Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Women are said to "react with shock if you joke that maybe they secretly smoke in bathrooms".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

awesomeolion posted:

Women are said to "react with shock if you joke that maybe they secretly smoke in bathrooms".

citation needed

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
nobody drinks that much and stays that skinny without plenty of cigarettes and adderall

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

DELETE CASCADE posted:

nobody drinks that much and stays that skinny without plenty of cigarettes and adderall

you forgot bulimia

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Midjack posted:

citation needed

http://www.chosonexchange.org/our-blog/2016/6/30/smoking-in-pyongyang

(you asked)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sagebrush posted:

:psyduck: who was that moron reviewer

"the inscrutable japanese won't be able to comprehend this american show about terrorism, as their only recent experience with the concept is" (checks notes) "the nerve gas attack on the tokyo subway system"

apparently these fellas wrote that:
https://soranews24.com/author/master-blaster/

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol master blaster

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Ryan: The character named Ryan was newly announced on January 22, 2016. He is a strong, independent male lion. At first glance, he looks like a bear, but he is actually a maneless lion. Ryan was a successor to the throne of Dung Dung Island, but he decided royalty was not for him.[7] A lot of people misunderstand him because of his expressionless face, but he’s the trustworthy mentor who has delicate emotions.[8][9] Ryan's tail is short because it is cuter.[10]

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Kohaku (紅白 (kōhaku, "red and white")) is a variety of ornamental koi (carp). The Kohaku has a white (shiro) body, with red (aka) markings, or 'hi', across the body. The Kohaku is one of the gosanke; the ‘Big Three’, consisting of Kohaku, Sanke, and Showa.[1]

Showa is a variety of ornamental koi (carp). The Showa is also known as the Showa Sanshoku (昭和三色). The Showa has a black (sumi) body, with red (hi) and white (shiro) markings across the body. The Showa is one of the gosanke; the ‘Big Three’, consisting of Kohaku, Sanke, and Showa.

Showa were originally developed by Jukichi Hoshino about 1927. He paired a Kohaku and a Ki-Utsuri. These early Showas had a greyish shiro and striped fins. The sumi (black) was dull and the hi was weak. Later, Showa were bred to Asagi which helped produce the black motoguro markings in the fins. However, the hi was still weak and pale. In 1964 Tomiji Kobayashi crossed a male Kohaku with a female Showa to produce a new style Showa with a large crimson red pattern. It also had a brighter white ground without netting. However, the Kobayashi Showa still suffered from small size and poor body shape. A major leap forward came as a result of a spectacular (for its time) inazuma (lightning pattern) showa bred by Minoru Mano. The inazuma showa represented a huge improvement in body conformation and overall color quality, and it was used as a brood fish for many years after.[1]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
but how many kotoba (compartments) does it have

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

but how many kotoba (compartments) does it have

pinku

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

t/n: kohaku means planred and white

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

and it was used as a brood fish for many years

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

quote:

A jetty is an upper floor that depends on a cantilever system in which a horizontal beam, the jetty bressummer, supports the wall above and projects forward beyond the floor below (a technique also called oversailing).[dubious – discuss]

I love a good dubious - discuss

Bonus edit:

quote:

The dam failure took place during the Chinese Cultural Revolution when most people were busy with the "revolution"

Bonus edit 2:

quote:

Tan Zhenlin, then Vice Premier of the People's Republic of China, generalized and then issued the guidelines of reservoir construction as "focusing on retaining water" and "building more small reservoirs". At the time, "retaining more water" meant "more revolutionary".[5]

awesomeolion fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 3, 2020

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"busy with the 'revolution'" would be an amazing subtitle for C-SPAM

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

quote:

"giant forest eagles"[17] are large eagles that inhabit tropical forests. The group contains two to six species, depending on the author.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

awesomeolion posted:

At the time, "retaining more water" meant "more revolutionary".[5]

leaving my deep vein thrombosis untreated to own the libs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
The doctrine of at-will employment has been heavily criticized for its severe harshness upon employees.[41] It has also been criticized as predicated upon flawed assumptions about the inherent distribution of power and information in the employee-employer relationship.[42] On the other hand, conservative scholars in the field of law and economics such as Professors Richard A. Epstein[43] and Richard Posner[44] credit employment-at-will as a major factor underlying the strength of the U.S. economy.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
two dicks agree

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

"tbf" it does indeed make the rich richer, which is good for the economy

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

The Little Death posted:

the nickname "Charles Gitout"

Mods c'mon

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

I'm the one guy's fanny pack

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
To be extremely online (typically used in proper adjective form as Extremely Online)[2] means that a person or subject is closely engaged with Internet culture.[2] People who are Extremely Online often believe that posts online are very important.[3][4]

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

lol

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Extremely Online people are interested in topics "no normal, healthy person could possibly care about",[1]

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Initially he found her "lazy and capricious" but he also saw potential in her great talent, unusually supple spine, and charisma.[2]

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
On the human body, glabrous skin is found on the ventral portion of the fingers, palms, soles of feet and lips, which are all parts of the body most closely associated with interacting with the world around us,[31] as are the labia minora and glans penis.[32]

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
As a divinized phallus, Fascinus shared attributes with Mutunus Tutunus

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

my current dumbest thing on wikipedia is the donation nag that keeps showing up after i gave them some money.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

*Big Long Penis violations

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Midjack posted:

my current dumbest thing on wikipedia is the donation nag that keeps showing up after i gave them some money.

having given them money, you are the dumbest thing on wikipedia. sorry

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

having given them money, you are the dumbest thing on wikipedia. sorry

i look at it enough that fair’s fair. never made an account, which would probably banish the nag.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i gave wikipedia money, but then they spammed me asking for more and now i just block all their popups because they're annoying. i genuinely want wikipedia to exist and think it's a cool repository of information (flawed and hilarious as it may be), but pissing me off isn't a good way to get money from me

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

they really don’t need the money

should just be labeled the jimbo wales jerk off fund

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
you shouldn't give most nonprofits your money but esp not the ones that spend millions on fundraising like the wikipedia foundation

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Although Baur was the true inventor of the Pringles chip, Liepa's name is on the patent.[6] Gene Wolfe, a mechanical engineer and author known for science fiction and fantasy novels, helped develop the machine that cooks them.[7][8]

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

not worthless, because gene wolf rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
wolfe was also supposedly the inspiration for the pringles mascot character (google a pic of wolfe and see why)