Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

One of the very last things I did in California was skip out on jury duty, even though my office was a block away from the "justice center".

Only time I've ever done jury duty was here in Portland and I came this close to being selected for a long wrongful death case where a distracted truck driver ran someone over.

I was the only juror to be excluded because I was a cyclist and therefore had obvious bias against truck drivers, which is kinda true. Guess I didn't lie well enough during vior dire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
work today was a shitshow, gonna get blazed tonight. definitely on the right page to announce this too.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's time to say weed, on the weed page

weed

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

haveblue posted:

weed

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
more appropriate than ever to greenpos on this page

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it's always fun to see how far yosvape media propagated

here's me testing the vaporizer stack (like a literal chain of glass fittings) on my old bench.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

haveblue posted:

weed

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

weed page

Got some naphtha for my new zippo so now when I smoke a J I can be even cooler than I already am

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

cannabis

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Fortaleza posted:

weed page

Got some naphtha for my new zippo so now when I smoke a J I can be even cooler than I already am

how, by lending your zippo to a cig smoker so you can use a proper, clean-burning Bic to light your joint?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

drat i wish i could do a weed, but alas my job.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_pSXV8S-Gw

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

cannabias

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfv7wcmdUp8

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I’m not cool enough to smoke an weed anymore. Although I’m told that it’s no longer cool because too many people smoke it.

I still miss being cool enough to smoke an weed, though.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Schadenboner posted:

I’m not cool enough to smoke an weed anymore. Although I’m told that it’s no longer cool because too many people smoke it.

I still miss being cool enough to smoke an weed, though.

same

Last couple times I did it I ended up with some pretty awesome panic attacks so that was neat

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

shoeberto posted:

same

Last couple times I did it I ended up with some pretty awesome panic attacks so that was neat

Given the neurotic, anxious wreck I’ve become since the last time I smoked much (or at all) I can only imagine a similar outcome. I hadn’t considered that possibility so now I’m missing being cool enough to smoke an weed somewhat less!

:tipshat:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
the best way to not be cool is to worry about being cool so who gives a gently caress, smoke dat weed

or eat it if you prefer

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JDbMkwoolo

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

how, by lending your zippo to a cig smoker so you can use a proper, clean-burning Bic to light your joint?

No by lighting up the J and the cool flip motion to close it, then doing a "did you see that :smug:" face at my dog who's just trying to nap

duh

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:emptyquote:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i'm the included paid promotion

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Legal Recreational Marihuana

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
robots are wise and have much to teach us

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

smoke your cbd, because you can

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i'm the included paid promotion

Just on the off-chance this will be of use to someone:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sponsorblock-for-youtube/mnjggcdmjocbbbhaepdhchncahnbgone?hl=en

(theres also a Firefox version I believe)

Works pretty much seamlessly - unless you hit a video super early after publishing before someone has flagged the sponsor timestamps - , alongside a good adblock your YouTube should be a pleasant experience (unless the algo recommends you poo poo ofc)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
oh yeah ublock got it, but they still tag the video lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
we actually subscribe to youtube because we almost exclusively watch like small timers and artisans and craft or educational people so i don’t mind making sure they get a couple of cents at least. the music is an ok value add but all the software is rear end

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

this is my weed page post

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FMguru posted:

robots are wise and have much to teach us

Counterpoint: suffer not the silica animus to live.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Just on the off-chance this will be of use to someone:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sponsorblock-for-youtube/mnjggcdmjocbbbhaepdhchncahnbgone?hl=en

(theres also a Firefox version I believe)

Works pretty much seamlessly - unless you hit a video super early after publishing before someone has flagged the sponsor timestamps - , alongside a good adblock your YouTube should be a pleasant experience (unless the algo recommends you poo poo ofc)

As long as this doesn't interfere with my Nobbleberry episodes.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

spankmeister posted:

As long as this doesn't interfere with my Nobbleberry episodes.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

that yt addon is great when other nerds do all the work

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Fortaleza posted:

I was the only juror to be excluded because I was a cyclist and therefore had obvious bias against truck drivers, which is kinda true. Guess I didn't lie well enough during vior dire.

idk i feel like most car drivers are more distracted than the average truck driver, who is a professional driver with a commercial license. bus drivers too, those folks know exactly what they're doing. it's scary to be passed by such a bigass vehicle, but i'm far more afraid of suv mom with 3 kids screaming in the back

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

DELETE CASCADE posted:

idk i feel like most car drivers are more distracted than the average truck driver, who is a professional driver with a commercial license. bus drivers too, those folks know exactly what they're doing. it's scary to be passed by such a bigass vehicle, but i'm far more afraid of suv mom with 3 kids screaming in the back

From what I gathered in voir dire, the truck driver was eating a hamburger while driving and t-boned a car, I think a kid died :/

Trial was to figure out who was liable for paying out to the family. Which is the trucking company of course for mandating unreasonable working conditions but I never got to gently caress up the deliberations with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol they cancelled all jury duty for next week until indefinitely thanks to the anticipated statewide stay at home order

whoohoo

in other news the noclip youtube series owns for 90s game dev stories

that's the command & conquer music composer