Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

dismas posted:

Where the new place, I have some strays to dump outside

:mad:

no.

and you wont find it anyways

even google will get you lost

as intended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Been a bit since I checked in. Butters is still doing well and trying his best to ruin my life.

I have to work from home. I'm a shrink and my clients have all met butters. I have to sometimes suppress my judgemental tendencies. When that happens, butters does it for me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chili posted:

Been a bit since I checked in. Butters is still doing well and trying his best to ruin my life.

I have to work from home. I'm a shrink and my clients have all met butters. I have to sometimes suppress my judgemental tendencies. When that happens, butters does it for me.

"I see. Mmhmm... Have you considered perhaps... Feeding me treats?..."

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Chili posted:

Such a handsome boy :) You've done a great thing with him Chili

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame

Chili posted:

"They say petting animals is therapeutic and helps improve your mood. Well, here I am."

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Chili posted:

"You're being absurd. Find better coping mechanisms. That'll be ten treats."

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked

Chili posted:

His paws look comically large now that he's so slim. Good to see he's still truckin'.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Happy Holidays

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Chili posted:

Butters continues to be the best drat cat, certainly helps with my mental well-being. Also good to see his leg fur has grown back.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Chili posted:

Happy Holidays

Took me awhile

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Butters is the best therapy catte

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
Slowly looking into adopting after losing both pups earlier this year. I am getting more and more frustrated each time I inquire about a pup, and fill out yet another application for each agency, most often never getting any sort of response whatsoever.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Chili posted:

You and the buttery one made the world better! Thank you

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
Seriously, gently caress people that post their doggos on PetFinder/Adoptapet and then never respond to applications.
(and gently caress the ones that charge an arm and a leg to cover the cost of the professional photography, and then refuse applications beyond a select area of the country.)

I am convinced that many of the organizations posting on those cites are scams to get donations.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Hades update: His paw is doing better, they gave him antibiotics and the swelling went way down. They're not sure if he still has something in the toe itself, it still kinda cants off to one side in a weird way but it's never really bothered him so :shrug:

Turns out he's already been neutered, so yay for that. No microchip so he's officially ours as every avenue to try to find his owner has been exhausted. He's also negative for FIV and FLV, so we've been introducing him to our other cats. Odin is filled with his usual indifference, Ajna is curious but standoffish. Persephone pretty much still hates his guts, but they can at least be in the same room and she'll only stare daggers at him. Hades just doesn't care, he's super chill.

This is Hades stealing Odin's usual spot, the lazyboy next to my computer. Luckily Odin was upstairs asleep, Hades being in this spot is one of the few things I can think of that would have pissed Odin off.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

One of the feral cats living at my house (interestingly, the only one that lets us pet them) has been holing up in a box in our garage watching over a new litter of kittens for about a week now.

I hope there are plans to get that cat spayed/neutered?

e: whoops that was last April. I hope it got done back then I guess.

Ockhams Crowbar
May 7, 2007
Always the simplest solution.

Newest foster! Her tongue constantly hangs out and she only has about four teeth. She is very sweet and aggressively cuddly and wants to be not just in your lap, but in your face at all times.

She's also not housebroken at all. We're working on that.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Ockhams Crowbar posted:

Newest foster! Her tongue constantly hangs out and she only has about four teeth. She is very sweet and aggressively cuddly and wants to be not just in your lap, but in your face at all times.

That is an adorable little muppet.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Ockhams Crowbar posted:

Sweet snuggly little pee dog. :kimchi:

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Huh -- so I just saw a banner ad for [url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3940941a goon selling T-shirts to raise money for neutering feral cats[/url], and thought it should be linked in this thread.

Cut pics of fosters in that thread too!

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Huh -- so I just saw a banner ad for a goon selling T-shirts to raise money for neutering feral cats, and thought it should be linked in this thread.
fixed your neutered link :tipshat:

Comrade Cakewalk
Nov 4, 2006
Win a cake for the motherland.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Huh -- so I just saw a banner ad for a goon selling T-shirts to raise money for neutering feral cats, and thought it should be linked in this thread.

Cut pics of fosters in that thread too!

Gracias!

I was never supposed to have all these fosters, but some people are trash and HERE WE ARE. Currently have 6. Oliver was a filthy ringworm-infested bitey rear end in a top hat a coworker found at Sams Club. I took him to the vet before I let him in my house bc I thought he had ringworm, vet says no, but he did and now EVERYONE has ringworm! And the shelter people won't take him until he's completely cured.

He's my friend now, tho. Chonk

Tennessee, Hennessy, Ben, Izzy, and Killa B are 5 under 2lb babies my neighbor was going to put outside, so I took them because I am a sucker and kittens freezing/starving to death makes me sad. They also have ringworm. Lol.

I got the mother cat spayed for this neighbor.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Stupid neighbor. You are a good person.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Ah poo poo, it's been a couple of months. Have some Butter.

This cast was supposed to be dead by October. Still scarfing down his heart meds with no end in sight.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Butters! :swoon:

I'm so glad he's still doing well, here's to many more buttery months.

spookygonk posted:

Stupid neighbor. You are a good person.

Seriously who puts a bunch of babies out in January. I'm sorry about your ringworm, you did a very kind thing.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Chili posted:

Ah poo poo, it's been a couple of months. Have some Butter.

This warms my [currently] cold, dead soul.

Butters continues to be the best darn cat.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
This seemed to be the right thread for this:

https://twitter.com/GorditosGatitos/status/1355524974698786820?s=20

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

My friend’s cat loved her automatic feeder, but my friend eventually realized that the cat had figured out how to open the top and would eat extra food late at night.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

My friend’s cat loved her automatic feeder, but my friend eventually realized that the cat had figured out how to open the top and would eat extra food late at night.

https://blondihacks.com/furiosas-cat-feeder/

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This is amazing.

Comrade Cakewalk
Nov 4, 2006

mistaya posted:

Seriously who puts a bunch of babies out in January. I'm sorry about your ringworm, you did a very kind thing.
Yeah, I'm not happy about having 10 cats in my house, piled on my bed, play fighting all night, crying for food constantly, endless poop scooping... at least they're not bottle babies.

They're cute lil bastards, tho.

The only girl, Killa B

Izzy, probably my favorite

Tenessee, a naughty beautyboi

Henessey, beautyboi #1

Ben, butthole #1

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

Hope all the kitties are doing good. Our local spca needs bottle feeders for kittens so I put in an app, might end up with some potatobabies

Comrade Cakewalk
Nov 4, 2006
Good luck, bottle babies are hard. But rewarding.

Ghostbabby:

Ghostbiggie:

Ghost and his 2 brothers, RZA and ODB, were born outside and attacked by a dog when they were less than a day old. The dog killed mom and 2 other siblings and bit Ghost on the leg. My elderly neighbor (different one) showed-up at my house at like 9PM with 3 dirty kittens in a box after she found them and their dead mother under her porch.

Unfortunately, ODB and RZA didn't live, but Ghost pulled-through. He was very sick for a very long time and even became incontinent for a bit. That was reallllllly terrible, I'm still finding lil poo stains. After much trial and error, we finally discovered he's severely allergic to chicken. He's strong and healthy now :) Ghost is a fosterfail, he's my baby and spoiled absolutely rotten.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
jesus loving christ.

be strong ghost babby.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Congratulations on becoming lorge adult, Ghost.

Comrade Cakewalk
Nov 4, 2006
Baby Ghost time!

Milkstache

Milkstache!

Cuuuuute!

I love biting through Macbook cords!!

Lotta butt baths...

Lotta being scratched to hell while scrubbing diarrhea off of this animal. If there's any diseases you can get from that, I guess I have em.

And Ghost now:

Pretty boy :3:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
a big goddamn hero.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

hi how do I keep the 10 to 15 outdoor feral cats that hang out in my garage during bad weather from freezing to death during the 96+ straight hours of record-breaking below-freezing cold we’re about to get, with very little money (maybe $70 to $80 max, and preferably much lower)?

EDIT: oh right I’m supposed to post pics in this thread

Kenan and Kelly are doing just fine

and Sisqo is still a lil stinker

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Feb 12, 2021

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

I have no idea but since this seems to be an immediate problem here are my thoughts:

I am guessing a box they can hide in with an electric blanket + some other towel or warmth to cuddle up to is too expensive, given the number of cats. Plus I don't know what that electric bill would look like, even if you have accessible outlets in your garage.

Can you make 'outdoor cat shelters' to put in your garage? If your garage stays closed it won't get quite as cold as outside, and the inside of the shelters should be slightly warmer than that, especially if some of them cuddle up. A steady supply of food so they can keep building up energy to burn off should help, too. A quick google involves styrofoam, rubber maid totes, duct tape, straw and a knife. Those individually are pretty affordable if you can get your hands on them, but I don't know if you have those in easy reach.

If you don't mind taking trips to your garage if you warm up the wet food that might help them be encouraged to eat it and digest it (while warming them in the process for a small while).

If you can get it shipped to you a heated water dish might help, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Here is a list of 12 organizations in east Texas that work with feral cats, that can help you more than we can now. Most of them do TNR so you can get around to that, too.