Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Zaphod42 posted:

I think this is a really weird toxic thing that's happened lately in games. On the one hand you have people who act like because of "the hype" they're owed a better game. On the other hand you have people who feel like because of "the hype" its their duty to poo poo all over a game.

Can we just let people be excited to have a good videogame in their lives?

It is kinda the entire point of this sub, a place to talk about videogames. Honestly I think discussions about "gamers" and not games shouldn't belong in this sub, those arguments would be better in D&D or CSPAM or something.

Not that you're one of those people making fun of cyberpunk but its just... the signal to noise ratio of major game releases like this gets really, really poor. It becomes endless bickering about what some other nerd might think and that drowns out the actual discussion of like, hey man, this is neato videogame.

Ban hype. Not just the word. Ban the idea itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I use SumatraPDF

Sorry I should have said I meant a device. Even my wife’s iPad mini is too drat small for me. Hmm I wonder if you can put a PDF reader on the Series X, using Dev mode, like people are doing with Retroarch.

My dad did give me a iPad gen 2 when he finally upgraded. :lol: In absolutely remarkable condition, but totally cut off from updates past iOS 10 and when I used kindle to try and read the world of Cyberpunk...it was very very slow.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Since the Corpo stock ticker is a thing I wonder if there will be any actual stock market mechanics possible

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

LOL.

While I was venting a bit, I know better than try to argue with people and win Internet discussions, I didn't reply to any of them. I didn't know that video, but I always remember this xkcd image

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

itry posted:

Ban hype. Not just the word. Ban the idea itself.

The world would be a better place

Alas we cannot control the beast that is Gamers™

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Lastdancer posted:

Since the Corpo stock ticker is a thing I wonder if there will be any actual stock market mechanics possible

99% sure it won't. That's pure fluff that goes against CDPR modus operandi.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastdancer posted:

If unknown to everyone CDPR managed to slip in a stock manipulation mini game into this...then goddamn that’s pretty amazing.

Hell even if dialogue choices do it and nothing else (though things like that have excited before in some games I assume).

It’s super fitting with the setting and just sounds cool as hell.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Turin Turambar posted:

99% sure it won't. That's pure fluff that goes against CDPR modus operandi.

I suspect that the stock ticker will be reactive to in-game events. Like you can blow up an oil rig or something and future Exxon's stock takes a dip post-mission.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Lastdancer posted:

I would hope so, since GTA5 had it, but I suspect not since in CP's world the stock market is for ~the elite~ and once V is out they are all the way out. :shrug:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Blue Raider posted:

I suspect that the stock ticker will be reactive to in-game events. Like you can blow up an oil rig or something and future Exxon's stock takes a dip post-mission.

GTA5 did that and it was super neat

Although hilariously they were sure to remove it from GTAO because it was too easy to make money and they wanted you to buy shark cards

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

When the IGN or whatever guys were talking about their 16 hours with the game they said they didn't encounter any minigames or gambling of any kind.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

If unknown to everyone CDPR managed to slip in a stock manipulation mini game into this...then goddamn that’s pretty amazing.

Hell even if dialogue choices do it and nothing else (though things like that have excited before in some games I assume).

It’s super fitting with the setting and just sounds cool as hell.

"- V, we need to go!
- (corpo)One sec, talking with my broker on how many put/call options we can do. Nukes will set off in how much time?"

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
drat, as a real cyberpunk I could download all the shitposts in this thread right into my BRAIN.

THINK ABOUT IT!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Wicked Them Beats posted:

When the IGN or whatever guys were talking about their 16 hours with the game they said they didn't encounter any minigames or gambling of any kind.

The ~14 hours IGN had with Valhalla was really weird, like right in the middle. It could just be the devs gave specific somewhat limited content to reviewers.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Nektu posted:

drat, as a real cyberpunk I could download all the shitposts in this thread right into my BRAIN.

THINK ABOUT IT!

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Shammypants posted:

The ~14 hours IGN had with Valhalla was really weird, like right in the middle. It could just be the devs gave specific somewhat limited content to reviewers.
Streamers weren't allowed to show the map, even though they played the beginning. Definitely something going on.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Is there anywhere I can read a good intro/description about the three starting paths? All I’ve seen are a few sentences each.

Do they do more than just provide a few different dialogue options or quest completion shortcuts?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I want room service!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Tenacious J posted:

Is there anywhere I can read a good intro/description about the three starting paths? All I’ve seen are a few sentences each.

Do they do more than just provide a few different dialogue options or quest completion shortcuts?

The intro of the game is like a prologue and each path gives you a completely different prologue experience. So the first like 1-2 hours of the game are going to be completely different.

But beyond that, nah its just dialogue options and quest completion shortcuts as far as we've been told.

I guess I'll spoil tag these but its not really big spoilers, just things CDPR have already shown:

Corpo - you start working for Arasaka, a mega-corp, but then things go wrong. You know how the rich people live and can call out corporations in quests in the future. You also probably know more about politics. The Johnny Mnemonic.

Street Kid - you start living the rough and tumble street rat experience, working odd jobs and dealing with gangsters. You know about all the gangs and have some gang connections and are more street smart and savvy about things like drugs.

Nomad - you start living outside the city entirely, in the wasteland. You used to be part of like an outlaw biker gang family that got destroyed. You know all about the nomad families outside of Night City and have more respect and connections with people who don't live there. Fast & Furious meets Mad Max.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Time to lower the tension a bit. Just pick the best hair style (spoilers?)

(clearly 10, 17 or 20)
https://ibb.co/WVQsKB7

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Shammypants posted:

The reviews suggested the marketing team was watching but was largely hands off, and they started right from the beginning of the game.

Tenacious J posted:

No one knows the full impact of the life choice decision, CDPR won't tell us. Assume it offers different rewards/quest outcomes occasionally and maybe some flavor dialogue here and there and not much else. Maybe an alteration to some pre-existing character relationships (if you're a Street Kid you already know someone in the Moxes and they mention it in passing, that sort of thing). At the level of Dragon Age: Origins, maybe.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Turin Turambar posted:

(clearly 10, 17 or 20)

5, 31, and 32 are bold choices on CDPR's part.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Im so hyped for this game right now. The first thing I do each day when I wake up this week will be checking to see if Amazon has shipped my preorder

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is today the day the steam download opens up?

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Preload times:

quote:

Preload times are even more spread out. Xbox players can preload their games now; PlayStation users can download on the December 8, with no specific time given; PC gamers on GOG can start their preload on December 7, 12 PM CET (3 AM PST), and those on Steam and Epic Games Store can start a few hours later at 5 PM CET (8 AM PST).

So tomorrow at 8 AM PST/5 PM CET.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

At the time of writing, Cyberpunk 2077 preloads have already begun on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S – but you’ll have to wait until Tuesday, December 8 until you can preload on PS4 and PS5.

Cyberpunk 2077 will be available for preload on GOG from December 7 at 3am PT / 6am ET / 12pm CET.

Those wanting to pre-load on Steam and Epic Games Store will need to wait until 8am PT/11am ET/5pm CET.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Thanks guys. Do they include the patches?

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

alex314 posted:

"- V, we need to go!
- (corpo)One sec, talking with my broker on how many put/call options we can do. Nukes will set off in how much time?"

Sure, we destroyed the human race, but for a brief moment in time, my weekly puts PRINTED.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
The Xbox One really might be the best way to play this game.

Footage from Xbox One, unknown patch situation: https://streamable.com/b0758g

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ham posted:

This is the Eurojank we need.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Turin Turambar posted:

(clearly 10, 17 or 20)
No decent options with ponytails.

--edit: Also, what's the difference between 31 and 32, apart from slightly differently frizzed hair ends?

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 6, 2020

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ham posted:

Unknown my rear end

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

TheRat posted:

Unknown my rear end

Ya, didn't CDPR already confirm the console patches aren't live?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Traxis posted:

Ya, didn't CDPR already confirm the console patches aren't live?

Yup.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Slugnoid posted:

Some of the previews from earlier this year mentioned how really well optimized the game was for PC. I think the reviewer was on a 2080 from memory.

Also a video I watched the other day mentioned there's a noticeable difference in the population density on the streets between the PC and PS4 versions.

According to CDPR's recommended specs, I should actually be able to run in 1440p ultra settings on an ultra-wide monitor using my venerable old 1080ti. This is pretty surprising but makes me happy! For ultra they recommend a GTX 2060, but everything I can find says that the 1080ti outperforms the 2060 (although the cost was obviously much higher in the day for the 1080ti) and my CPU/Memory are more than enough for those specs also.

I'm quite surprised that the recommended system for ultra 1440p is not bleeding edge PC stuff.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
gonna buy this game

checkmate liberals :getin:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Just pre-ordered for PC to own the libs, etc

I'm on paid leave from work so the timing is extremely convenient!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Ham posted:

I have a broken brain and I love jank like this (asides from the menu not working). I will mourn the passing of Motorbike rain if they fix it

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I dont think i can last, i think im going to buy this game before i get a 3080 and play it...

without ray tracing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I actually read the whole OP now and it's drat good work, thanks OP!

I've been trying not to get hype for this. I've been... falling short :shobon:

e; Do we know what time reviews will start dropping? I'd presume in the preceding 24 hours?

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 6, 2020