Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Maybe fall damage is somehow unbelievably common in combat? Any directed gravity weapons been shown off?

Defenestrator Gang confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Qmass posted:

I heard you guys like NPCs

https://streamable.com/djrey4

I wonder how they do this. I couldn't see any doubles there so I wonder if they've got an algorithm which randomizes a person every time they appear on screen (which could lead so some funny poo poo) or if there's just a lot so we will start seeing repeats once we've gotten familiar enough with the game.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It really does seem like it will be. The worst instincts and choices they made with the Witcher 1&2 but with a AAA budget. Remember this is the company that had a game character get a centre-fold in Poland's PlayBoy.

Just pointing out that the linked article is pure clickbait designed to generate hits from thirsty teenagers. I highly doubt that it is representative of the whole game.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
We're at the point where everyone is overreacting to every contrarian shitbird fishing for clicks.

Actually that's just been the status quo for the last however many years lol

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It really does seem like it will be. The worst instincts and choices they made with the Witcher 1&2 but with a AAA budget. Remember this is the company that had a game character get a centre-fold in Poland's PlayBoy.

Transphobia, the male gaze and video game titties.. this game is just chock full of problematic stuff. Sometimes it's not worth putting a game over marginalized folks. It really has been making me rethink my pre order.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Qmass posted:

This looks great!

I wonder if the low npc density we have seen in the official clips is because the player was driving on main roads? The clips I've seen of more pedestrian friendly areas all have better npc density.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Section Z posted:

I've mostly been keeping my head in the sand until close to launch. So while I know there are three "Types" of gun tech levels, my dumb gameplay question is, On a scale of-

"Every weapon has a unique ammo and box for it to take up inventory space, also you can only buy poo poo surplus ammo and have to craft if you want ammo strong enough to deal with cyber skin damage resistances" :science:

Vs.

"Red guns take red ammo, blue guns take blue ammo" :downs:

Do the various leaks tell us what degree of ammo granularity are we looking at? I feel like a blind fool who must be missing some should have been obvious detail.

We know there are 'resistances' in the game, to shock, fire, poison, etc. So I'm not sure, but it makes me think there could be incendiary bullets for example. Possibly armor piercing rounds too, as armor is a thing. Now, I have no idea if every weapon is going to need their own ammo, or it will be just 'rifle ammo', 'pistol ammo', etc. I suspect it's the latter.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

OK I think I've finally settled. Street Kid + Shotguns for my first play through. Loud and hard. Then I'll do probably Corpo + Pistols or those Smart Weapons for #2.

Doubt I'll be up for a third playthrough, but if I am... then obviously Nomad :v:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

coolusername posted:

I'm kind of in agreement, I was interested and then the more I find out about the sex stuff the more it seems... I don't know, looking at reviews like https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...e/1100-6484602/ where it talks about how there's tits everywhere, etc. If it's all just going to be male gazey edgy bullshit like that appealing to the thirsty Cheeto-dusted neckbeard gamer demographic I'm not going to be able to enjoy it. Which really sucks. I'm hoping it's not actually as bad as it seems?

He just had sex with a prostitute, and yes, there are 'red light' districts with sex workers and you can see tits. Same as The Wicher 3. The game with 800 awards (not, I didn't make up that number, I just looked in the Steam page). Do you consider The Witcher 3 a Cheeto-dusted neckbeard gamer oriented game?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

sean10mm posted:

We're at the point where everyone is overreacting to every contrarian shitbird fishing for clicks.
Certainly seems to be working looking at the last two pages in this thread.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Hoping ACG drops his review tomorrow as I tend to enjoy games that he likes

I plan to go Nomad hacker with a focus on Intelligence, reflex and technical ability.
I wanna hack and build poo poo

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do wonder what the definition of a 'tech weapon' is. That's what the engineer skill tree seems to principally benefit, and they seem distinct from rifles, pistols, and so on. Maybe they're your built-in weapons?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

weg posted:

This looks great!

I wonder if the low npc density we have seen in the official clips is because the player was driving on main roads? The clips I've seen of more pedestrian friendly areas all have better npc density.

It's also mostly been night driving and during plot missions that might cut the NPC counts for playability.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Vorik posted:

Transphobia, the male gaze and video game titties.. this game is just chock full of problematic stuff. Sometimes it's not worth putting a game over marginalized folks. It really has been making me rethink my pre order.

We have no real idea what the game is "chock full of" because none of us have played it.

This doesn't make them immune to criticism for what the finished product ends up being, but uh the entire thrust of the game is to depict a totally hosed up state of futuristic urban decay. Expecting that to be a sanitized place free of ~problematic elements~ is baffling.

WHY IS EVERYBODY IN THE RED LIGHT DISTRICT OF TURD CITY STARING AT THE SEX WORKERS' JUNK?!?!? isn't really a criticism that makes a ton of sense.

Darth Walrus posted:

I do wonder what the definition of a 'tech weapon' is. That's what the engineer skill tree seems to principally benefit, and they seem distinct from rifles, pistols, and so on. Maybe they're your built-in weapons?

It's basically versions of weapons with various interesting gimmicks like machine guns with homing bullets and rifles with IRL wall hacks.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Honestly that in itself is pretty cyberpunk

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Qmass posted:

drat this looks good.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I plan to go Nomad hacker with a focus on Intelligence, reflex and technical ability.

Him and SkillUp are basically the only two people I trust. Everyone else is a liar and a cheat.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Turin Turambar posted:

He just had sex with a prostitute, and yes, there are 'red light' districts with sex workers and you can see tits. Same as The Wicher 3. The game with 800 awards (not, I didn't make up that number, I just looked in the Steam page). Do you consider The Witcher 3 a Cheeto-dusted neckbeard gamer oriented game?

No, what I want IS it to be like, a modern Witcher iii
(But this time I can make a cool lady), maybe have a little nice romance, and do a lot of fun storylines. It's just all the advertising and things I keep hearing is like "it's an even sexier GTA! Choose your dick size and then go wander a land full of sexy tits and rear end! Playboy magazines baby!" Like it's a triple aaa come play my lord makes me concerned that this is absolutely focused on the big money making market I am absolutely not included in, you know? So if there are less... That.. sorts of trailers and talks I want to know.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013

Tiny Chalupa posted:

ACG didn't get a review code, so don't hold your breath.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

sean10mm posted:

We have no real idea what the game is "chock full of" because none of us have played it.

This doesn't make them immune to criticism for what the finished product ends up being, but uh the entire thrust of the game is to depict a totally hosed up state of futuristic urban decay. Expecting that to be a sanitized place free of ~problematic elements~ is baffling.

WHY IS EVERYBODY IN THE RED LIGHT DISTRICT OF TURD CITY STARING AT THE SEX WORKERS' JUNK?!?!? isn't really a criticism that makes a ton of sense.

It's basically versions of weapons with various interesting gimmicks like machine guns with homing bullets and rifles with IRL wall hacks.

I am not sure that dismissing the voices of those who are concerned by the chud pandering in this game is a good look.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Man Quiet is pretty cringe worthy and I wish she wasn't designed like that

Ah ha but you see there's actually an elaborate reason why she is half naked always and when you find out you will be ashamed!!!

It's this convo repeated endlessly

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

coolusername posted:

No, what I want IS it to be like, a modern Witcher iii
(But this time I can make a cool lady), maybe have a little nice romance, and do a lot of fun storylines. It's just all the advertising and things I keep hearing is like "it's an even sexier GTA! Choose your dick size and then go wander a land full of sexy tits and rear end! Playboy magazines baby!" Like it's a triple aaa come play my lord makes me concerned that this is absolutely focused on the big money making market I am absolutely not included in, you know? So if there are less... That.. sorts of trailers and talks I want to know.

That's the power of PENIS 2 for you.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
OP is really well designed and cool but can you wrap some of those images in [timg] tags please? They are so huge they dont fit on my gigantic monitor.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Turin Turambar posted:

We know there are 'resistances' in the game, to shock, fire, poison, etc. So I'm not sure, but it makes me think there could be incendiary bullets for example. Possibly armor piercing rounds too, as armor is a thing. Now, I have no idea if every weapon is going to need their own ammo, or it will be just 'rifle ammo', 'pistol ammo', etc. I suspect it's the latter.
Yeah part of why I'm curious is because even "A shotgun" is split into old fashioned buckshot type, magnetic X-Com Tech shotguns, and lock on homing smart ammo :airquote: (Airquotes in the best possible way) "Shotgun"

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Digital titties continue to break gamers’ minds.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

It’s almost like people perceive things to varying degrees and the more sex obsessed will notice it more in game

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
you can turn off the nudity, no? there, problem solved

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Agreed. People implying that there shouldn't be anything like strip clubs in a cyberpunk dystopian future city because they cater to "chuds", is just :lol:

Tech weapons in this game are actually the weapons that use electromagnetic force to fire projectiles through walls and stuff. The homing ones are called smart weapons. Power weapons can shoot bullets that ricochet off walls.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Man there's a lot of people goin nuts over the less than optimal gunplay, crowd density on base Xbone, and driving.

Good thing the only CRPGs I've played recently were Alpha Protocol and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, as long as the gameplay is at a similar level I'm happy. Roleplaying potential > all other considerations, bring on the jankkk

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao at people playing a stat based video game and complaining that their level 1 character with no skills or items is bad at stuff. i swear some of the whining is coming from folks who have never played video games.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Akarshi posted:

Man there's a lot of people goin nuts over the less than optimal gunplay, crowd density on base Xbone, and driving.

Good thing the only CRPGs I've played recently were Alpha Protocol and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, as long as the gameplay is at a similar level I'm happy. Roleplaying potential > all other considerations, bring on the jankkk

People were always going to bellyache about the gunplay due to the games damage value, RPG nature. Like, sure, COD gunplay in a game like this is the dream, but when everything is so stats-based, you’re going to get some tanking enemies. That’s just the nature of the beast.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

The Gadfly posted:

Agreed. People implying that there shouldn't be anything like strip clubs in a cyberpunk dystopian future city because they cater to "chuds", is just :lol:

Tech weapons in this game are actually the weapons that use electromagnetic force to fire projectiles through walls and stuff. The homing ones are called smart weapons. Power weapons can shoot bullets that ricochet off walls.

I'm sorry video game titties are more important to you than marginalized folks feeling unsafe at the widespread male gaze, transphobia and sexism proudly on display in this video game, gamer.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Vorik posted:

I'm sorry video game titties are more important to you than marginalized folks feeling unsafe at the widespread male gaze, transphobia and sexism proudly on display in this video game, gamer.

your concern trolling escalated quite quickly

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Vorik posted:

This sort of implies that transpeople don't also want to look at hot titties

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

So there was an edition of the tabletop game that had a budget of 20 bucks? They couldnt an artist so had to make do with photos of action figures.

Would I be right in thinking that it will never be reprinted and nobody wants to talk about it?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Inspector Gesicht posted:

So there was an edition of the tabletop game that had a budget of 20 bucks? They couldnt an artist so had to make do with photos of action figures.

Would I be right in thinking that it will never be reprinted and nobody wants to talk about it?

Maybe Cyberpunk2013? I dunno, I’ve never actually seen it, but I know it exists.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

This sort of implies that transpeople don't also want to look at hot titties

.... Please be joking

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Vorik posted:

chud pandering

This is some serious hyperbole, but if you actually believe it then why haven't you canceled your preorder yet instead of just "reconsidering" it?

The alternative is that your "principles" are just a pretext to drive-by shitpost as a way of showing off how you're better than everyone else.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Yes, yes, and yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

More importantly than size, can I make my dick chrome and shiny?