Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Costco report: Parking lot really wasn't bad this afternoon so I decided to brave it. Not what I'd call busy, and everything was in order. No TP no paper towels, no KS wipes (some weird generic looking ones, tho). FUUUU-UUUHhh I just remembered ham. I swear to Jellineck I didn't see it, I didn't see *any* ham. Oh well. Also, VitaFusion gummy adult vitamins AND KS in stock. I've warmed up to the KS ones, but I really, really prefer the VitaFusion.

Got some presents and chocolates for the holidays.

Big Deal: Fresh turkeys are about a buck a pound PLUS $10 off for Toms (the big guys) and $5 off for... lady turkeys (the smaller ones). I got a 14 pound fresh turkey, the same as I cooked for Thanksgiving, for $8. Good until the 9th. I love turkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Local co was all out of cheap birds today. Hams in stock but not half priced so skipped it

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Ran in real quick to pick up our Christmas cards. Only needed a few basics otherwise.

Dropped $260 on just basics apparently. Not counting the cost of the cards and stamps of course.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Got a live wreath. I'm a huge fan of them, I usually grab one every year. Also went a little wild in the frozen section because we just got a deep freezer and we finally have space. Those frozen meals keep me sane during my 11 hour overnight shifts working from home.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
The real wreaths are great, I get one every year.

We bought our Christmas cards from Costco this year - they're amazing! Nice designs, extremely deluxe cards for less than $1 a card. Although be warned, they all require extra postage.

Also our Co' got the self-service tire filler. What a godsend to not have to wave down a tire guy. They always made me feel like I was inconveniencing them.

VVVVV

Geodude fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 2, 2020

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
What kind of cards are the buying that it needs extra postage?

The only card I've ever sent out that required more was a gigantic wedding invitation. This is my 6th time using Costco cards and I've never had a problem with a regular stamp.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Oh you know I got a gram of that fine Kirkland Saffron.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

StormDrain posted:

Oh you know I got a gram of that fine Kirkland Saffron.

I hope you're aware of how many monkeys in shock collars it takes to process enough saffron threads for each of those jars.

Enjoy your yellow rice.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Smugworth posted:

I hope you're aware of how many monkeys in shock collars it takes to process enough saffron threads for each of those jars.

Enjoy your yellow rice.

How many, because now I'm interested?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Primo username/post combo though

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Smugworth posted:

Enjoy your yellow rice.

I'm not sure, they didn't list that on the label? What's the right amount for quality Spanish saffron?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smugworth posted:

Enjoy your yellow rice.
2 out of 3 posts about monkey labor is a good ratio tbh

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Just wait until someone tells him what happens to the cows when we make steaks.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

DkHelmet posted:

Look, how else do you propose we get leather for boots, gloves, and jackets?

I mean, yeah I guess we could just throw the cow insides away but that seems wasteful?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

DkHelmet posted:

Do you even realize how many monkeys it takes to kill a full grown cow?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Smugworth posted:

Twelve.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I thought monkeys were only good for poo poo novels.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

SirPablo posted:

I thought monkeys were only good for poo poo novels.

Depends how many you've got locked in the room, and how long you're willing to wait?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Smugworth posted:

Excuse me, I prefer baby cows. And I have baby monkeys kill them.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
only the blurst of literature in this house

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Martman posted:

Excuse me, I prefer baby cows. And I have baby monkeys kill them.

Babies do taste better.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Can I purchase this monkey labor from Costco?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Why can't the monkeys just unionize?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

The Hambulance posted:

Can I purchase this monkey labor from Costco?

Only in crates of 12 monkeys.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Stunt_enby posted:

2 out of 3 posts about monkey labor is a good ratio tbh

lol you weren't kidding. He has 4 posts in this thread now and 3 of them are about slave monkeys. wtf lol

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
monkey business isn't profitable without monkey slavery

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm free all day, what is the best time to go to costco in the range 11:30am - 3pm? I assume 11:30-1 would be bad because of the lunch rush, or is there no such thing? Is it just 'earlier is better'? I'm in the bay area if that means anything.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can get a bar chart if you look in google maps entry for the costco

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

redreader posted:

I'm free all day, what is the best time to go to costco in the range 11:30am - 3pm? I assume 11:30-1 would be bad because of the lunch rush, or is there no such thing? Is it just 'earlier is better'? I'm in the bay area if that means anything.

Peep it on google. It uses phone location data to show when stuff is busy

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

redreader posted:

I always get there right near opening, but the one I got to in San Jose has a real lovely parking lot so that's mostly the reason way.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Fartington Butts posted:

I always get there right near opening, but the one I got to in San Jose has a real lovely parking lot so that's mostly the reason way.

Senter or Coleman? I'm probably going to Senter today.

edit: ok thanks I'll use the bar chart. I looked at it for Trader Joe's a week or two ago and it said 'as busy as it gets' and there was no line and they let me right in. But maybe because TJ's is so small and the line goes around the block past other shops it confused google? Costco is just costco so it's probably more accurate.

edit 2: yeah mild variations with 12 being worse than 11 or 1 but so mild, I'll just go when I'm ready.

redreader fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 3, 2020

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its an average, stuff varies and the main portion of the dataset was in the before times

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

redreader posted:

Senter or Coleman? I'm probably going to Senter today.

edit: ok thanks I'll use the bar chart. I looked at it for Trader Joe's a week or two ago and it said 'as busy as it gets' and there was no line and they let me right in. But maybe because TJ's is so small and the line goes around the block past other shops it confused google? Costco is just costco so it's probably more accurate.

edit 2: yeah mild variations with 12 being worse than 11 or 1 but so mild, I'll just go when I'm ready.

Almaden, further south. It's also next to a Trader Joe's which doesn't help the parking situation.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Its always packed

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

Look, how else do you propose we get leather for boots, gloves, and jackets?

I mean, yeah I guess we could just throw the cow insides away but that seems wasteful?

The current market for leather is small enough that a lot of people sell the cow insides and then throw the cow husk into the garbage

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Working my way through bag #2 of shrimp chips.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

SirPablo posted:

Working my way through bag #2 of shrimp chips.

I'm about to open a new bag. Its the weekend now for me

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Advent Wine Box seems to be following Star Trek TOS Movie rules. Odd days are mediocre to awful, even are passable

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

Advent Wine Box seems to be following Star Trek TOS Movie rules. Odd days are mediocre to awful, even are passable

Two reds and a white. One was okay. But for the price can we really complain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
i used to be a get there at 9:50am guy to beat the crowds, but at least for my locality getting there at 6:30-7pm is even better.

early cons: if you dawdle, fast movers will eventually overtake you and it'll start to get crowded before you can get out
late cons: occasionally some of the low-volume stuff will be sold out for the day (whole ribeyes, etc.)