Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Toyoda's realized some poo poo is up, and he's not gonna be a pasty. or he is on on it all

But also. AGITO is going to fight. This will be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Due to the way they put it on the page and the font, I read "Centipede" as "Gentle Pete" and was extremely confused about Lu Tian's title.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Caidin posted:

Edit:beat

Lol Raian.
Okay so like is Banner another Worm or part of a different conspiracy or just his own weird rear end in a top hat?

His expression reminded me a lot of Gaoh. Perhaps he was raised similarly.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
This chapter was pretty hype.
Speculations about matchups subverted again.
I think Nicolas is from a separate group, I still think Fei is the Tiger Vessel. Also, "Centipede" - is he going to be a grappler of some sort?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dude's nickname is literally Centipede and the centipede is connected to both the Worm (they have centipede tattoos) and the gu* ritual that Agito was forced into when he was young.

*The gu ritual involved putting poisonous creatures all in the same container, and the centipede is literally shown as an example when the manga explains the ritual.

Also...

quote:

Jincan 金蠶 "gold silkworm/caterpillar" is a gu synonym first recorded in the Tang Dynasty. Li Xian's (7th century) commentary to the Hou Han Shu uses jincan as the name of a funerary decoration cast from gold, and the (9th century) author Su E 蘇鶚 describes it as a legendary golden-color caterpillar from Kashmir.

quote:

The Bencao Gangmu (Groot 1910, vol. 5, p. 850-851) quotes Cai Dao 蔡絛's (12th century) Tieweishan congtan 鐵圍山叢談 that "gold caterpillars first existed" in the Shu region (present-day Sichuan), and "only in recent times did they find their way into" Hubei, Hunan, Fujian, Guangdong, and Guanxi. It also quotes Groot (1910, vol. 5, p. 853-854) the Tang Dynasty pharmacologist Chen Cangqi (713-741 CE) that:

ashes of old flowered silk are a cure for poison of ku of insects or reptiles which eat such silk. His commentator adds, that those insects are coiled up like a finger-ring, and eat old red silk and flowered silk, just as caterpillars eat leaves; hence, considered in the light of the present day, those insects are gold caterpillars.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Nicolas seemingly forgot that he lost to Jose when he was first introduced which doesn't match his haughty personality, really wants to kill, and he also doesn't seem to care about Naidan's death despite being close to him in the past (which is probably how Naiden figured out he's not the real Nicolas) making him either a super narcissistic sociopath or an imposter. But would the Tiger Vessal really get reconstructive surgery and completely change his face like this? I feel like he'd fight as himself like Naidan instead of pretending to be someone else. Story wise it'd be kind of weird to have this major villain with someone else's face

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

yum posted:

Nicolas seemingly forgot that he lost to Jose when he was first introduced which doesn't match his haughty personality, really wants to kill, and he also doesn't seem to care about Naidan's death despite being close to him in the past (which is probably how Naiden figured out he's not the real Nicolas) making him either a super narcissistic sociopath or an imposter. But would the Tiger Vessal really get reconstructive surgery and completely change his face like this? I feel like he'd fight as himself like Naidan instead of pretending to be someone else. Story wise it'd be kind of weird to have this major villain with someone else's face

He could have just lost to Jose on purpose in order to keep his cover up for being worm or whatever

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol that this tournament is supposedly to establish control to keep the worm out of japan and purgatory has been so heavily infiltrated

Char
Jan 5, 2013
I said "separate group" but what I meant is "I don't think Nicolas is the Tiger Vessel". Him being a worm member, way more plausible. Anyway, dunno, the Centipede moniker is for the audience, that's why I didn't give it too much meaning, but... it's kinda on the nose, isn't it? Also, if Liu is the Serpent, I can't but think Fei is going to be the Tiger :v:

Char fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 3, 2020

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Plutonis posted:

He could have just lost to Jose on purpose in order to keep his cover up for being worm or whatever

Yeah true that's possible too.

lol this chapter is actually pretty funny, Lu Tian calls Liu trash in his face and after everything has been deescalated and Liu is already walking away, Raian runs forward and tries to throw a massive punch out of nowhere. Lu Tian also seems to be fighting in what appears to be business casual attire.

Also, where is Alan Wu? He hasn't appeared at all this chapter.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

yum posted:

Yeah true that's possible too.

lol this chapter is actually pretty funny, Lu Tian calls Liu trash in his face and after everything has been deescalated and Liu is already walking away, Raian runs forward and tries to throw a massive punch out of nowhere. Lu Tian also seems to be fighting in what appears to be business casual attire.

Also, where is Alan Wu? He hasn't appeared at all this chapter.

Neither did the fighters who already had a match or Muppet looking clone guy.

Also this the 3rd match in a row where the guy stepping up knew how to perfectly draw out their chosen opponent and that's kinda funny to me.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Another surprise cameo in Danberu.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1129402

Huh, tongue tattoo. Can you do that? Whatever, so the Gu poison thing was all a procedure for making a tigers vessel I guess. Might be too early to say.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Donaire's in love

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I just noticed but loving hell Agito 's face on page 12.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So the formless stance is what Agito learned while in his Gu ritual and Liu Tan is presumably the Tiger Vessel guy...ok. Feels like this should be a bigger moment or something but we're just doing this right after Ryuki's fight

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Brought To You By posted:

So the formless stance is what Agito learned while in his Gu ritual and Liu Tan is presumably the Tiger Vessel guy...ok. Feels like this should be a bigger moment or something but we're just doing this right after Ryuki's fight

interestingly enough Tian doesn't even have a white tattoo, so he might not be the real top dog

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hmmm, my theory about the Gu ritual and Agito was confirmed then. I wonder how Tongue Tat will do now if he's pulling all the stops.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Brought To You By posted:

Feels like a red herring to me.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

interestingly enough Tian doesn't even have a white tattoo, so he might not be the real top dog

I thought this as well, but neither does Xai Ji and he was the one in charge of the operations to capture Ryuki which seems a big deal for the Worms so I'm not sure how the rankings would go. Could be the case that the Tiger vessel isn't as high up because the executives don't value him as highly as they would the "real deal" like Ohma/Ryuki. Could also be one of the reasons he has such a complex over being the Tiger Vessel himself

Hypocrisy posted:

Feels like a red herring to me.
I agree, but I need to see how this plays out since it's coming off the back of Ryuki's fight.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Hmmm, my theory about the Gu ritual and Agito was confirmed then. I wonder how Tongue Tat will do now if he's pulling all the stops.

if his claim about inherenting every thing from a Niko is true he probably at least knows advance.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I kinda want this guy to lose just because he's fighting in a tournament wearing a polo shirt

What an rear end in a top hat!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Look, This is gonna be really drat good and I am an excite.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

most important bit of the chapter

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Getting real tired of people jumping the gun as soon as the fight starts and their fighter isn't being clubbed back and forth into the ground.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

rereading the final ashura chapter I don't think this guy is the guy we see there or a tiger's vessel. Agito specifically is not a tiger's vessel and the guy at the end of ashura seemingly would want to fight and kill Ohma more than Agito

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Break week?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Seems that way

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I dont know why but when Asura went into Agitos backstory there was the line "They performed Gu on humans" and its just been stuck in my head. It pops up and I think "they performed Gu on humans" while im in the middle of work or something. That sentence just resonates with me

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Agito has the best fights

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1144878/1

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

time for BASICS AND FUNDAMENTALS

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
I'm glad that the narrator just up and confirmed Koga has the Fist Eye. happy at least one of Yamashita's many Large Sons is following in his footsteps.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

How in the world do you miss that a guy's got a centipede tattooed on his tongue?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Speaking very carefully?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RareAcumen posted:

How in the world do you miss that a guy's got a centipede tattooed on his tongue?

I dunno, do you closely examine the tongues of everyone you work with?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
IIRC, the big thing about Agito is, that along with Formless, he mastered countless martial arts and is able to switch between them and Formless literary mid-punch, right?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Formless X advance will own

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Gensai observes the "perfect" formless and sighs at another idiot, fool, incompetent who did not even learn their fundamentals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I for one am just glad that Lu's crazy face isn't some random quirk since I'd forgotten that Agito has the same tick when using Formless.