Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

mediaphage posted:

when i went to the pre-pandemic mall occasionally i would stop by arbys and get basically a pile of roast beef just to eat, it's enjoyable for fast food

https://www.theonion.com/arbys-now-charging-2-99-to-let-customers-go-behind-cou-1819573207

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

yeah i'm down

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

prefect posted:

i remember when hard tacos were 49 cents and soft tacos were 59 :corsair:

oh poo poo. i think i remember that too. also when hot n’ now had something like five burgers and ten fries for five bucks or whatever.

Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”
More like Hot n’ No

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

President Beep posted:

oh poo poo. i think i remember that too. also when hot n’ now had something like five burgers and ten fries for five bucks or whatever.

i just learned yesterday that the chilito wasn't a taco bell original -- they got it from some other chain they bought

Apr 7, 2003

Deep Taco Bell lore

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

some people assume that choco tacos are a taco-bell-specific delight, but they're not!

Invented in Philadelphia in the 1980s by Alan Drazen Senior Vice President of the Jack and Jill Ice Cream Company,[3] it was first rolled out in 1984 when it became popular in mobile vending trucks and convenience stores. It made its first appearance in supermarkets nationwide when Good Humor-Breyers (who were manufacturing it in Richmond, Virginia) promoted it in 1996 as "America's coolest taco," at the Supermarket Industry Convention in Chicago.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

prefect posted:

i remember when hard tacos were 49 cents and soft tacos were 59 :corsair:

American restaurant food is priced considering people who work the fields and make the food do not earn enough to stay alive.

I know you're a person who considers that and I dojn't mean for you to feel bad but that's a fact.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
arbys is also your only choice for a fast food french dip sandwich so theyre a ok in my book

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

3D Megadoodoo posted:

American restaurant food is priced considering people who work the fields and make the food do not earn enough to stay alive.

I know you're a person who considers that and I dojn't mean for you to feel bad but that's a fact.

the mall also had a burger king with barbecue bacon double cheeseburgers. barbecue sauce plus cheese plus beef (or chicken) is just the best :yum:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

prefect posted:

the mall also had a burger king with barbecue bacon double cheeseburgers. barbecue sauce plus cheese plus beef (or chicken) is just the best :yum:

I'm sure it is. I think I had a point but I'm rather dunk.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

i’ll start the wiki

Apr 7, 2003

President Beep posted:

i’ll start the wiki

Someone beat you to it

https://tacobell.fandom.com/wiki/Taco_Bell_Wiki

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Taco Bell... uhh... fried burritos? Or something like that, aren't bad. I like them. I will eat them. NAM NAM NAM.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A Taco Bell taco is... kind of NOT EVEN A FOOD?!?!?!?

Apr 7, 2003

They took the potato tacos and burritos off their menu and I will never forgive them for that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

They took the potato tacos and burritos off their menu and I will never forgive them for that.

OK I've never had those but BYOB agrees with you and I Googied it and yeah they seem good But get this:

why dont' hambaga places serve mashed potatoes instead of fries no wait not instead of fries, just in addition to

WHO ON THIS EARTH DOESN'T LIKE TO EAT MASHED POTATOEWS?!?!??!!?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

why dont' hambaga places serve mashed potatoes instead of fries no wait not instead of fries, just in addition to

scintillating old posting energy. jerry thank you for helping the thread remember its father’s face

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i am very much for the patoot

i like rutabaga and turnip too. put them in the mash! i WILL eat it!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

and carrot. man carrot is good.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
2021 is the year i get good at making latkes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

So7nds nice.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

3D Megadoodoo posted:

OK I've never had those but BYOB agrees with you and I Googied it and yeah they seem good But get this:

kentucky fried chicken has mashed potatoes and gravy :yum:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i am very much for the patoot

i like rutabaga and turnip too. put them in the mash! i WILL eat it!

rutabaga owns. we usually do it roasted. drat good.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

President Beep posted:

rutabaga owns. we usually do it roasted. drat good.

"rutabaga", like "casaba melon" is an excellent cartoon word

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i used to love rutabaga and then one year we had a bad one at thanksgiving and the smell makes me nauseous. it sucks. i suppose if i ate a bunch i would get over it but its really only a turkey day thing.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

prefect posted:

"rutabaga", like "casaba melon" is an excellent cartoon word

it really is.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Shaggar posted:

i used to love rutabaga and then one year we had a bad one at thanksgiving and the smell makes me nauseous. it sucks. i suppose if i ate a bunch i would get over it but its really only a turkey day thing.

when my wife was i. the hospital in labor with our son last year i bopped down to the cafe and to my delight found some brussels sprouts in the salad bar thingy. they somehow did some unholy thing to them and they were repulsive. luckily my taste for the vegetable in general soon returned, but boy was i off them for a while.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kenny Logins posted:

potatoes, onion, black pepper, drain liquid by pressing in a cheesecloth, fry

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i don't know if it's a normal thing, but the arbys near me had a section on the drive-thru menu just for ordering their beef flaps by the pound.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Roosevelt posted:

a section on the drive-thru menu just for ordering their beef flaps by the pound.

that was your mom's house actually

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

potatoes, onion, black pepper, drain liquid by pressing in a cheesecloth, fry
:hmmyes:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Jonny 290 posted:

that was your mom's house actually

*adds jonny 290's name to the great book of grudges*

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

and to make it worse they dropped the Mexican pizza

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

no way. mexican pizza owns.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep posted:

when my wife was i. the hospital in labor with our son last year i bopped down to the cafe and to my delight found some brussels sprouts in the salad bar thingy. they somehow did some unholy thing to them and they were repulsive. luckily my taste for the vegetable in general soon returned, but boy was i off them for a while.

overcooking most brassica but especially brussels sprouts really brings out the sulphur compounds which makes them taste and smell like rotten egg farts

Roosevelt posted:

i don't know if it's a normal thing, but the arbys near me had a section on the drive-thru menu just for ordering their beef flaps by the pound.

heaven

President Beep posted:

no way. mexican pizza owns.

agreed also their potatoes were loving great

in canada taco bell just has disgusting soft shoestring fries

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mediaphage posted:

in canada taco bell just has disgusting soft shoestring fries
my wife loves canada’s own fries supreme and i really don’t get it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

my wife loves canada’s own fries supreme and i really don’t get it

we all have our downsides

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

mediaphage posted:

we all have our downsides

see: my posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

one time we went to presque-isle maine for a wedding and needed to kill time and were pretty hungry. we hit the bell and she is devastated that they won’t make her the fries supreme

that was also where/when i tried the doritos locos taco. once. saltied thing i’ve ever eaten, besides a kfc double down