Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

site posted:

Ventress getting killed off in some book was a crime

If it helps, the book in question was two Clone Wars story arcs adapted to prose after that series' cancellation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay filoni planning to kill off ventress was a crime

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

site posted:

okay filoni planning to kill off ventress was a crime

Just once I want someone to get a real idea of the scale of the war and just go 'gently caress this' and leave.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

VanSandman posted:

Just once I want someone to get a real idea of the scale of the war and just go 'gently caress this' and leave.

That was definitely a far better end for her character and would've left her open to coming back later, so I'm surprised they went through with definitively giving an end to her character

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It was like halfway through watching season 7 that I said to myself "oh right, Ventress is dead by now".

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Ventress deserved an on-screen death if anyone got one

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Maybe they’ll work her into the Bad Batch series somehow

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Did Boba Fett get religious when he was in the belly of the Sarlaac? From what little we knew of before, he never really struck me as this deeply honor-bound guy.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

General Dog posted:

Did Boba Fett get religious when he was in the belly of the Sarlaac? From what little we knew of before, he never really struck me as this deeply honor-bound guy.

I feel like the last time we really heard anything from Boba was in ESB when he complains to Vader about changing the terms of the deal. It’s part of the Bounty Hunter Guild code, as well as the Mandalorians’. I don’t know what gives people the impression that (adult) Boba doesn’t have any values.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Legends tended to portray him as pretty inflexibly committed to the bounty hunter's guild code as well--he just would take the opportunity to blow people up if it wasn't otherwise specified.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Unless he's in a book series I don't know about there isn't much in the way of characterization for boba between his (second) arrest as a child in clone wars and him showing up in the post ANH comics

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
EU Boba would always follow the terms of his deal TO THE LETTER, which sometimes meant phrasing the deal cleverly.

Din telling the dude he strung from the lamppost that "you will not die by my hand" was a VERY Boba Fett thing to do, from an EU Boba perspective

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Also The Magistrate asking Din if he’d take the job, and Din responding “where do I find this Jedi you want killed?” Implies acceptance, but actually isn’t.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Or, “sure, take the jet pack. It’ll be alright 😇”

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

TheCenturion posted:

Also The Magistrate asking Din if he’d take the job, and Din responding “where do I find this Jedi you want killed?” Implies acceptance, but actually isn’t.

Yup, the Magistrate stupidly told him where to look before negotiating Din's reward for returning her. They never had a contract

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

This why you get expressed, written contracts instead of implied, verbal contracts.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

tribbledirigible posted:

This why you get expressed, written contracts instead of implied, verbal contracts.

:hmmyes:

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Is that a red sinestro for some reason?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

tribbledirigible posted:

Guild learned something from MLB.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

See also Arkham Asylum: Living Hell.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

pile of brown posted:

Is that a red sinestro for some reason?

That's the leader when he out maneuvered mephisto on a contract

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheSWU/status/1336839301422833665

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Time to claim Space Poland

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

They're buying Star Trek.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Willow now officially a part of the canon

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Greedo is getting his own movie titled, “One Shot” all about his rise to becoming the galaxy's best bounty hunter.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

Greedo is getting his own movie titled, “One Shot” all about his rise to becoming the galaxy's best bounty hunter.

Also it’s a musical

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

The story of Dexter Jettster leaving behind a life of hunting criminals to open an Earth 1950's themed diner on Coruscant where he could serve the best nerfburgers this side of the galaxy.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

"Real Housewives of Naboo," a reality TV parody with an all-Gungun cast.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

In all honesty, I think I know what a large part of the announcement will be. But it's from a, "My uncle who works at Nintendo told me..." kind of source (good friend of mine who works at Disney corporate heard from "a guy"), but it also backs a rumor that's been around from a while, so I tend to believe it. Old Republic

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
The High Republic probably

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

RC Cola posted:

The High Republic probably

Hasn't that already been announced?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah all the high republic stuff and creative teams have been announced. Unless they re adding even more to it I doubt it’s that. I’m guessing it’s going to be more information on the next trilogy which I think Rian is still doing?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I really doubt disney would want to sow brand confusion with High Republic and Old Republic stuff at the same time, but the announcement of a High Republic disney+ show (live action or animated) wouldn't surprise me at all.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

thrawn527 posted:

The story of Dexter Jettster leaving behind a life of hunting criminals to open an Earth 1950's themed diner on Coruscant where he could serve the best nerfburgers this side of the galaxy.

Sleezebagano & the Jizzwailers

In all seriousness tho give me my goddamn Ahsoka show already

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

twistedmentat posted:

They're buying Star Trek.

Star Wars: Voyager

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

jivjov posted:

I really doubt disney would want to sow brand confusion with High Republic and Old Republic stuff at the same time, but the announcement of a High Republic disney+ show (live action or animated) wouldn't surprise me at all.

I mean I didn't realize they were different till just now so....

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Finally going to announce the Parks & Rec style mockumentary about working in the galactic senate.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Epi Lepi posted:

I mean I didn't realize they were different till just now so....

Old Republic is the 4000 years before ANH stuff--not much has been done with that era in canon yet. The High Republic era is ~400 years before TPM, the "golden age" of the Jedi, before the corruption and ineffectual stuff from the PT is happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
3000 years for the Jedi to get gud, 300 to collapse