Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

this thread made me make some tofish and chips, but im debating just how much batter is too much batter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
no such thing

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
When you run out of things to batter, you can just make scraps.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Sounds like my playground days.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It's snowing lads

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
hallelujah

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

no its not!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Slushy snowing in Sheffield!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

it did not noticeably snow here although google assures me it is

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Am I allowed to go on holiday? As in step on a plane, fall asleep for hours and then wake up somewhere hot. Is this something I am legally allowed to do?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

only if you're a pilot

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Or an important businessman

My phone woke me up at 2 this morning to warn me about the snow. Cheers phone.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Am I allowed to go on holiday? As in step on a plane, fall asleep for hours and then wake up somewhere hot. Is this something I am legally allowed to do?

If you're a drug mule it counts as a business trip.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Looks like theres flights and I've seen celebrities on beaches and stuff so yeah i guess so. But when you come back you have to stay in for two weeks or pay to get a test. Hmmm if youre in tier 3 its probably pretty discouraged. The ski resorts in france are open! But theyre not running the lifts?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Don't go on holiday. Save your cash and do a big one when you won't risk killing someone's nan

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah if you're gonna kill a nan you want to be sure

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

mrpwase posted:

Or an important businessman

But that's literally only for quarantining. I can't find anything that says anyone is actively forbidden from getting on a plane. If I go, when I get back I have to sit inside for 2 weeks, important businessmen don't have to anymore because.............................. they're obviously less likely to get it for some reason.

None of it makes any sense.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They will obviously be more careful and sensible than ordinary people because they are important business types.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Anybody travelling abroad for business purposes will be protected from coronavirus by the invisible hand of the market.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
in his suit and tie

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

From the way my firm has basically cancelled all travel since March I assume the only people still flying are ~Investoures~

And you know we can't make them quarantine or they might sell their 3 week a year Mayfair flat and go live in Singapore :ohdear:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
There is nothing technically forbidding you from going on vacation if your destination is accepting visitors and not on full lockdown. For reference, Turkish economy tanked so hard due to massive corruption that the government made tourists exempt from full on police enforced full curfew.

I traveled domestically during all pandemic for work even like April or Mid July and not once asked anything. Though I had a "this mofo is traveling on behalf of our company" letter signed by my main contract just in case.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

But that's literally only for quarantining. I can't find anything that says anyone is actively forbidden from getting on a plane. If I go, when I get back I have to sit inside for 2 weeks, important businessmen don't have to anymore because.............................. they're obviously less likely to get it for some reason.

None of it makes any sense.

It makes perfect sense. They have to deliver an order worth 100grand. They are legally allowed to get and spread corona as long as they deliver the 100grand.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The handle on my grip trainer squeezy thing has a crack running down it. Not through the "Everlast" logo though, it has no sense of poetry.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i guess you know the training is working and you are good at gripping

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I might have to buy a more powerful one.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

don't train too hard

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I would only want an arm like that if I never planned to miss a vein.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

don't train too hard

Or it might fall off

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat
Any Glaswegians around? I ask because my son is in Glasgow, I recently sent him some stuff and it got stuck somewhere down south and now it is being sent back to me. So sending Christmas presents is going to be problematic. Any cool shops in Glasgow that might deliver locally would be greatly appreciated.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Theres a nice garden centre I've been to.

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Theres a nice garden centre I've been to.

Does it have a name?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

yeah I think it is a caulders. I dont think itll be very useful to you. What does your son like?

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

twit666 posted:

Any Glaswegians around? I ask because my son is in Glasgow, I recently sent him some stuff and it got stuck somewhere down south and now it is being sent back to me. So sending Christmas presents is going to be problematic. Any cool shops in Glasgow that might deliver locally would be greatly appreciated.

Royal Mail and Hermes and DPD and UPS are all still delivering just fine in Scotland.

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

Steakandchips posted:

Royal Mail and Hermes and DPD and UPS are all still delivering just fine in Scotland.

I had a credit with Fedex because they broke some stuff. I'll try UPS. Thanks.

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

NotJustANumber99 posted:

yeah I think it is a caulders. I dont think itll be very useful to you. What does your son like?

Video games, pot, bad and good horror/scifi movies, ale, BBQ, war history and making fun of Trump. Pretty much the same as me. I taught him well.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

twit666 posted:

I had a credit with Fedex because they broke some stuff. I'll try UPS. Thanks.

Just use Royal Mail or Hermes, why do you want to use UPS instead? They're very expensive.

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

Steakandchips posted:

Just use Royal Mail or Hermes, why do you want to use UPS instead? They're very expensive.

I'm in the States. US Postal Service is just as expensive as UPS and less reliable.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

twit666 posted:

Urban Outfitters is a pretty cool trendy hip shop (what the gently caress did I just write, I’m almost 40 for fucks sake). There’s also a games (ccg, board games) shop called Static Games.

That’ll give you two book ends, he’s either nerdy like his goony parent, or rebelled and went trendy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

Oodles posted:

Urban Outfitters is a pretty cool trendy hip shop (what the gently caress did I just write, I’m almost 40 for fucks sake). There’s also a games (ccg, board games) shop called Static Games.

That’ll give you two book ends, he’s either nerdy like his goony parent, or rebelled and went trendy.

This place has potential! https://tamshepherds.com/ They have gift cards!!!!