Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its a shame luffy can't get 2 fruits like blackbeard because he really needs kanjuros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jose posted:

its a shame luffy can't get 2 fruits like blackbeard because he really needs kanjuros

Luffy with the Doodle Doodle fruit sounds like one of, if not the most horrifying and unsettling things in this manga’s 20+ year run.

Also hilarious so bring that poo poo on. :getin:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Wait, which is the doodle doodle fruit?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Wait, which is the doodle doodle fruit?

If I remember right one of the Baroque Works members had it (I believe it was a girl that used paint in some fashion).

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Larryb posted:

If I remember right one of the Baroque Works members had it (I believe it was a girl that used paint in some fashion).

AH! Right! Thanks

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i think they mean kanjuro's unnamed fruit that brings drawings to life, miss goldenweek didn't have a fruit

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

oddium posted:

i think they mean kanjuro's unnamed fruit that brings drawings to life, miss goldenweek didn't have a fruit

She didn’t? Where did her power come from then?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Larryb posted:

In an SBS oda said Goldenweek's paint powers were just hypnotism and not a devil fruit.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Larryb posted:

hypnosis

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah, nevermind then.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I had always assumed Kidd and Law were supposed to be big deals always due to the auction house fight but lol at Oda

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Larryb posted:

No Ms. Golden Week's thing was just hypnotism.

The Art Art Fruit was eaten by Giolla, one of Doflamingo's crew. Easy to forget, but it was a fun little gag.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Begemot posted:

No Ms. Golden Week's thing was just hypnotism.

The Art Art Fruit was eaten by Giolla, one of Doflamingo's crew. Easy to forget, but it was a fun little gag.

Ah yeah, I remember her now.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
man just as a standalone thing the mood in chapter 900 is so pitch perfect lol

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Kanjuro in particular not having his fruit revealed is odd considering he looks like he's pretty much dead.

It's also really odd because we have perfect chances to name drop certain fruits. Like Apoo's fruit was directly explained by Killer, but wasn't named. Kanjuro's fruit would have made perfect sense to name drop right after the reveal of him being the traitor. Nope. Marco's fruit hasn't been named in-universe yet either, but I don't know if Oda actually cares enough to name it in Wano or leave it to the Vivre Cards.

I'm not sure why this little detail bugs me as much as it does, but I always get a kick out of a previously unnamed Devil Fruit being revealed. It feels like we're unveiling part of the grand One Piece tapestry.

Speaking of reveals and weird timing, I think 956, the one right before the Ultimate chapter, where we go around the world and see the Shichibukai and the system gets dissolved would've been the perfect opportunity to reveal Mihawk's previous bounty. Now it's really hard for Oda to do that justice. But Oda's Oda so I'll see what he does.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol that the characters were just like "all right here's just some bounties to gas you up". Wouldn't be surprised if Mihawk never had a bounty and was just recruited as strongest swordsman. Imo the title of strongest swordsman is more cool than any bounty Oda gave him

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Mihawk also doesn’t seem to do much pirate stuff

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah that’s my feeling, just out here vibing.

Rereading the series ATM as I have the East Blue/Arabasta box set. Goddamn Baratie Sanji is so good compared to what he becomes

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It would be interesting if someone got a non-monetary bounty. You know how Sanji's "Alive Only" poster caused a stir; imagine if a poster was just like "Elevation to World Nobility" as a reward.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

I Am Fowl posted:

It would be interesting if someone got a non-monetary bounty. You know how Sanji's "Alive Only" poster caused a stir; imagine if a poster was just like "Elevation to World Nobility" as a reward.

That would be so dope.
Dragon's would work for something like that. Most Wanted Man after all.
Him and his Shandian tattooed face.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Tolth posted:

It's even more insane, he designed them all in "under three hours".
I feel like one day when One Piece is in its final chapters and we're all freaking out over how good Oda is, we're going to find out he's actually just a rich kid sitting by a pool in LA paying hundreds of people to ghost produce a manga for him and organizing the whole thing with JIRA tickets.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bisse posted:

I feel like one day when One Piece is in its final chapters and we're all freaking out over how good Oda is, we're going to find out he's actually just a rich kid sitting by a pool in LA paying hundreds of people to ghost produce a manga for him and organizing the whole thing with JIRA tickets.

oda: *chomping cigar & looking over drawings disdainfully* you call that a woman, her waistline is too big to fit in a baby's closed fist

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

lol that the characters were just like "all right here's just some bounties to gas you up". Wouldn't be surprised if Mihawk never had a bounty and was just recruited as strongest swordsman. Imo the title of strongest swordsman is more cool than any bounty Oda gave him

His bounty is probably low as hell for the point of the manga we’re at since they’re a combination of threat/power level, but I would honestly be surprised if we don’t get a reveal for him after Wano and Oda was just waiting for his post “fought his way through a whole rear end army with the help of his Zoro-trained humandrills” bounty instead of showing the old and new ones.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Last Celebration posted:

His bounty is probably low as hell for the point of the manga we’re at since they’re a combination of threat/power level, but I would honestly be surprised if we don’t get a reveal for him after Wano and Oda was just waiting for his post “fought his way through a whole rear end army with the help of his Zoro-trained humandrills” bounty instead of showing the old and new ones.

Oh ya that would be cool for sure! Hope that happens. If it does hope we get the biggest Humandril doing the Bepo/Usopp thing in the background

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Bisse posted:

This will be tens of millions of people if we make it to One Piece's ending, hell even just Luffy vs Shanks for me:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Bisse posted:

[OP-542] DEFECT: Chopper remains in brain point when in water
DESCRIPTION: Chopper should revert to a normal reindeer when exposed to sea water
ASSIGNED TO: Oda,Eiichiro
SEVERITY: 3

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Cat Machine posted:

[OP-542] DEFECT: Chopper remains in brain point when in water
DESCRIPTION: Chopper should revert to a normal reindeer when exposed to sea water
ASSIGNED TO: Oda,Eiichiro
SEVERITY: 3

Also how the hell did that island for Thriller Bark get to paradise, if it came from a sea adjacent to the new world

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Meme Emulator posted:

Also how the hell did that island for Thriller Bark get to paradise, if it came from a sea adjacent to the new world

moria probably had a different ship before he tu rned into the zombielord

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

euphemism posted:

moria probably had a different ship before he tu rned into the zombielord

No I mean, it was said that the island Thriller Bark was constructed from came from West Blue. West Blue is on the New World side of the planet. Which should be impossible unless it somehow got coated and went through Fishman Island at some point.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
It obviously came over Reverse Mountain, duh.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
He would have taken it through Reverse Mountain. All four oceans converge at the beginning of the Grand Line.

efb

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the island is a turtle that at the island fruit

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Maybe the island is undead too.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Ah, so it's a magic island.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Meme Emulator posted:

Didn't he get his rear end kicked by Kaido? Clearly the island got dropped on his crew by a drunk dragon, we saw the proof in the last chapter

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Calling the grand line paradise because of something zeff said is lame as hell

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

The first half of the Grand Line is called Paradise. The other half is the New World.

I think. Isn't that what Coby said in Water 7?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I assume he just meant comparatively it’s a paradise surely

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Paradise is a nickname for the first half of the grand line, and has definitely been used by several characters and not just Kolby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

I'm very glad Oda put Coby in the SWORD organization, that's a big boost for a character that needs more attention honestly.