Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
They were selling 12-packs of tp when I went today, that's a lot less then the 36-packs I always see. Also got some keto chocolate and caramel frozen lollipops. Avoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Mozi posted:

monkey business isn't profitable without monkey slavery

My wife told me about some place that trained some sort of ape/monkey to collect some fruit or whatever and i remember saying, "yo thats cool as hell"

I think the implication was that the monkeys were being forced to do so...

So it may not have actually been "cool as hell"

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
You gotta crack a few monkeys to make an omelet

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Don’t forget they make a great chilled dessert. Thanks, Temple of Doom.

Costco realchat: now that I have committed to buying shrimp chips I no longer see shrimp chips. I swear that the local store is messing with me.

Same with that giant bag of frozen breakfast sausage patties. Yum yum, Dk needs some, and it’s discontinued. 1000 units at stores A and B nearby, discontinued at my location.

I have apparently angered the stocking gods.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’ve been enjoying the wine advent calendar. It’s more fun than anything, but my more expectations have been surpassed so far.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ultimate Mango posted:

Two reds and a white. One was okay. But for the price can we really complain?

That second red tasted like it was corked for us. We poured it out and had a KS Malbec instead. But yeah, what do I expect for the price

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

DkHelmet posted:

Don’t forget they make a great chilled dessert. Thanks, Temple of Doom.

Costco realchat: now that I have committed to buying shrimp chips I no longer see shrimp chips. I swear that the local store is messing with me.

Same with that giant bag of frozen breakfast sausage patties. Yum yum, Dk needs some, and it’s discontinued. 1000 units at stores A and B nearby, discontinued at my location.

I have apparently angered the stocking gods.

I've personally never done it, but many people say Costco actually takes submissions to the suggestion box seriously so try letting them know?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I bought one of those huge tins of extra crunchy roasted salted peanuts, and finished the thing in five days. I thought eating them with chopsticks would be a good way to moderate my consumption as well as keep my hands from getting all salty, but it just meant I literally didn't stop eating peanut after peanut and now they're gone. I added around 6500 calories to my diet this week in peanuts alone.

Never again.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

The Midniter posted:

I bought one of those huge tins of extra crunchy roasted salted peanuts, and finished the thing in five days. I thought eating them with chopsticks would be a good way to moderate my consumption as well as keep my hands from getting all salty, but it just meant I literally didn't stop eating peanut after peanut and now they're gone. I added around 6500 calories to my diet this week in peanuts alone.

Never again.

You mean from now on you'll just eat them with your hands, right?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

The Midniter posted:

Never again.

Tips for not inhaling roasted nuts (I have the same problem):
* Buy unsalted ones. They’re far less addictive. I have a CostCo bag of roasted unsalted hazelnuts which I’m vaguely responsible about eating. If they were salted it would be gone in two days.
* Get peanuts in the shells which will slow you down... a little. Sadly I’ve never seen this at CostCo.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

The Midniter posted:

Never again.

That must have been a workout for your bidet.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

david_a posted:

Tips for not inhaling roasted nuts (I have the same problem):
* Buy unsalted ones. They’re far less addictive. I have a CostCo bag of roasted unsalted hazelnuts which I’m vaguely responsible about eating. If they were salted it would be gone in two days.
* Get peanuts in the shells which will slow you down... a little. Sadly I’ve never seen this at CostCo.

I worked at Five Guys for a couple years and would bring massive bags of in-shell peanuts home with me. Once you get the muscle memory down, it's just as fast cracking them open and tossing them into your mouth as it is just scooping the shelled ones into your mouth from your hand. It's a sickness, I swear.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

The Midniter posted:

I worked at Five Guys for a couple years and would bring massive bags of in-shell peanuts home with me. Once you get the muscle memory down, it's just as fast cracking them open and tossing them into your mouth as it is just scooping the shelled ones into your mouth from your hand. It's a sickness, I swear.

then its preventing you from doing handfuls lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Midniter posted:

lol that owns

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
If you need a little fiber in your gut, don't shell them first. One or two peanuts IN SHELL still taste like peanuts, and will clean you right out.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

david_a posted:

Get pistachios in the shell and revel in your high finger strength and callouses from all that shelling. Never, ever, EVER get the shelled, salted, roasted pistachios. Just... make pretend they don't exist. Costco should ditch all the pretensions and sell them in a feedbag you can strap directly to your face.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

fischtick posted:

Get pistachios in the shell and revel in your high finger strength and callouses from all that shelling. Never, ever, EVER get the shelled, salted, roasted pistachios. Just... make pretend they don't exist. Costco should ditch all the pretensions and sell them in a feedbag you can strap directly to your face.

Roasted and salted pistachios sold outside of their shell are weirdly gummy/chewy in a way that roasted and salted pistachios sold within their shells aren't.

Why yes, I'm fuzzy on the "which one is shelled" issue, why do you ask?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Hey at least you're avoiding the cinnamon/honey roasted stuff.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Pistachios are so drat good, and the only thing that holds me back from buying more is how incredibly awful the family that control them is.

https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2016/08/lynda-stewart-resnick-california-water/

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Do you know how many monkeys it takes to shell those pistachios?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Costco has a nice selection of classy books for the holidays. Faux leather hardbound classics of literature. I’m not getting any myself, obviously. I object to the way they bind those monkeys to the typewriters

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

poisonpill posted:

Costco has a nice selection of classy books for the holidays. Faux leather hardbound classics of literature. I’m not getting any myself, obviously. I object to the way they bind those monkeys to the typewriters

:jerkbag:

They're not :airquote:bound:airquote:. They're chained.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

They were out of the good TP today and just had the see through stuff that you would expect to find in a gas station bathroom. Did get some of those hot chocolate bombs, hoping they taste as good as they look. It's nice that they are made with chocolate instead of just cocoa powder, looking forward to some churros dipped in them.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

poisonpill posted:

I bought art of war because of its cool cover. I hope a monkey was forced to proofread it

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

My wife told me about some place that trained some sort of ape/monkey to collect some fruit or whatever and i remember saying, "yo thats cool as hell"

I think the implication was that the monkeys were being forced to do so...

So it may not have actually been "cool as hell"

Its most effective to train animals with a pure reward clicker training setup, so if they were doing it competently the monkeys would be treated fairly well.

If they had a bunch of assholes who were trying to powertrip tho who knows

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Tunicate posted:

Its most effective to train animals with a pure reward clicker training setup, so if they were doing it competently the monkeys would be treated fairly well.

If they had a bunch of assholes who were trying to powertrip tho who knows
I support a million monkeys typing away to write Shakespeare

Go monkeys go!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Midniter posted:

Don't do this with organic pistachios, they're full of cocoons.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
https://www.jungborn.de/die-wurst-kabeltrommel-gut-kampen-545648/

Next year, instead of ham, I’d like the ‘Co to carry 3.5M of classy slim Jim on a roller/dispenser with refill!

[edit] fixed refill link!

fischtick fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 4, 2020

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

fischtick posted:

Next year, instead of ham, I’d like the ‘Co to carry 3.5M of classy slim Jim on a roller/dispenser with refill!

Need to re-engineer one of those nerf guns so it shoots slim jims instead of foam darts

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

fischtick posted:

Needs a little guillotine attachment to slice off a bit. Or just jam the end in your mouth and chaw down until the whole thing has unspooled into you.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Bum the Sad posted:

You gotta crack a few monkeys to make an omelet

please do not crack your monkey in the thread.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Time to cut up those steaks. Trying to decide between 1.5” and 2”, will maybe be doing these sous vide in a vacuum bag or reverse sear/pan fry. Is 2” getting too thick?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Paul MaudDib posted:

Time to cut up those steaks. Trying to decide between 1.5” and 2”, will maybe be doing these sous vide in a vacuum bag or reverse sear/pan fry. Is 2” getting too thick?

Definitely not too thick, just make sure you give it enough time in the puddle machine/low heat

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

fischtick posted:

I just canceled my Christmas trip to Germany, and now I'm really sad because I want that thing. I'll just have to pick one up in the summer I guess.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I'm addicted to unsalted cashews.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Jubs posted:

I'm addicted to unsalted cashews.
Really hosed up how they make the monkeys pick the salt off one crystal at a time.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Costco: 1.50 dog with drink and free refill (by monkeys)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
costco: youre gonna love our nuts

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Martman posted:

Really hosed up how they make the monkeys pick the salt off one crystal at a time.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

fischtick posted:

This rules. I wonder if they ship USA...