Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'm going to hold out for half price monkeys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Are they the Iberia monkeys? Is it true they only feed them acorns?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

poisonpill posted:

Are they the Iberia monkeys? Is it true they only feed them acorns?

That would be the monkey de bellota, for an extra $500 per.

Hi LWB
Nov 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know what's so special about eating animals that ate acorns. You don't see suburban people shelling out 100 bucks for a pile of squirrel meat. But if it's from spain and tastes fine on crackers it's cool.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Hi LWB posted:

I don't know what's so special about eating animals that ate acorns. You don't see suburban people shelling out 100 bucks for a pile of squirrel meat. But if it's from spain and tastes fine on crackers it's cool.

Lol, crackers

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

pnumoman posted:

Lol, crackers

That’s bananas

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

So are we buying the ham or not?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

You still get the wooden stand and knife with the jamon but it was a way better deal when it came with the indentured monkey butler to slice for you.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
My location is absolutely not enforcing the mask policy once you get past the door. :smith:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Hi LWB posted:

Speak for yourself. I’m running an underground acorn fed squirrel meat racket to rich housewives.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Virigoth posted:

Costco: 1.50 dog with drink and free refill (by monkeys)

Id get a kick out of this irl. Monkeys are cool! They wear lil hats sometimes

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

We made a pilgrimage today, and I got an early Christmas present!

We also got that cheap container of those Neapolitan cookie balls and some Tapatio mixed nuts. Ours started carrying Bear Naked granola bites. It's good they've got 'em, but I preferred the crunchy cocoa hazelnut kind they had before.

I witnessed the jamon, but didn't buy it since I'm the only meat eater. It looked pretty glorious though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Paul MaudDib posted:

My location is absolutely not enforcing the mask policy once you get past the door. :smith:

Send an email to corporate IMO. Costco seems to be pretty good with that poo poo.

(I'm the last person to "email the manager" or whatever but yeah)

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Suxpool posted:

i used to be a get there at 9:50am guy to beat the crowds, but at least for my locality getting there at 6:30-7pm is even better.

early cons: if you dawdle, fast movers will eventually overtake you and it'll start to get crowded before you can get out
late cons: occasionally some of the low-volume stuff will be sold out for the day (whole ribeyes, etc.)

This tracks with my local store as well. I've been going almost exclusively at like 6PM on random weekdays. Parking lot is still mostly full when I arrive but it doesn't feel that crowded in there and by the time I'm ready to check out there will be maybe 1-2 people per line.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Send an email to corporate IMO. Costco seems to be pretty good with that poo poo.

(I'm the last person to "email the manager" or whatever but yeah)

Had to go into a target yesterday and halfway down the clothing isle I saw a couple where she had pulled her mask down and his wasn’t covering his nose. I almost said something and then I saw his snake don’t dread on me bullshit shirt. Decided possibly getting shot wasn’t worth it to tell them to put on their loving masks.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Paul MaudDib posted:

can you blame them? i wouldnt want to be tasked with asking these loving psychopathic assholes to wear their mask for my costco job (relatively good as it may be). you know all the people who openly flaunt mask rules are looking to start some poo poo anyway

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yes you can blame them. Costco is a members only store. It's not like walmart where it doesn't matter who comes in. If a member doesn't want to wear their mask then Costco can take away their membership and they can proceed to go gently caress themselves. Costco has to look out for the other members who don't want to be killed as well.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The members only thing is nonsense. Once your on private property they can enforce whatever non discriminatory policy they'd like. Walmart is just filled with people making barely enough to scrape by so why would they give a poo poo. Anyways notify corporate, only managers or supervisors are theoretically supposed to tell people to put their masks back on. Just in case the members get confrontational. Management at that store is probably just swamped with holiday business and aren't enforcing the mask policy as well as they should.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

It's not nonsense. The fact that Costco already keeps track of the identity of members means they have a better chance of being able to enforce long-term consequences for stuff like refusing to wear a mask. It's not like, automatically an easy process because of that, but Walmart people would be more likely to just be able to keep going to other Walmarts and stuff.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah and keep getting kicked out.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I'm just saying Costco has more leverage to persuade them.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

My local Costco had some weird rear end in a top hat verbally assaulting people in the parking lot and threatening to kill them and the managers were just like "lol oh yeah we know that guy"

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
This might not be the place for it, but I'm not sure a Costco employee (manager, CEO, clerk, stock person) would be willing to put their lives on the line. On top of that, a ban from Costco would be cancelling their membership card, which means you'd, need their member card? If a guy is being an rear end in a top hat about his mask, and is refusing to leave you're not getting his membership card off of him, and even if you cancelled it that doesn't stop him from getting in the store, you just flash your card, there's not like a person scanning it or whatever. Add into the mix that some police are anti-mask, and aren't always going to show up right away when you call them, and you start to paint a picture that makes it apparent that no-one is actually capable of stopping these no mask people from doing what they want. In order to stop one of these belligerent people you need someone who can actually physically remove them, and the police aren't gonna do poo poo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If your membership is revoked then it doesn't matter if you have a card or not. You can't buy anything. The piece of plastic is worthless.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Boba Pearl posted:

This might not be the place for it, but I'm not sure a Costco employee (manager, CEO, clerk, stock person) would be willing to put their lives on the line. On top of that, a ban from Costco would be cancelling their membership card, which means you'd, need their member card? If a guy is being an rear end in a top hat about his mask, and is refusing to leave you're not getting his membership card off of him, and even if you cancelled it that doesn't stop him from getting in the store, you just flash your card, there's not like a person scanning it or whatever. Add into the mix that some police are anti-mask, and aren't always going to show up right away when you call them, and you start to paint a picture that makes it apparent that no-one is actually capable of stopping these no mask people from doing what they want. In order to stop one of these belligerent people you need someone who can actually physically remove them, and the police aren't gonna do poo poo.

It depends on the store. Others have been zero-tolerance with revoking memberships for people refusing to put their masks back on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8fkVqEZGRA

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Oh, ok I'm wrong then.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

PIZZA.BAT posted:

It depends on the store. Others have been zero-tolerance with revoking memberships for people refusing to put their masks back on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8fkVqEZGRA

lol man i remember this fat slob. that was like 5 years ago right?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Chinatown posted:

lol man i remember this fat slob. that was like 5 years ago right?
at least 5 hams ago

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I returned a christmas tree to costco today, AMA

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
What happens if they revoke your membership but you have a Costco Visa attached to it? Obviously you wouldn't be able to shop at Costco anymore but does that mean you're no longer eligible for the credit card either and it cancels immediately?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Inspector 34 posted:

What happens if they revoke your membership but you have a Costco Visa attached to it? Obviously you wouldn't be able to shop at Costco anymore but does that mean you're no longer eligible for the credit card either and it cancels immediately?

a Citi bank manager comes to your house, kicks you square in the balls, and takes it.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Harsh but fair

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

why?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Inspector 34 posted:

I've seen people say you either have 60 or 90 days until the credit card account is closed.

Bye bye cash back rewards!

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

MisterOblivious posted:

I've seen people say you either have 60 or 90 days until the credit card account is closed.

Bye bye cash back rewards!

90 days. It's also a grace period which allows for the card to be relinked to a different membership number (actually has to be done sometimes).

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Long enough time for antimaskers to buy a solid oak Costco brand coffin, too

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Why didn't you wait until after the holiday? That is the proper way.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Is this you?

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

I buy and resell Pokemon cards for a living. If you're ever looking to sell your childhood, please reach out!
Fallen Rib
just went to Costco for the first time and spent $600 on groceries

I'm sold I love this place!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I need to call the meat department about buying a costco sized bag of bones for stock.