Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Post here if you've seen any big or small, local or global scams regarding christmas, new years or black friday, cyber monday, etc or been subject to any yourself.

Today I had an email saying my Home Depot account had been created, which was concerning because there are no Home Depot stores in my country. Not exactly a scam but I'm a little worried that maybe my bank card details have been stolen, which is frustrating since I literally just had it replaced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

An elf broke into my room and made me jack him off, op

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Yeah these toy company big wigs get this fat old timer to do all their deliveries on Christmas eve and pay him with milk and cookies. But here's the real kicker: They don't even pay him themselves. Them dumb shmuck parents put it out for 'em and that's on top of paying for the toys.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Yeah these toy company big wigs get this fat old timer to do all their deliveries on Christmas eve and pay him with milk and cookies. But here's the real kicker: They don't even pay him themselves. Them dumb shmuck parents put it out for 'em and that's on top of paying for the toys.

And get this, a guy in a big red suit delivers the presents in capitalist countries. Talk about undermining their own ideals.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Big Beef City posted:

If he comes back, tell my dad I miss him

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Those Salvation Army guys with the coin buckets that stand in front of every grocery store

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Last year I was good for an entire year but didn't get the 1995 Yasmin Bleeth like I asked for.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
every secret santa I've taken part of in my entire life has been a big loving scam

everyone either puts all this time and thought into their gifts or straight up buys some expensive awesome thing, and I get the one person who buys a loving book of postcards or some last minute dollar store kid's toy

every single goddamn time

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I hate people.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i don't exactly hate people but god loving drat do they make me tired

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
you put your dick under your pillow aint no one gonna show up n suck it

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Here's a bit of a feel-good counterpoint to the ebay listings: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3947596

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Here's a bit of a feel-good counterpoint to the ebay listings: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3947596

Not really. He's still price gouging by over $200.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Not really. He's still price gouging by over $200.

I meant the immediate and total backlash to the OP trying to gouge, and ultimately failing to sell the system

e: this one's more obviously feel-good too https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3949785

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I meant the immediate and total backlash to the OP trying to gouge

Ah. I didn't read that.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

20 Blunts posted:

you put your dick under your pillow aint no one gonna show up n suck it

That horny elf might

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

That horny elf might

No he was explicitly (and rudely) there for the ONE thing. I asked.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Unless you're referring to a different horny elf.

I'm talking about the elf that broke into my room and made me jerk him off. That's the elf I was referencing, op.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i see a lot of little kids at the mall trying to sell candy bars for 5 dollars to raise money for their basketball team but I'm pretty sure they're full of poo poo

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
So is the elf like a Christmas elf, the kind you'd see helping Santa? Or like a forest elf that has a bow and wears clothes made of leaves or some poo poo.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Chomp8645 posted:

So is the elf like a Christmas elf, the kind you'd see helping Santa? Or like a forest elf that has a bow and wears clothes made of leaves or some poo poo.

Not sure but the one I saw had beady little eyes, sharp teeth and a long pink tail. It hissed at me. Actually now that I think about it, it might have been an Opossum.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Frank Frank posted:

Not sure but the one I saw had beady little eyes, sharp teeth and a long pink tail. It hissed at me. Actually now that I think about it, it might have been an Opossum.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

CHristmas but it looked exactly like old Cleveland browns mascot

Horrifying, freaky little bastard that just keeps breaking into my room and forcing me to give him, an elf, hand jobs.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Big Beef City posted:

Horrifying, freaky little bastard that just keeps breaking into my room and forcing me to give him, an elf, hand jobs.

BBC got a handjob from Mys, last name Elf?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Fatman tried to break in by climbing down my chimney, I don't even have a chimney :confused:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Big Beef City posted:

many such cases. SAD!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

TheMostFrench posted:

Post here if you've seen any big or small, local or global scams regarding christmas, new years or black friday, cyber monday, etc or been subject to any yourself.

Today I had an email saying my Home Depot account had been created, which was concerning because there are no Home Depot stores in my country. Not exactly a scam but I'm a little worried that maybe my bank card details have been stolen, which is frustrating since I literally just had it replaced.

I also got that email

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Beef City posted:

Omg you think that’s bad? A nasty, stinky little gremlin keeps eating lasagna tray sized amounts of poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat and then she complains she’s STILL HUNGRY. I’m like dang biatch there’s a refractory period here. :colbert:

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Everyone's always asking for a hand, or maybe a job, around Christmas. Worse yet, it's both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
presented for your enjoyment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJXHp_wFuss