Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

matti posted:

i should rewatch the matrix sequels cos apparently i no longer remember anything of em

they're really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mediaphage posted:

i thought about clones but it didn't seem matrixy enough tbh

i kind of hope its not clones

i kind of like the arnie clone movie
act 1 is to chase down the backups that neo hid in the matrix with the oracle or merovingian’s lady or w/e tae gently caress, and 3d print them and upload the consciousnesses irl westworld styles

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
innit, 5’d

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hmm how are we gonna bring back the main characters who died in the previous film in this series where people are grown in vats and can have memories and abilities downloaded into their brain in seconds

hmmmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Chiming in as someone who had no idea Matrix 4 was coming out.

2 and 3 just had too much scope creep with dumb religious imagery tacked on. The first was great because it had such a rich concept but they didn't really shoot for the moon with the story, it was just a tight action flick.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

qirex posted:

they might just pull a 2018 halloween/terminator dark fate* and pretend the other movies don't exist

*I watched this last week and it somehow wasn't awful? I mean it was dumb but it stayed in its lane and was entertaining

dark fate was the last decent terminator movie since 2

although a sick part of me really enjoyed the very last part of 3

e: it was the really big computers and radio equipment :tinfoil:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
3 had a good ending, shame about the rest of it

the best terminator sequel past 2 is the TV show

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

where they went with the latter two just ignored everything they did with the end of the first. ‘omg hes doing his flying thing so fast!!!’ is dumb because flying isn’t special in itself, but flying is him transcending the rules of the matrix

the fight choreography was spectacle and weightless. having a lot of smiths isn’t a threat

none of the other poo poo (architect, zion, etc.) made any sense either from an in world or narrative pov

also the wachowskis read a book that everyone had to be miserable on a film set so no one had fun doing a billion takes

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

qirex posted:

they might just pull a 2018 halloween/terminator dark fate* and pretend the other movies don't exist

*I watched this last week and it somehow wasn't awful? I mean it was dumb but it stayed in its lane and was entertaining

they also had the plot continue across the matrix mmorpg, they really thought that they could convince people to consume non-movie-format parts of the franchise if they had those parts of the canon exclusive to them

lol imagine if you had to play a video game to figure out what was going on between the second and third star wars sequels, like they just throw you in media res into rise of skywalker and never go back and explain it

Kenny Logins posted:

act 1 is to chase down the backups that neo hid in the matrix with the oracle or merovingian’s lady or w/e tae gently caress, and 3d print them and upload the consciousnesses irl westworld styles

from what i heard the mmo had you tracking down fragments of neo's digital soul or whatever

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

haveblue posted:

3 had a good ending, shame about the rest of it

the best terminator sequel past 2 is the TV show

that show was objectively bad and I have no idea why people like that girl from firefly so much

The Fool fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 3, 2020

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

PCjr sidecar posted:

none of the other poo poo (architect, zion, etc.) made any sense either from an in world or narrative pov

i liked the architect

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

someone please tell me they have a copy of the pizza matrix

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

heck yes this rules

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

aww, dune was the only movie i have looked forward to seeing in an actual theater in a while. oh well

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

lord funk posted:

aww, dune was the only movie i have looked forward to seeing in an actual theater in a while. oh well

it says you can still do that, it'll just be a much emptier theater (and therefore safer I guess)

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i liked the architect

i dislike that he’s constantly stealing art on twitter

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lord funk posted:

dune will still be in theaters but you wont have to go to theaters to see things with other people anymore

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it apparently only costs like $150 to book a theater for a private showing. i bet i could convince my bubble of 5 people to go and see dune for 30 bucks each.

granted that's not imax but still better than watching it on a tv

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

from what i heard the mmo had you tracking down fragments of neo's digital soul or whatever
it would be neat if they had to track down cipher and recreate neo from what cipher thought he was like/would be like

then again i just want to see joey pants getting work

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

it apparently only costs like $150 to book a theater for a private showing. i bet i could convince my bubble of 5 people to go and see dune for 30 bucks each.

granted that's not imax but still better than watching it on a tv

$30/person for a private showing isnt bad at all. i'd pay that. maybe $40-50 for a private imax showing

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'm interested in Matrix 4 if only to find out why Neo, Trinity, and even Niobe are back, but not Morpheus. like, wtf. they apparently didn't even ask Laurence Fishburne if he wanted to be in it. what sort of story can you tell in that world that doesn't include the big dog

also I wonder if they'll resurrect their original idea, which is that humans were used to increase the machines' processing power

PCjr sidecar posted:

where they went with the latter two just ignored everything they did with the end of the first. ‘omg hes doing his flying thing so fast!!!’ is dumb because flying isn’t special in itself, but flying is him transcending the rules of the matrix

the fight choreography was spectacle and weightless. having a lot of smiths isn’t a threat

also the wachowskis read a book that everyone had to be miserable on a film set so no one had fun doing a billion takes

they clearly didn't understand (or just flat out didn't notice) the gnosticism underpinning the story they ripped off for The Matrix so the sequels are sort of a mishmash of Lutheranism and Buddhism

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
matrix 4 couldn't get hugo weaving back because of scheduling problems

c'mon

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/ali_west/status/1334210788890980357

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i saw matrix 3 in theatres when i was 9, thanks dad

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
we made my mom angry when she picked us up afterward and asked what the matrix was and i told her that, unfortunately, i could not tell her

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

we made my mom angry when she picked us up afterward and asked what the matrix was and i told her that, unfortunately, i could not tell her

i saw fight club with my dad and bro and well let's just say my dad has a good credit score and was not pleased

i mean he was right about people liking that movie too much the way people like rick and morty and breaking bad

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

i saw fight club with my dad and bro and well let's just say my dad has a good credit score and was not pleased

i mean he was right about people liking that movie too much the way people like rick and morty and breaking bad

good inspiration to start making my own soaps tho

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

mediaphage posted:

good inspiration to start making my own soaps tho

please just don't use an EMP device to erase VHS tapes

that's an essential part of our culture

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

please just don't use an EMP device to erase VHS tapes

that's an essential part of our culture

i got u fam

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
matrix 2 had the freeway scene which was super good

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

they should have asked this guy to be in matrix 4

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

rotor posted:

matrix 2 had the freeway scene which was super good

yep

and for my inner war nerd the mech suit defense of zion with the reloading bits

that was a nail biter

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

yep

and for my inner war nerd the mech suit defense of zion with the reloading bits

that was a nail biter

Those robots were cool but I feel like they should have had some actual armour instead of being open cockpit death traps

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Those robots were cool but I feel like they should have had some actual armour instead of being open cockpit death traps

I feel like it was a callback to aliens honestly

and probably a bunch of anime

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the loader not being armored made sense in aliens tho

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
matrix sequel is already here it's called the regraded "in the mood for love" :(

https://twitter.com/zizz_0/status/1307404772966912005

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Carthag Tuek posted:

the loader not being armored made sense in aliens tho

well yeah

but that welder seemed suspiciously placed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

in the past couple of days I have seen yosposters argue that the sopranos is bad and the matrix sequels are good. very disturbing