Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

hemale in pain posted:

tiny baby yoda handcuffs :3:

really wish you hadn't posted this directly after this post

mng posted:

George, what are your thoughts on pedophilia?
"It's an interesting idea!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This is absolutely not true by the way.

Australia/NZ and Ireland are honorary Asian

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Dec 6, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cinemas in Ireland opened up this week ;)

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
pssh, Theaters in the US have been open for months!

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
They never even closed here! Or did they? I don't know because I don't ever go to the cinema

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Because why would I subject myself to that?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
(going to the cinema sucks. It's like watching a movie at home with your loved one or your friends except it's less comfortable and you're surrounded by a bunch of weird strangers)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Going to a good cinema rules, and I’m not talking about bougie places like the Alamo. I wanna drink in the early afternoon by myself in a poorly lit room and eat a bunch of trash whilst focusing on watching a movie I might actually not hate, damnit.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Collapsing Farts posted:

(going to the cinema sucks. It's like watching a movie at home with your loved one or your friends except it's less comfortable and you're surrounded by a bunch of weird strangers)

Agreed OP

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best cinema experience I ever had was watching Nightcrawler, John Wick, and Interstellar all in the same night. Probably the greatest time you could possibly ever have at the movies.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah you’d get the best sleep of your life

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

priznat posted:

no, fuckers who lump the awesome lindsay and terrible jenny together are the worst!!

Stop arguing, they can both be the worst.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

But we all can agree that Josh fans are the best of the worst.

:colbert:

and people who strike out "the best of" are just trash all together

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
After being a stubborn anti-Lindsay anti-Jenny RLM Boys purist I gave the Lindsay video about wolf fanfiction a go because of hubbub in this thread and it was worth watching, so then I gave the dull Borat video a chance and now I'm back to thinking that RLM content is the only content :colbert:

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

There is a reason why RLM has it's own thread and Jenny/Lindsay have none.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PostNouveau posted:

It's a pretty incredible own goal. Asia is the only place in the world that has stomped out covid enough to reopen theaters, and (I assume) that's the kind of movie that the premise is simple enough that not a lot gets lost in translation, so it should do well overseas.

But well, we had to include some dumb poo poo that evokes a racist children's rhyme, so ...

Yeah, about that, Asia isn't Chinese.

Also ignore China crying about stuff. If you think the woke/alt-right/trump are cry babies you haven't seen poo poo. The connection to the school rhyme is weak, as if someone had to trawl for a connection. Don't take the bait.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oohhboy posted:

Yeah, about that, Asia isn't Chinese.

Also ignore China crying about stuff. If you think the woke/alt-right/trump are cry babies you haven't seen poo poo. The connection to the school rhyme is weak, as if someone had to trawl for a connection. Don't take the bait.

:whitewater:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

steinrokkan posted:

Stop arguing, they can both be the worst.

:hai:

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

when are these fucks gonna release content?!?!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

luchajones posted:

when are these fucks gonna release content?!?!

why don't you ask them?! or do they not let you inside except to film

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I guess you haven't seen "This is Killing" where some Chinese tourist got kicked out of a hotel as it wasn't their check-in time, and they weren't allowed to stay in the lobby overnight. They started screaming bloody murder when the cops told them move on. It gets better. They cried to the embassy who then demands an apology from the Swedish(?) government and threatened trade sanctions. They also made an absurd claim they were dropped off at a graveyard to die. In one last burst of self own they boarded the very next flight to go home completely throwing away their holiday in less than one day. The whole affair was so dumb and bad even the nationalist didn't stand up for them and everyone else disavowed them.

They forced Top Gun 2 to remove the Taiwan flag from the jacket that Maverick wore in the first movie. I could go on but you get the idea. It is always safe to assume the outrage is disingenuous BS and it is almost always played up as racism. It's small stuff but it adds up. They are the only country that does this. It's bait, it's nationalist propaganda, don't bite.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Moola posted:

really wish you hadn't posted this directly after this post

A bit awkward. To clarify I don't wanna gently caress baby yoda.

Yaddle though :mrgw:

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

What is the age of consent for the yoda people? Isnt Baby Yoda 50 years old?

Maybe baby yoda has Webster's disease.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hemale in pain posted:

To clarify I don't wanna gently caress baby yoda.

2021 thread title please

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Lucas: fifty is right on the edge
Spielberg: Baby Yoda came into him

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I mean, Mando is encouraging Grogu to use the Force on his knob...

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Lucas: Yoda looks exactly like an 11 year old girl and Luke is sexually attracted to it
Spielberg: What if he's little but he's an alien
Lucas: Once it's a puppet it isn't interesting anymore

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

“Yoda’s the key to all this, if we get Yoda working. 'Cause he's a sexier character than we've ever had in the movies.”

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Wow you weren't kidding, the Lindsey Borat video is in fact extremely boring and pointless. But since our hacks still haven't delivered anything I guess that's better than nothing.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah you’d get the best sleep of your life

hey-ooo

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

mobby_6kl posted:

Wow you weren't kidding, the Lindsey Borat video is in fact extremely boring and pointless. But since our hacks still haven't delivered anything I guess that's better than nothing.

If you expected any other take from Lindsay you haven't been paying attention to her. Of course she is going to prefer the more politically relevant one.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

oohhboy posted:

I guess you haven't seen "This is Killing" where some Chinese tourist got kicked out of a hotel as it wasn't their check-in time, and they weren't allowed to stay in the lobby overnight. They started screaming bloody murder when the cops told them move on. It gets better. They cried to the embassy who then demands an apology from the Swedish(?) government and threatened trade sanctions. They also made an absurd claim they were dropped off at a graveyard to die. In one last burst of self own they boarded the very next flight to go home completely throwing away their holiday in less than one day. The whole affair was so dumb and bad even the nationalist didn't stand up for them and everyone else disavowed them.

They forced Top Gun 2 to remove the Taiwan flag from the jacket that Maverick wore in the first movie. I could go on but you get the idea. It is always safe to assume the outrage is disingenuous BS and it is almost always played up as racism. It's small stuff but it adds up. They are the only country that does this. It's bait, it's nationalist propaganda, don't bite.

:whitewater:

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

don't mind oohhboy, he's a chinese dude who hates the what the CCP is doing to china.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Lindsay owns

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stink Billyums posted:

don't mind oohhboy, he's a chinese dude who hates the what the CCP is doing to china.

Can't blame them in that case

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

When are we gonna get a Re:View of Krippendorf's Tribe?!?!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I thought borat 2 was just ok, but I liked the lindsay vid
as usual she has interesting points and makes them well,
namely that borat's strength as a character is more the nathan fielder-style getting people to let their guard down (which is what the character is remembered for but not really the bulk of what actually happens in the first movie, which was mostly character bits and tom green-style loving with people)
and also that americans have gotten a lot less shy about their bigotry, and how bigotry is so insidious because it makes even people who are inclined toward basic human decency forget the humanity of the other and diffuse their complicity with atrocity

BUT,
my favorite joke in borat 1 was when he sees that the room has a chair and he goes "ooh lala!" and does his impression of a smug chair-haver
so I'm not sure I agree with her, but I appreciate her thoughts as part of discourse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faXDCp0BDU4

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So Chadwick Boseman died and five seconds later all the fans were like "Leitia Wright (Shuri) should be the new black panther".

Well, good news.

Letitia Wright just got turbo-cancelled for sharing transphobic anti-vax "china flu" racist conspiracy theory videos on her twitter then doubling down on all of it.

Good job, Disney star. You pissed off China and liberals.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Jackie Chan should be the new Black Panther.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Oh no now we’ll never get another Black Panther movie

What will the world do without another Disney Avengers Comic Book movie that’s completely worthless and disposable