Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I liked keanu in dracula. he was a stupid noble after all

agree, i thought he was fine as his character
sure they could have cast a better actor but that is almost always true of any role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I enjoyed when he fought cops who worked on behalf of the oil industry in "chain reaction"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Chain Reaction and The Saint are my two favorite movies about nuclear science

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Chris Knight posted:

matrix sequel is already here it's called the regraded "in the mood for love" :(

https://twitter.com/zizz_0/status/1307404772966912005

how is this a matrix sequel, it’s totally different

mystes
May 31, 2006

fart simpson posted:

You don't remember the green pill?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

mystes posted:

no, but i haven’t seen in the mood for love for like 10 years

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

mystes posted:

shrek is love

shrek is life

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Grenademanblitz/status/1335266437091393536

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
it's really funny to me that the backstory for the mandalorian apparently includes multiple long-term business and even personal relationships where he straightup doesn't tell them even a portion of his name, like, at any point

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

are you blind?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's really funny to me that the backstory for the mandalorian apparently includes multiple long-term business and even personal relationships where he straightup doesn't tell them even a portion of his name, like, at any point

There's canonically like 12 million planets in the starwar universe. I can see why most of the transactions are basically anonymous and cash on delivery since 90% of your vendors are just randos passing through the area.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
isn't he the only mandalorian that goes out and does contracts while the others all hide in their sewer outpost

so it's not like anyone's going to get confused by all the other mandalorians running around

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

haveblue posted:

isn't he the only mandalorian that goes out and does contracts while the others all hide in their sewer outpost

so it's not like anyone's going to get confused by all the other mandalorians running around

Iirc they had a rule where only 1 person could go out at a time and I guess it was him most of the time?

In season 2 he encounters more mandolarians so I assume that they're a known quantity in the galaxy.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Chris Knight posted:

are you blind?

i guess so yeah

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

pretty sure the character keanu plays in Dracula was an air head in the book. Like, that is the character. A clueless idiot that doesn't understand the danger he is in.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

There's canonically like 12 million planets in the starwar universe. I can see why most of the transactions are basically anonymous and cash on delivery since 90% of your vendors are just randos passing through the area.

canonically every single event in the galaxy is related somehow to the skywalker clan, and the only delivery driver anyone knows of is han solo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

syntaxrigger posted:

pretty sure the character keanu plays in Dracula was an air head in the book. Like, that is the character. A clueless idiot that doesn't understand the danger he is in.
whether you think it was grounded in his talent (or a perceived lack thereof) or the directing/script, it didn’t really help with his popular image as a doofus at the time

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

rando mandos

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

syntaxrigger posted:

it's kinda the only way the whole "i work for dracula, but don't notice" thing works

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Occasional Landos too.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
The Occasional Landonis

Fine Men's Cloakery

Est. 43 BBY

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sweevo posted:

canonically every single event in the galaxy is related somehow to the skywalker clan, and the only delivery driver anyone knows of is han solo

actual world building on a galactic scale is mostly nonsense, and the canon parts of star wars have largely never bothered.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I just like how every planet in star wars is a single biome.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

ahh, the ol' star trek / b5 theory of planets: every other planet is a single • race • religion • politic • biome • expression of human emotion

except of course, earth #diversity

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Earth would probably be considered a water world.

Aliens be like "lol what a weird planet, the dominant species only uses like a quarter of the available surface"

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

so you also saw the rifftrax of rogue one

in some ways we are all fishmech and all tunisians

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

Earth would probably be considered a water world.

Aliens be like "lol what a weird planet, the dominant species only uses like a quarter of the available surface"

so long, and thanks for all the fish

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

so you also saw the rifftrax of rogue one

i did not.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

i did not.

it has alternate audio

also rogue one is basically the best sw besides, well all of them in my opinion

K2-S0 is great

well a lot of that movie sucked but i just love the spaceship fights

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rogue one is the best star war

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Cao Cao did nothing wrong.

:colbert:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rogue one and empire strikes back are basically tied for me. usually esb wins out but tbh it's probably because nostalgia

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

a new hope shows the power of a great editor

rogue one shows that that editing can’t fix everything

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/AnthonyHopkins/status/1335661820321751041

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

anthony hopkins is a phenomenal actor

pyf anthony hopkins

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ofIY3lvng

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

gently caress you for making me think he died