Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

hes "slow" in bill & ted, thats it

anyway, another thing

someone itt reminded me of buster scruggs and now im sad for mr billy knapp again so thanks a lot rear end in a top hat

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Dec 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

keanu reeves is a totally good guy who got a reputation of being dumb because he's just goodhearted and happy and doesn't sniff his own farts like most hollywood actors.

he donates the majority of his money to charity, and when he did the matrix sequels he insisted that most of his backend points (percentage of the profits) go to the special effects animators instead. reportedly they got 75 million dollars. he also bought every stuntman on all the films a motorcycle.

he's just a good dude

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I love him

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

indigi posted:

what movies has he even played dumb in besides Bill & Ted? all his big movies - Speed, The Matrix, John Wick, Point Break, the Devil’s Advocate, hell even The Replacements, he’s portrayed as a very competent dude

Much Ado About Nothing and its great

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sagebrush posted:

keanu reeves is a totally good guy who got a reputation of being dumb because he's just goodhearted and happy and doesn't sniff his own farts like most hollywood actors.

he donates the majority of his money to charity, and when he did the matrix sequels he insisted that most of his backend points (percentage of the profits) go to the special effects animators instead. reportedly they got 75 million dollars. he also bought every stuntman on all the films a motorcycle.

he's just a good dude

yeah from what i know of people whove worked around in the industry is he's really nice to all the backstage staff and interns and gives a lot of his money to them. app

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/icelevel/status/1212636886084149248?s=21

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I don't care about nerd 40k I just want to post cool anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7hgjuFfn3A

astartes is cool and i wish actual 40k stuff was as well made lmao1

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

indigi posted:

I love him

pretty sure that seeing the matrix films as a young childe had at least a bit of an effect on my extreme gayness

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Improbable Lobster posted:

astartes is cool and i wish actual 40k stuff was as well made lmao1

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

the martyr game seems neat aesthetically but it was also not particularly interesting to play

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Kenny Logins posted:

the martyr game seems neat aesthetically but it was also not particularly interesting to play

that goes for most 40k games unfortunately

mechanicus is a good xcom-lite
dawn of war 1 and 2 are good
space hulk deathwing is rad
can't really think of any other ones that are worthwhile lol

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

thread necromancy (lol):

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

tamsyn muir really packed a lot of teen slang into a 10,000 year old society huh

also lol

dialogue also includes multiple uses of "that's what she said" and there were some other ones i forget that were jarring as well, don't think i'll be going back for harrow the ninth

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol i should not have googled "references" for these books

apparently this legit from the sequel

haveblue posted:

yes, it’s legit. also at the emotional climax of the whole thing somebody drops a “hi _________, I’m dad”

I liked them anyway but yeah tone it down

God and his cohort are ten thousand year old Millennials/Zoomers.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Battlefleet gothic 2 was alright

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

that space marine 3rd person shooter was fun

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

The Fool posted:

that space marine 3rd person shooter was fun

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Battlefleet gothic 2 was alright

yeah those are also good

i hope the 40k vermintide fat shark is doing will be good

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

pseudorandom name posted:

God and his cohort are ten thousand year old Millennials/Zoomers.
this is a zoomer

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/turbo_virgin_01/status/1335420629076615168?s=21

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

indigi posted:

what movies has he even played dumb in besides Bill & Ted? all his big movies - Speed, The Matrix, John Wick, Point Break, the Devil’s Advocate, hell even The Replacements, he’s portrayed as a very competent dude

Parenthood, kinda

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

keanu doesn’t come across as particularly bright in bram stoker’s dracula

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

he’s also a pretty huge dillhole in johnny mnemonic iirc

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Kenny Logins posted:

keanu doesn’t come across as particularly bright in bram stoker’s dracula

honestly i was so glad when he died. More than any other film i think that one was the one that cemented his reputation as a lovely actor.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

honestly i was so glad when he died. More than any other film i think that one was the one that cemented his reputation as a lovely actor.
:hmmyes:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

he’s also a pretty huge dillhole in johnny mnemonic iirc

well yeah but he’s literally missing part of his brain

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I always think "well keanu was really good in Drugstore Cowboy" then i remember that was Matt Dillon

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
then i think "he was good in private idaho" and then i remember that it was River Phoenix but then also that Keanu was in that move but i can't remember if he was good in it or not

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
then I'll usually start thinking about how Twin Peaks was a good show and how maybe I'd like a slice of pie or maybe just a sandwich

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I liked keanu in dracula. he was a stupid noble after all

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

rotor posted:

then I'll usually start thinking about how Twin Peaks was a good show and how maybe I'd like a slice of pie or maybe just a sandwich

maybe just a drat fine cup of coffee

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

mediaphage posted:

maybe just a drat fine cup of coffee

FACT: rotor irl is like the Dave Foley character in Kids in the Hall in that i have a cup of coffee in my hands at all times, day or night.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i don't think many of keanu's parts were dumb characters, just his acting style comes off like he's kind of a dumb guy. a lot of times he's got this kind of vacant look like there's nothing happening in his head. i think he grew out of that, but that's why people think he's a dummy

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
The main reason Keanu looked dumb as hell in Dracula was his terrible accent, but it was a movie with a couple of those, so it kinda sucks he got singled out. It's a great movie but most of those roles were miscast.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

rotor posted:

FACT: rotor irl is like the Dave Foley character in Kids in the Hall in that i have a cup of coffee in my hands at all times, day or night.

same except roosevelt is like julian with a rum and cola

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

rotor posted:

so close to a quad post

his doing an "english accent" in dracula was a sight to behold

trent reznor showing up in twin peaks season 3 or something was disappointing in a way that is hard to describe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QczxCxFRUf0

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
bram stoker's dracula is pretty much a castlevania movie

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

rotor posted:

i literally just finished a big mug as i sit here with a bird waiting for bird bedtime

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

SmokaDustbowl posted:

bram stoker's dracula is pretty much a castlevania movie

since you're the resident anime expert (and yes kumay is growing on me) how did you like the series?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

since you're the resident anime expert (and yes kumay is growing on me) how did you like the series?

I'd really like it if I was like 15 years younger. it's pretty solid

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's really try hard, but they tried hard and pulled it off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004