Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Twitch actually cares about stuff now? Figured there would be a bunch of people streaming the game from early copies but can't find even one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Simone Magus posted:

Twitch actually cares about stuff now? Figured there would be a bunch of people streaming the game from early copies but can't find even one?

CDPR is sending out DMCAs to anyone streaming before the 9th

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

FuzzySlippers posted:

I recall the reaction to Witcher 1 being largely meh with a lot of hatred for the swamp. I played it for a few hours and got bored. I vaguely recall some kinda weird sex card collecting thing.

lol thats in every witcher game

reptilians
Sep 2, 2018

I liked the story in Witcher 1 better than 2. It was more laid back in the style of a massive CRPG or novel where it starts big and then spends a long time muddling around with talking to dwarven dentists and fantasy detectives and witches before the writers remember they need to come up with an ending.

Witcher 2 was more of a generic cinematic action game by comparison. However, I think it was a sort of necessary stepping stone to get to Witcher 3. You might say that it was the Wii U of Witcher games.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Zeta Acosta posted:

dude every year i do a playtrough of alpha protocol

but alpha protocol loving owned while witcher 1 was a tedious pile of crap

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Ms Adequate posted:

Got hacked by 6th Street and they made it floppy

"This doesnt normally happen babe...I just need the firmware update"

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

FuzzySlippers posted:

ME Andromeda really freaked out big game companies. I've heard execs consider the 'memeable' quality of its screw ups to be the reason it went from rough launch to total disaster (whether that is true or not that was the lesson). I'm sure the idea of a game being streamed without its day 0 patch makes them panic.

lol, this sounds exactly like what suits at EA would think

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I’m struggling to decide which life path I want to take.

I’m leaning corpo because I feel like I’ll know my way around the “big deal” stuff that happens in the universe. If the corps run everything then its kinda cool to feel like you’re one of the elite with all the special knowledge and connections.

But on the flip side I’ve also debated if I want to be a street kid or a nomad.

Street kid because I want to be some down and out nobody who makes a name for themselves and forces everyone to pay attention. But if this is just a cyberpunk version of a generic GTA character then maybe it’s not that appealing to me.

Nomad... well as a nomad I guess I’m free of all the baggage and drama that comes with being in night city. I just don’t like the biker style. I wanna go in on this looking like some hardcore operator type or like Die Antwoord built my character. Not really a fan of the biker look. I’m guessing aesthetics are more your choice than a life path thing given all the clothing you can get.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Simone Magus posted:

if you go look on the game leaks reddit you can find tons of footage now - i think i've seen like 8 hrs of gameplay and i really like what im seeing

e: specifically this leak of three hours of ps5 gameplay is going around, it's before the day one patch obviously don't click it unless you want spoilers on the early game missions https://vod.bitwave.tv/replay/Carlos2077_replay_1607291500404.mp4

Mad Wack fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Dec 7, 2020

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zeta Acosta posted:

witcher 1 is straight up unplayable right now, witcher 2 was cool but i liked dragon age origins better, the leap to witcher 3 is incredible.
hopefuly cp2077 is good

Witcher 1 is actually very good and all the people calling it "unplayable" are giant babies.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Kraftwerk posted:

I’m leaning corpo because I feel like I’ll know my way around the “big deal” stuff that happens in the universe. If the corps run everything then its kinda cool to feel like you’re one of the elite with all the special knowledge and connections.

Street kid because I want to be some down and out nobody who makes a name for themselves and forces everyone to pay attention. But if this is just a cyberpunk version of a generic GTA character then maybe it’s not that appealing to me.

Nomad... well as a nomad I guess I’m free of all the baggage and drama that comes with being in night city. I just don’t like the biker style. I wanna go in on this looking like some hardcore operator type or like Die Antwoord built my character. Not really a fan of the biker look. I’m guessing aesthetics are more your choice than a life path thing given all the clothing you can get.

from what ive seen in the trailers and stuff the nomads don't seem so "bikerish", rather they seem more sort of like post apocalyptic survivors or something.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Mad Wack posted:

if you go look on the game leaks reddit you can find tons of footage now - i think i've seen like 8 hrs of gameplay and i really like what im seeing

e: specifically this leak of three hours of ps5 gameplay is going around, it's before the day one patch obviously don't click it unless you want spoilers on the early game missions https://vod.bitwave.tv/replay/Carlos2077_replay_1607291500404.mp4

Go to the 13 minute mark to watch the streamer fail the world's simplest hacking minigame. It's like a natural law that only the worst players on the planet get games early.

Hopping around the vid everything seems to be serviceable. A little clunky but part of that might just be the streamer not really understanding where they're supposed to be going and trying to randomly climb every surface. Enemies are definitely spongy and pretty braindead, so I'll probably just play on Normal so I can get through the fights quick. Also cars don't appear to have location damage? The streamer opened up on a car's wheel and the car slowly caught on fire and then exploded from its tire getting shot.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Kraftwerk posted:

My comedy logic for going from wanting to play Street kid first to Corpo first was because it has very strong "Jetson, you're fired!" energy.

It wasn't until closer to launch I noticed, so far as the stuff known it isn't "Knows the Big Names" people are mentioning that stood out to me, but the more basic fact Of the three backgrounds, Corpo is already friends with Jackie. The guy you are destined to meet for the first time and team up with for Street and Nomad

Woden
May 6, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

Witcher 1 is actually very good and all the people calling it "unplayable" are giant babies.

:hmmyes:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

steinrokkan posted:

Yay a friend! :D Witcher 1 is old and different than the rest of the series. But it is also dripping with atmosphere, fantastic music, a cool world to explore (including the swamp) and great characters. It also, at several points in the story, (and probably not intentionally) foreshadows poo poo from Witcher 2 and 3.

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa
I've seen it asked a couple times but not sure if it ever got answered: do we know if there's some kinda Gwent-type minigame in this?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
No, we don't know. I think someone claimed there was a few pages ago, but it might have been a joke.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
seems like the sort of thing that would have been mentioned by now, especially if people are going 16 hours in on previews

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Witcher 1 is weird because they clearly wanted to tell a story about Geralt dealing with a sorceress and a child-source but they didn't want to use Yen and Ciri for some reason (maybe Sapkowski wouldn't let them?). So they created Alvin and just had Triss fill in for Yen. I actually hadn't read any of the books prior to playing Witcher 3 and I thought it was odd that this Ciri character had basically the same stuff going on as Alvin.

rabidcowfromhell posted:

I've seen it asked a couple times but not sure if it ever got answered: do we know if there's some kinda Gwent-type minigame in this?

I haven't seen anything of the sort and I've been checking out a bunch of leaked gameplay vids.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Hopefully the main character is more interesting/likeable than Geralt. Geralt was an old, grayed out grumpy rear end in a top hat who mumbled his lines and just seemed to hate everything and do all the things for money or whatever. I played Witcher 1 to swamp and Witcher 2 and 3 maybe 1-2 hours each. I just can't stand that dude. I like role-playing games more where I get the feeling that I can decide what the character does instead of looking at some extremely boring pre-canned cutscenes where the protagonist mumbles everything laconically without any passion at all.

I have high doubts because slavic people seem to be like that and produce depressing games and characters. We'll see in a few days... I have not pre-ordered and I won't preoder unless the game turns out to be good and the main character likeable.

Edit: also hopefully there is more point in the game than chasing after some random mcguffin. Immortality, zzzzzz.. I don't want immortality. I don't care about immortality. The game better have something better.

Maybe the game is just not for me. That is probably the most likely outcome.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Dec 7, 2020

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Witcher 1 is weird because they clearly wanted to tell a story about Geralt dealing with a sorceress and a child-source but they didn't want to use Yen and Ciri for some reason (maybe Sapkowski wouldn't let them?). So they created Alvin and just had Triss fill in for Yen. I actually hadn't read any of the books prior to playing Witcher 3 and I thought it was odd that this Ciri character had basically the same stuff going on as Alvin.

I haven't seen anything of the sort and I've been checking out a bunch of leaked gameplay vids.

I always figured they wanted to tell a similar story that wouldn't contradict Sapkowski's work and this was sort of the under-confident workaround but I guess I actually have no idea when Sapkowski finished publishing work (did he finish publishing work?)

EDIT:

quote:

Hopefully the main character is more interesting/likeable than Geralt. Geralt was an old, grayed out grumpy rear end in a top hat who mumbled his lines and just seemed to hate everything and do all the things for money or whatever. I played Witcher 1 to swamp and Witcher 2 and 3 maybe 1-2 hours each. I just can't stand that dude. I like role-playing games more where I get the feeling that I can decide what the character does instead of looking at some extremely boring pre-canned cutscenes where the protagonist mumbles everything laconically without any passion at all.

I have high doubts because slavic people seem to be like that and produce depressing games and characters. We'll see in a few days... I have not pre-ordered and I won't preoder unless the game turns out to be good and the main character likeable.

I mean I'm of the opinion that if a character doesn't grab you, they don't grab you, and that impression is the fault of the writers so I don't think your experience is wrong or anything. But it's worth noting that Geralt is the literal opposite of a joyless rear end in a top hat and like 90% of the 'point' of the games is showing how human and compassionate he actually is under an exterior that expects and sometimes even requires him to pretend to be a joyless rear end in a top hat with no feelings.

Mendrian fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Dec 7, 2020

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Geralt is awesome and has a poo poo load more nuance to his character than that, but the games do need to be played longer to see it. My guess is V won’t be nearly as nuanced as Geralt is because it’s mostly a blank slate character. I hope I’m wrong though.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I heard if the RNG rolls wrong in one of the sex scenes you can get the clap.

'I got the cyber drips'

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Ihmemies posted:

Hopefully the main character is more interesting/likable than Geralt. Geralt was an old, grayed out grumpy rear end in a top hat who mumbled his lines and just seemed to hate everything and do all the things for money or whatever. I played Witcher 1 to swamp and Witcher 2 and 3 maybe 1-2 hours each. I just can't stand that dude. I like role-playing games more where I get the feeling that I can decide what the character does instead of looking at some extremely boring pre-canned cutscenes where the protagonist mumbles everything laconically without any passion at all.

Geralt is super likeable and has a great sense of humor. The gruff, I-only-care-about-money thing is a show he puts on because that's what people expect from a witcher, and he's also been hurt a bunch so he's selective about who he's vulnerable with. He's actually pretty complex overall. Witcher 3 is all about exploring his relationships to other characters, most importantly his foster daughter. But yeah, he does have a pre-existing personality and you can only bend Geralt so much via dialogue options.

And you definitely have to play more than 2 hours of the 130 hour game to get all of that.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Wicked Them Beats posted:

How did the AI seem? Responsive? Braindead? And for the stealth, do you know if the player had any points invested in stealth skills?

AI: A bit of column A, a bit of column B?
No idea of his build, he never showed it.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Kraftwerk posted:

Nomads are not really bikers and more of Mad Max commies.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I think it’s cool that while this isn’t supposed to be a GTA alike, the three origins are basically Trevor, Michael, and Franklin.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

AI: A bit of column A, a bit of column B?
No idea of his build, he never showed it.

Thanks, been watching more gameplay and I'm getting more down on the AI. It seems to understand how to take cover at least.

I'm curious about the stealth because stealthy hacker is my usual go-to in Deus Ex and the like. Hopefully stacking points in stealth perks/skills will have the expected effect on enemy detection radius, etc.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Yea, I’m hoping I can crawl through vents and do silent takedowns in this game. I’m sure it won’t work that way, but I can dream!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ihmemies posted:

Edit: also hopefully there is more point in the game than chasing after some random mcguffin. Immortality, zzzzzz.. I don't want immortality. I don't care about immortality. The game better have something better.

Maybe the game is just not for me. That is probably the most likely outcome.

I'm with you on the first Witcher, it's probably the single worst game I've ever played that ever gets recommended by goons. Everything about it... is terrible.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I do find it interesting how stealth and magic (hacking) have such strong synergy in the leaked skill trees. Usually, even 'classless' RPGs treat wizards and rogues as quite separate playstyles, but here, it seems like if you want to hack you want to be stealthy, and if you want to be stealthy, you want to hack.

Well, as much as people correlates hacking with 'magic' in scifi setting, it isn't clearly the same. The only offensive tool hacking has is to make people shot themselves, and it seems to be very expensive to use. The rest of quickhacking are things that help normal stealth or normal combat. There is no equivalent of, you know, fireball or chain lightning, a regular offensive spell.
....I guess the equivalent to Chain Lightning in a scifi setting is just a freaking SMG :blastu:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

OgNar posted:

I heard if the RNG rolls wrong in one of the sex scenes you can get the clap.

'I got the cyber drips'

Just like sticking your penis 2 into a limewire server.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
cant you hack peoples smith machines to drop 500lbs on their throat

this kills them, and also humiliates them for using a smith machine

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

On the subject of reviews, seeing anecdotal info that smaller outlets still might not have review codes. Unclear how many actual reviews will be up before launch day, and a bunch of those are going to be from people who had to slam through the game to get the article out in time because the code was late. Clearly CDPR wasn't satisfied with just making their own staff do crunch hours to meet release date, so now they're making the reviewers crunch to get reviews ready for the embargo lift. Very cyberpunk of them.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It's like the marketing for this game is overseen by overly litigious lawyers. With itchy trigger fingers.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

rabidcowfromhell posted:

99.99% sure there isn't.

Personally, what I hoped in my dreams is to have a parallel 'cyber virtual world' in where dive in as an expert hacker, and also seems I won't have that. In fact, imo, they have directed the entire lore to make that impossible and to have only small LANs where you only quickhack things, as a way to explain you cannot cyber-dive in in this game (basically Internet imploded and was infested with military grade malware and rogue AI and was firewalled), despite the concept being a staple of the genre.
It seems there will be a pair of story missions where you do it (see 2019 gameplay video with the Voodoo boys), but that's it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Shoehead posted:

I remember a few months ago when the character creations options were hinted at and some people were upset about 2 peniseses vs 1 vagina option and it was really obvious it was to include circumcision and not some sort of penis bias (at least in that case).

Cyberpunk confirmed to be highly misogynistic by including male genital mutilation options but not including female genital mutilation options.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Ihmemies posted:

I have high doubts because slavic people seem to be like that and produce depressing games and characters.

Geralt isn't so bad! The comedic quests and his low key sarcasm help a lot, and he really has a heart of gold, which (well, I guess it depends of your choices) can be seen at several points.

About producing depressing games and characters, I actually suspect this game is going to be depressing as gently caress. They seem to be all in in 'this is a serious dystopia'. It's another point where I feel the game will be pretty different from GTA.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I didn't follow development too closely but now I watched some gamepley videos and they kind of look like garbage graphics wise? It kinda looks worse than even Witcher 3 not to mention GTAV or RDR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

Yea, I’m hoping I can crawl through vents and do silent takedowns in this game. I’m sure it won’t work that way, but I can dream!

Silent takedowns are confirmed since 2018. Crawling vents, I'm much less sure about that. I feel this isn't one of those games where because you are a 'first person camera' really, you can fit in hilariously small gaps.