "jump up, super mushroom"

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

The Super Star shirt is black and looks dope. Star is the only correct choice.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

it's big boy season folks

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

In most mario games, the mushroom seems less a powerup and more like a way to get back to baseline when you have been weakened.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Star is so good that it has its own music.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Social Animal posted:

Star is so good that it has its own music.

Yeah that too

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
The mushroom makes that iconic growing sound. The star makes that :krad: song where you know you'll be kicking rear end.

I'm ready to kick Team Mushroom's rear end.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

:siren: Post-Splatocalypse schedules: Mad Mario Fury Toad :siren:

• US January 15th 15:00 PT – January 15th 14:00 PT
  • EU January 15th 23:00 CET – January 17th 23:00 CET
  • JP January 16th 7:00 JT – January 18th 7:00 JT
  • AU/NZ January 16th 9:00 AET – January 18th 9:00 AET

At last, some fresh Splatfest content instead of tepid reruns. And what better way than to celebrate Mario being old by asking which powerup is the better one, the Mushroom or the Star? (The obvious answer is Mushroom.)

This will also be the final final Splatfest - for the time being, that is. Time to choose your side!

A quick reminder that this is happening during the weekend.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jan 12, 2021

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
One additional point of this Splatfest: Since this is part of Mario's 35th anniversary bash, you could win fancy medals if you topped certain events. This is no different for Splatoon, where the Top 35 players (Top 100 in Europe) of each Splatfest Team will get one of these medals:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

marina is gonna touch pearl and pearl is gonna die

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

If pearl eats a mushroom does she become tall like marina?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

That art is clearly a MEGA mushroom not a SUPER mushroom. Super Pearl would be like, Marina tall.

Which brings me back to "Mushroom isn't even a real powerup, the state of not having one is a weakened state"

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Takoluka posted:

marina is gonna touch pearl and pearl is gonna die

Yes but this is true regardless.

night slime
May 14, 2014

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

One additional point of this Splatfest: Since this is part of Mario's 35th anniversary bash, you could win fancy medals if you topped certain events. This is no different for Splatoon, where the Top 35 players (Top 100 in Europe) of each Splatfest Team will get one of these medals:

What constitutes the top player?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

night slime posted:

What constitutes the top player?

Probably playing the pro mode. If you can stand going through that hell then you deserve a medal.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Its Splatfuck Friday you fuckin losers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5U8ypHq3BU

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

Ketchup vs Mustard is halfway over.

I’ve seen the bouncy map, cannon map, and the bunker lockdown map in the Shifty Station rotations. Have any others shown up?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I haven’t played Splatoon in a long rear end time. Blowing my mind to see so many people on a much higher level than me at 31.

70s and 60s is quite common. Good lord, how many hours does that take

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Astro7x posted:

I haven’t played Splatoon in a long rear end time. Blowing my mind to see so many people on a much higher level than me at 31.

70s and 60s is quite common. Good lord, how many hours does that take

Less than you would think. Prestiging several times, however...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I won a 100x battle for Team Mushroom, you’re welcome everyone. Makes up for the three 10x battles I lost lol