Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh FWIW this game will also be on GeForce Now IIRC you still have to own it on Steam, but it’s a way to play it on a 3080 system, assuming you have a good internet speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Ms Adequate posted:

I actually read the whole OP now and it's drat good work, thanks OP!

I've been trying not to get hype for this. I've been... falling short :shobon:

e; Do we know what time reviews will start dropping? I'd presume in the preceding 24 hours?

Review embargo is supposed to lift tomorrow. Streaming the game is prohibited until Wednesday afternoon.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Turin Turambar posted:

Time to lower the tension a bit. Just pick the best hair style (spoilers?)

(clearly 10, 17 or 20)
https://ibb.co/WVQsKB7

Do I get to select the hairstyle of my penis/vagina?

Why not?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ms Adequate posted:

I actually read the whole OP now and it's drat good work, thanks OP!

I've been trying not to get hype for this. I've been... falling short :shobon:

e; Do we know what time reviews will start dropping? I'd presume in the preceding 24 hours?

So long as your hype levels are lower than "ordered a special edition online but go to a midnight release for a second copy just to play it a few hours sooner" you are doing better than my worst hype-isode.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Nektu posted:

Do I get to select the hairstyle of my penis/vagina?

Why not?

Yes

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

marshmallow creep posted:

So long as your hype levels are lower than "ordered a special edition online but go to a midnight release for a second copy just to play it a few hours sooner" you are doing better than my worst hype-isode.

What game was this?

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
:captainpop:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Yeah they already confirmed multiple pube options and colors.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Blue Raider posted:

What game was this?

I did this for MGSV, I had the ps4 version preordered and paid off along with the CE console and I preordered it on Steam a week before release so I could preload and play the game for 4 hours before work on release day because I was hyped beyond hype for that game. The game was kind of worth it because I devoured it, I loved actually playing it even if the story wasn't there, but weirdly it's the ps4 I regretted buying, I never really got any use out of it other than exclusives :sweatdrop:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yeah they already confirmed multiple pube options and colors.

Does this alter the ending of the game

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Review embargo is supposed to lift tomorrow. Streaming the game is prohibited until Wednesday afternoon.

Oh neat, thanks for the info!

marshmallow creep posted:

I have fortunately never fallen quite that far into hype!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Shoehead posted:

I did this for MGSV, I had the ps4 version preordered and paid off along with the CE console and I preordered it on Steam a week before release so I could preload and play the game for 4 hours before work on release day because I was hyped beyond hype for that game. The game was kind of worth it because I devoured it, I loved actually playing it even if the story wasn't there, but weirdly it's the ps4 I regretted buying, I never really got any use out of it other than exclusives :sweatdrop:

I was going to make fun of you, but MGS5 is pretty good.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh FWIW this game will also be on GeForce Now IIRC you still have to own it on Steam, but it’s a way to play it on a 3080 system, assuming you have a good internet speed.

How is geforce now different to stadia? All these streaming services seem like bad ideas.

E: thanks for the tip all the same

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

smoobles posted:

Of course.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

GeForce Now will support GOG as well, but I don't know if it will available at release.

https://mobile.twitter.com/goggalaxy/status/1329430292747202568

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

How is geforce now different to stadia? All these streaming services seem like bad ideas.

Buy a game on steam, play it on gfn. No down side, don't like the experience streaming? Just switch to playing it on your pc.

It's no surprise they're eating stadia's lunch.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eau de MacGowan posted:

$5.99 a month. You have to own the game and it has to be a title that is part of their program. Still if it’s a game you really want and you may even also have other titles, it’s a pretty minimal cost.

Plus since you have to own it somewhere else (steam or Ubi generally) you can always return it if it isn’t working and also you won’t lose the game when Google finally kills Stadia in a year or two. I did this for the PC version of Death Stranding. It was gorgeous, but I realized the money could be better spent so I returned it on Steam.

It’s more akin to renting a super high end PC. They also have a free version, no RTX and time limited, but useful if you want to see how your connection is.

Edit: Sweet about the GoG thing. I didn’t realize they were adding more libraries.

Also you can then vpn unlock it super earlier.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Can you stream on twitch with nudity?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what’s the earliest PC unlock anywhere in the world?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

smoobles posted:

For the best ending you need Penis 2 and Brazilian.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

yes as long as you dont focus on it for a long time and act mature

and isnt a mod apparently

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Capntastic posted:

No for the last time put some pants on when you stream.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Capntastic posted:

Yeah, the rules say as long as it's not the main focus of the game. Things like rust and conan have more nudity than this game and there were no issues with TW3

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh poo poo GeForce Now has an iOS version...using the Safari browsers, but that’s a huge step up.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Wow, our pubes can have more colors than ME3's endings!

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Wouldn't hurt to tag your stream 18+ just in case anyway.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So what’s the earliest PC unlock anywhere in the world?

It's a global release on pc, so no locality will have it unlocked before any other locality. Consoles are midnight local time.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1334548241459933188?s=19

The Gadfly fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 6, 2020

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Gadfly posted:

It's a global release on pc, so no locality will have it unlocked before any other locality. Consoles are midnight local time.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1334548241459933188?s=19

Oh I think the times threw my off. I mean I guess some get it “earlier” in the sense that US East cost gets it on the 9th.

That said I just tried up the Safari version of GeForce Now and it’s really really good. I’m tempted to just get the PC version...if only to try for 90 minutes before returning it to see how the game looks maxed out.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Hawaii doesn't get to play. They know why. :colbert:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Capntastic posted:

You can, but the game also comes with a nudity filter if you're concerned about running into issues

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So this is kind off topic, but can anyone recommend a PDF reader? I got the Humble Bundle of all the lore books and trying to read them on my phone is making my eyes want to bleed. I keep thinking Kindle Paperwaite, and it seems to even handle scanned stuff well, but at the same time, would things originally in color display poorly?

Sorry I just figured this is as good a place to ask as any.

None of the E Ink readers do color at the moment. Except for this exciting tech demo of a product.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlnzrxaZViU

So your best bet will be some kind of tablet. I don't know how the Android tablets are for PDF reading. But they are cheaper in general than iPads. If I was gonna get an iPad just for reading PDFs/Comics etc, I'd get the newly released Air.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Capntastic posted:

Of course. It's retrofuturistic. Get out your 3.5 inch floppy dicks.

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa
if I change my xbox console region to NZ or Aus will it let me play early?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Gadfly posted:

GeForce Now will support GOG as well, but I don't know if it will available at release.

https://mobile.twitter.com/goggalaxy/status/1329430292747202568

Ooh thank gently caress, I am so glad for this. Now I am going to subscribe to Geforce Now.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

rabidcowfromhell posted:

It's dropping at 12AM GMT so that's when it releases. I think I should be able to play at 4PM on the ninth.

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa

Ice Phisherman posted:

It's dropping at 12AM GMT so that's when it releases. I think I should be able to play at 4PM on the ninth.

The official tweet says 12 local time for console players

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

rabidcowfromhell posted:

Yes I believe Xbox is the one single platform where changing your region can get you earlier access.

On PC you don't have to, and on PS4 I believe that doesn't work.

Ice Phisherman posted:

12AM LOCAL TIME for Xbox, so region matters, and changing your region may get you earlier access.

On PC region does not matter.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I'm not a console gamer so I'm not too sure how this stuff works, but given that a load of people are already playing the game because they got their physical copies early... what does this "unlock" time mean for them?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Chalks posted:

I'm not a console gamer so I'm not too sure how this stuff works, but given that a load of people are already playing the game because they got their physical copies early... what does this "unlock" time mean for them?

It’s when digital players get their version unlocked and when physical players can get the Day 1 patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chalks posted:

Nothing at all, they are lucky.