Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Random question: I'm trying to find an ad from a few years ago (could be as much as 5 or 6?).

I think it's for HP photo printing, or Kodak/Canon/whatever.

It essentially follows a family taking the same family portrait over the years as generations come and go. So we see it pass through several decades of styles and the young couple at the end is old with grandkids.

It's definitely sentimental and for a photo/camera/print service or product.

Does that make sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

bull3964 posted:

Currently on ST:D, there's a non-binary individual playing a female character and I really don't think the writers would have had an issue making the character non-binary as well if they would have wanted it.

FYI, this was down to timing. According to an interview I read with them, they hadn't come out to their family yet so their character identifies as female for part of the season and comes out during the course of the season as non-binary. The same thing could always happen with Page's character if he and the production team decide that's the way to go.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm sure it will boil down to whether Page is comfortable with Vanya continuing to be a female character, and the show will adjust accordingly. They already changed her up for season two so it's really no big deal to do it again for three.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I'm curious if season two has updated so they aren't dead naming him. I was literally about to start watching season 2 this week, but I'll wait out of respect for Elliot. (I've always really liked them as an actor. Also curious what future releases of Inception will do. My Blu Ray won't update itself).

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

LionArcher posted:

I'm curious if season two has updated so they aren't dead naming him. I was literally about to start watching season 2 this week, but I'll wait out of respect for Elliot. (I've always really liked them as an actor. Also curious what future releases of Inception will do. My Blu Ray won't update itself).

I don't know if they are going to change the credits or not, but the"Starring" info for the listing in Netflix is already updated.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

bull3964 posted:

I don't know if they are going to change the credits or not, but the"Starring" info for the listing in Netflix is already updated.

Just saw that. Very cool. I guess I know what i'll start to watch tonight

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

if any of you are big true crime people I highly recommend Murder on Middle Beach, it's aired 3 hours so far and the last hour airs this coming Sunday, so it's not a huge commitment. It's about a woman who was murdered about a decade ago whose murder remains unsolved, and it's big hook is that it's made by her son, who is talking to his family members who may be suspects and learning about who his mom was as a person, because she was killed when he was 18. The son is basically my age so I really related to him, and the family dynamic was really interesting because it definitely doesn't attempt to distance itself from the emotions of the filmmaker and it goes a lot of places that you might not expect right off. Also it spends a solid part of the first episode detailing what gently caress-up assholes the police in town are.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't think I could be surprised by how lovely TERFs are anymore but seeing lesbians be outraged that one of their own was "stolen" from them by coming out as a trans man is just the most infuriating thing.

bull3964 posted:

I watched A Clockwork Orange when it was added to Netflix and was really disappointed that Wendy Carlos is deadnamed in the credits.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I watched A Clockwork Orange when it was added to Netflix and was really disappointed that Wendy Carlos is deadnamed in the credits.

Composer isn't actually listed on the show credits for the page so I assume you are talking about the the credit roll at the end of the movie? In that case, it would be something to take up with the estate of Stanly Kubrick, Netflix can't edit the stuff they are given to them.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Wonder Woman 1984 will be HBO Max's first 4k HDR title with Dolby Atmos.

https://www.engadget.com/wonder-woman-1984-hbo-max-4k-222757708.html

quote:

The devices that will allow you to see Wonder Woman 1984 at its best include the Apple TV 4K, Amazon Fire Stick 4K, Amazon Fire TV Cube, 4K Fire TV Edition smart TVs, Chromecast Ultra, AT&T TV and select Android TV devices. Notably missing from that list are the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. HBO Max is available on consoles. However, they’ll get 4K support sometime in 2021, according to WarnerMedia.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Gonna fuckin own and it’s gonna kill hbo max.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

GreenNight posted:

Gonna fuckin own and it’s gonna kill hbo max.

Naw. HBO Max is already doing bitrates for 1080p beyond what Netflix uses for 4k.

All I got to say though is "select Android TV devices" better include the Nvidia Shield TV.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

So Netflix has the boobs version of the SG1 pilot.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

they need a PS5 app yesterday. Frustrating. I need HBO MAX on my new space ship!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GreenNight posted:

So Netflix has the boobs version of the SG1 pilot.

In a similar situation apparently they weren't sure where Baywatch was going to end up at so the original pilot has some quick boobs at the beginning.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I didn't think I could be surprised by how lovely TERFs are anymore but seeing lesbians be outraged that one of their own was "stolen" from them by coming out as a trans man is just the most infuriating thing.

I'm not surprised but gently caress, really??? ugh

I'm glad there is another visible trans man in the world though :)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/barrybongss2/status/1333820226484449281

Well they went and did it, they freed us all from the two jar grind

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Honeyracha is probably good but the rest of those can gently caress right off

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Wait

WAIT

that last one says Kranch?

Ketchup and Ranch????

That's not real. I refuse.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Although they seemed to have figured out how to make it so the mayo doesn't go bad first.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Simone Magus posted:

Wait

WAIT

that last one says Kranch?

Ketchup and Ranch????

That's not real. I refuse.

Kranch me mulatto

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kranch is the McDonald's secret sauce right?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Franch dressing when

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

No that's thousand island, relish and ketchup

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

zoux posted:

Mr. Show was truly a visionary show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRntutn8udw

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Why don't they have Metchup?

Wait wait no

Kustard

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gonz posted:

Mr. Show was truly a visionary show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRntutn8udw

And you know this whole thing came from David Cross walking down a supermarket aisle and becoming enraged upon seeing a jar of PB&J

Rhyno posted:

No THIS is kranching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gao5Cxb5te4

zoux fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 2, 2020

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I'd just like to say, Netflix cancelling Glow is a travesty. Just delay it a year or two, we wait five years for Luther seasons etc. There's plenty of time. At least we've got Cobra Kai.

Speaking of TV, I'm trying to mix it up a bit lately, watching a bunch of things at once. Since I was locked into marathoning stuff for a while there, trying to break free. Plus this way I throw on episodes of random stuff I may not have watched, like Wings. The episodes with Norm and Cliff as well as Frasier and Lilith from Cheers were sweet.

Also, Slam Dunk (the 90s anime) is really good. That documentary The Last Dance with Michael Jordon and whatnot is also really good. And speaking of Cheers, White Men Can't Jump is really good. Now I'm a basketball enthusiast.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 2, 2020

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Heavy Metal posted:

I'd just like to say, Netflix cancelling Glow is a travesty.

they what

Season 3 was a bit of a sidegrade but I still wanted a real conclusion! It's like watching Wrestlemania and then the title card ends in a limp DQ win :(

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Simone Magus posted:

they what

Season 3 was a bit of a sidegrade but I still wanted a real conclusion! It's like watching Wrestlemania and then the title card ends in a limp DQ win :(

Yeah they had just started filming season 4 when covid hit. It's some bullshit.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

I'd just like to say, Netflix cancelling Glow is a travesty. Just delay it a year or two, we wait five years for Luther seasons etc. There's plenty of time. At least we've got Cobra Kai.

Speaking of TV, I'm trying to mix it up a bit lately, watching a bunch of things at once. Since I was locked into marathoning stuff for a while there, trying to break free. Plus this way I throw on episodes of random stuff I may not have watched, like Wings. The episodes with Norm and Cliff as well as Frasier and Lilith from Cheers were sweet.

Also, Slam Dunk (the 90s anime) is really good. That documentary The Last Dance with Michael Jordon and whatnot is also really good. And speaking of Cheers, White Men Can't Jump is really good. Now I'm a basketball enthusiast.

Pretty sure for GLOW they were still paying out the actor contracts and had to make the decision to renew and hope filming could start up or take it as a loss and free up the actors to find other work.

It's a lot harder then you think to bring back a show cast like that years later. Arrested Development S4/5 were a green screen clusterfuck and cheap face covering gimmicks because all the principle actors had to find time in their schedules to shoot while committed to existing projects.

Just one of many reasons they didn't need to bring the show back.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Mu Zeta posted:

Franch dressing when

Is that to put on franch toast?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2n77-SvkBo&t=157s

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Simone Magus posted:

Honeyracha is probably good but the rest of those can gently caress right off

Sriracha already had a shocking amount of sugar in it, honeyracha might be marginally better.

All those others, eh, I'm not going to shame anyone over bad condiments, except the kranch, holy poo poo how do you make ranch WORSE?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I always mixed ketchup and mayo for fries.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

muscles like this! posted:

Umbrella Academy actor comes out as trans.

This statement is kind of weird. You know who Elliot page was pre-transition right? Or is this a mild joke?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It was most likely just a way of avoiding deadnaming.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Escobarbarian posted:

It was most likely just a way of avoiding deadnaming.

Yeah it took me until halfway through the day to realize who they were talking about, as I don't watch Umbrella Academy and the default thumbnail that seemed to be use was pretty blurry. I mean, a lot of this is my own stupidity as I also saw the words "Page" and "Juno" and didn't click.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Honestly it's surprising how well the media reported this story, instantly switching to correct pronouns and name and not even any not-mean-but-super-cringey copy or anything, that I've seen anyway. He is certainly the highest profile working actor to transition - while in the middle of a popular series no less! - and it's heartening to see everyone just be like "cool" instead of "oh does this mean that [TROLL STATEMENT]"

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It seems to have annoyed Ben Shapiro so that's also a plus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Heavy Metal posted:

Maybe try Ahiru no Sora too. It's a bit of a modern Slam Dunk.