Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:

Views:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I look forward to watching clownball in advance of the Josh Allen Experience.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Place your bets on which game gets moved to Tuesday or Wednesday.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I look forward to watching clownball in advance of the Josh Allen Experience.

maybe we’ll even see some epic scorigami!!!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

philly at green bay yikes

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Place your bets on which game gets moved to Tuesday or Wednesday.
Pit is absolutely picking up a few pozzes from today's game and will be lucky if the play at all. I'd guess Tuesday for them.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Lions bad so what

New interim coach maybe makes them a little more interesting to watch but almost the entire secondary is out and Tittiekisser is gonna throw all over them, so who can say if things are actually different now

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

C-Euro posted:

Lions bad so what

New interim coach maybe makes them a little more interesting to watch but almost the entire secondary is out and Tittiekisser is gonna throw all over them, so who can say if things are actually different now

My prediction is that the lions win out, make the wildcard, and get dumpstered in the playoffs because that would be the funniest outcome.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
They could also tackle Mitch in such a way that he gives up on football. Infect him with the Lions megastar curse.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Lions is the balm that the Tittykisser needs to get back to their winning ways.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It was my time to shine. A NV all of my own. But much like the Ravens I was bested by WAF

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

fartknocker posted:

After that loss they did. The next week Peyton and the starters only played the first quarter vs Seattle, while in the final game they only played one drive before Jim Sorgi came in to do the bulk of the game against Arizona. Pulling and resting the starters was a big thing for Bill Polian, as his Buffalo Bills teams did this to a limited extent, and in 1999 the Colts lost Cornelius Bennett in the final game of the season when it wouldn't affect their playoff spot at all, so in later years they always made a point of resting guys. 2005 is the year most talked about because they lost an ugly game to Pittsburgh in the Divisional Round where the looked very flat and off to start it, but they had done it previously in 2004 and then still won a Wild Card game against Denver, and obviously would do it again in 2009 when they went to the Super Bowl again.

The 2009 instance of it was notable because they were 14-0, and it was basically a decision made mid-game against the Jets. They'd just scored a TD to take a 15-10 lead in the third quarter and pulled Peyton, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and a few others basically as the PAT was going on. Curtis Painter came in, and a drive later had a sack-fumble returned for a TD, and the Jets took over from there. Peyton and those guys basically played just like the first drive or two of the final game against Buffalo to hit various round numbers for the season (A few screens to Clark and Wayne to get them to 100 catches, for example), and then Painter and the back ups came in while Peyton was throwing wrist bands and stuff to fans in the stands. It didn't hurt them at all in the playoffs, as they beat Baltimore 20-3 in the Divisional round (The "God drat it, Donald!" game), and the Jets lead them at halftime in the AFC Championship game before Peyton figured out Rex Ryan's defense and they pulled away 30-17 (Although, late in that game when it was decided is when Dwight Freeney got hurt, which didn't help the Super Bowl).

Yeah, the 2010 team had a ton of injuries (The 2008 team had similar issues at the very end of the season). Clark went down after like week 6, Austin Collie got killed a few weeks later against the Eagles, all the running backs got hurt so it turned into a 30-something year old Dominic Rhodes on his third stint with the team, Edgerrin James' cousin, and Mike Hart while the receivers involved guys like Blair White and Brody Eldridge getting a lot of snaps and being heavily targeted in key situations. Manning made some of them work to an extent, but the lack of depth they'd had for a few years due to bad drafting and never acting in free agency started to really show that year. They got in at 10-6, hosted an 11-win Jets team where Revis locked down Reggie Wayne and none of the other guys could do much and they lost a close game on a last second field goal in part due to some bad time management from Jim Caldwell. That all lead into the Peyton-less 2011 team...

quoting this from the old thread to say that the colts 2010 season opened with the arian foster breakout game which remains one of the most fun games ive ever watched.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The TY Hilton 200 yards 3 TD game is upon us

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I remember when we all realized Bill Polian was a complete hack.

Also when he came out and stated he had Tom brady graded as a first round pick. Why he chose Guard Matt Johnson in the 5th, a person that never played a game, remains a mystery.

Maybe he was graded as a first round pick too.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The tyranny of mandating select television markets to watch a former University of Oregon quarterback has begun again. At least this one hasn’t been broken yet.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

King Hong Kong posted:

The tyranny of mandating select television markets to watch a former University of Oregon quarterback has begun again. At least this one hasn’t been broken yet.

Sorry you have to watch a good qb

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Will the Ravens have a full team by Tuesday?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
You're telling me they couldn't flex Broncos/Chiefs out of SNF

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Better Than You posted:

The slate this week ain't great

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Better Than You posted:

this game is for hardcore fans who didn't get to see practices or training camp over the summer

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

The slate this week ain't great

Because the Bucs are off.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Better Than You posted:

I think CBS and Fox get to protect one game each week, so if you assume that takes CLE/TEN and LAR/ARI off the table... A Chiefs exhibition game might be the most watchable one left.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Patrick Mahomes is the face of the NFL, why would him obliterating Denver get flexed out of primetime

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Better Than You posted:

Was just coming to ask who made the poor Broncos play at Kansas City on SNF.

I suppose on the other hand I'm not over wanting to see the Broncos lose and making everyone else watch with me.

Blind Pineapple posted:

I think CBS and Fox get to protect one game each week, so if you assume that takes CLE/TEN and LAR/ARI off the table... A Chiefs exhibition game might be the most watchable one left.

Pats/Chargers is the other one that could be slightly interesting I guess? Saints/Falcons for the real sickos. Philly Green Bay for 'playoffs' and absolutely nothing else, why the hell did they put Nantz and Romo on that one?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 3, 2020

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
N:

https://twitter.com/Ryan_McCrystal/status/1333893342044811267?s=20
https://twitter.com/Andrew_Gribble/status/1333432851929436167?s=20

V:

:schotty:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Nick Chubb is truly a bastardman when it comes to establishing the run.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Sorry you have to watch a good qb

Can’t wait for the Chargers to somehow bottle another game against a bad team.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Dec 3, 2020

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

King Hong Kong posted:

Can’t wait for the Chargers to somehow bottle another game against a bad team.

Yeah that's what bad teams do

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

The ground game for Browns/Tits is gonna be sick, should be a fun one.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Shockingly, this is part of why I wish the exec in charge of this would schedule different games.

I also like to have variety outside 49ers, Seahawks, and Raiders games and scheduling Chargers games is even worse than having 5 or 6 Titans games a year like they did for a few years because of Mariota.

In the end, I guess hoping for better scheduling is about as futile as hoping for the Chargers to be good though.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Dec 3, 2020

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

a neat cape posted:

Luckily for the Chargers, the Patriots specialty this year is playing down to bad opponents. Clownball full steam ahead

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Hell yeah. Will we get Myles Garrett and Ward back in time this Sunday?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Imagine if the Browns had a QB to take advantage of that.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Mega64 posted:

The ground game for Browns/Tits is gonna be sick, should be a fun one.

Any other year I’d be annoyed as poo poo Oregon keeps getting all the Titans games, especially for a Browns/Titans matchup, but hey, 2020 accidentally came through!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I hope henry gives himself a real chance at 2000

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Spoeank posted:

Patrick Mahomes is the face of the NFL, why would him obliterating Denver get flexed out of primetime

Without watching the game, I can already tell you that Denver is obliterating itself and Mahomes is there to sterilize the ashes

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Metapod posted:

I hope henry gives himself a real chance at 2000

Right now he's on pace for 1,828. For comparison, the last time a back hit 1,600 was Zeke's rookie year in 2016, and the last time anyone hit 1,800 was DeMarco Murrary 2014 (Common o-line there). It wouldn't be impossible, but he's got a ways to go to get there and would need to average almost 150 rushing yards per game the rest of the season.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Is there a game tonight

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
His schedule is: Cleveland, Jacksonville, Detroit, Green Bay, and Houston.

He could go for 400 yards in the last 2 games against those defenses. Lots of running room for the rest of the year for sure.

Edit: no game tonight. It was supposed to be the ravens (or the Steelers?) And they just played week 12 lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

really queer Christmas posted:

Is there a game tonight

If only there was a schedule somewhere on this page that you could check