Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Drone posted:

PC players: you gonna do M+KB or gamepad?

I'm really torn.

Gamepad. Old man (lack of) reflexes mean I'm not so hot with mkb any more either, and gamepad lets me chill with my feet up

In my case the older I get, the less "mkb supremacy" I feel (20 years ago I'd have laughed at anyone suggesting to play shootmans on a controller) :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Drone posted:

I'm really torn.

As others said, I'll keep my controller handy for when I'm driving but otherwise it's KBM all the way.

^^the older I get the more engrained in my kbm supremacy I get :v: I bought both a PS4 and a Switch over the last 2 years and gently caress me I just cannot play games without kbm and the ability to alt tab and look poo poo up instantly / dick around in between loading screens

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Extremely uncomfortable looking.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

People that demand gyro aiming for every game are nuts.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
also this isn't loving f-zero why do you need something with a joystick to drive

you hold A/D until your turn is complete, you're in a city (mostly)

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

black.lion posted:

I sure wish I had a good way to hook my upstairs PC to my downstairs television so I could play on controller from the couch and my wife could share the joy of this hype monster

Wireless DisplayPort when?!

My wife doesn't play games, but some of these real cinematic ones she likes to watch. I use a steam link to play games on the TV from the opposite side of the house. I've got a Nvidia Shield now and I think it can stream games as well, but I've never tried it. I might play around and see if I can get that working for this game instead of the steam link.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

M&K, invert y axis on. :agesilaus:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I flip the mouse upside down and keep it pressed against the underside of my desk with the back of my hand, using my ring and pinky for the buttons

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Turin Turambar posted:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Keeping my wheel attached to my desk just for driving segments and extremely inconveniencing myself and my ability to use the MKB

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
'Celebrate the experience of driving'

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Putting the game on a thumb drive and shoving it into my brain

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Delizin posted:

My wife doesn't play games, but some of these real cinematic ones she likes to watch. I use a steam link to play games on the TV from the opposite side of the house. I've got a Nvidia Shield now and I think it can stream games as well, but I've never tried it. I might play around and see if I can get that working for this game instead of the steam link.

I actually just saw that Steam Link can work on Samsung smart tvs... mine is old but i'm attempting to get it up now, would be pretty neato if it works

My wife loved watching RDR2, hope I can get something sorted in the next ***checks countdown*** 58 HOURS AND 22 MINUTES

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Sab669 posted:

As others said, I'll keep my controller handy for when I'm driving but otherwise it's KBM all the way.

^^the older I get the more engrained in my kbm supremacy I get :v: I bought both a PS4 and a Switch over the last 2 years and gently caress me I just cannot play games without kbm and the ability to alt tab and look poo poo up instantly / dick around in between loading screens

Xim do a line of kbm -> controller doodads that let you use a kbm and the console thinks it's still a controller. Apparently a lot of high tier shootmans players on console use stuff like that, I bought a Xim4 to try it out and found out I just prefer controllers :shrug:

Turin Turambar posted:

Invert Y all day every day :coal:

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Boooo my Samsung tv is too old for Steam Link BOOOOOOOOO

Is there another good way to stream games to a tv without tons of lag or should I just give up?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Move your computer hth

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

I gave it a good shake but still doesn't seem to be able to stream to my tv

Any other ideas?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Any big benefit to doing this on gog vs steam? Other than the devs getting more money obviously

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Yeah, but it depends on your dick type.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

w00tmonger posted:

Any big benefit to doing this on gog vs steam? Other than the devs getting more money obviously

No DRM. I prefer GOG just so I can hoard the installer files.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Drone posted:

I'm really torn.

HOTAS

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

w00tmonger posted:

I think they have some extra goodies?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Drone posted:

I'm really torn.

I’ll be using the wireless Cyberpunk Edition of the Xbox One controller of course! (on PC no less)

If this was a fast paced pure FPS like Doom I’d go with KB and M, but otherwise controller is fine so I can lean back and relax a bit.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Drone posted:

I'm really torn.

It's an FPS, unless the combat is really different from standard shooters, you're going to want to use a mouse.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

black.lion posted:

Any other ideas?

If you have a laptop or a raspberry pi 3 or newer, you can stream from your desktop to them. Steam can stream to other PC's with steam installed, or to the Steam Link app. You can probably do it with an Android phone, if your phone supports HDMI out from it's USB interface.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

black.lion posted:

Is there another good way to stream games to a tv without tons of lag or should I just give up?

Are you trying to use the steam link hardware or the Samsung steam link app? The hardware should just plug into the tv with an HDMI cable and connect to your router and controller/kb+m. It shouldn't matter how old the tv is in that case as long as it has an hdmi input.

If you're using the app, then I have no idea. That is uncharted waters for me.

I checked and my nvidia shield does let me stream games with the GeForce experience software. I figure I'll try to get that up and going tomorrow.

Lowen SoDium posted:

If you have a laptop or a raspberry pi 3 or newer, you can stream from your desktop to them. Steam can stream to other PC's with steam installed, or to the Steam Link app. You can probably do it with an Android phone, if your phone supports HDMI out from it's USB interface.

That is pretty clever. I never thought about using a raspberry pi for streaming games even though I've got a couple sitting around.

dedian
Sep 2, 2011

black.lion posted:

Any other ideas?

Do you have anything that moonlight (https://moonlight-stream.org/ - open implementation of nvidia game stream) would run on? I've used it for a few games on my fire tv stick and seems to work ok.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Delizin posted:

Are you trying to use the steam link hardware or the Samsung steam link app? The hardware should just plug into the tv with an HDMI cable and connect to your router and controller/kb+m. It shouldn't matter how old the tv is in that case as long as it has an hdmi input.

I checked and my nvidia shield does let me stream games with the GeForce experience software. I figure I'll try to get that up and going tomorrow.

That is pretty clever. I never thought about using a raspberry pi for streaming games even though I've got a couple sitting around.

You can stream to the Nvidia Shield using the Nvidia streaming or you can install the Steam Link app form the app store and stream it from Steam. I think it's slightly more reliable to use Steam, but the quality and latency is about the same.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Turin Turambar posted:

I think they have some extra goodies?

Hell I'll print out some posters. Hadn't thought about the installer thing either

wibble
May 20, 2001
Meep meep

black.lion posted:

I sure wish I had a good way to hook my upstairs PC to my downstairs television so I could play on controller from the couch and my wife could share the joy of this hype monster

Wireless DisplayPort when?!

You can use Steam to stream almost any video game to your downstairs tv and use whatever controller you want...

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Wet Fifty posted:

https://i.imgur.com/RsEfi39.png The screen you get after trying to start the game after the PC preload. No spoilers.

So the GOG preload isn't encrypted? Let the datamining begin!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mouse and keyboard exclusively

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

ymgve posted:

So the GOG preload isn't encrypted? Let the datamining begin!

Well, first someone has to develop a way to extract the data from the binary files, before CDP does, because...

code:
 4 ®ùKARKM  Œ  Á00 ½ CR2WÃM  M  q’1” P¼h¯eðT³	  UK»ì(  n…CÚgamePointOfInterestMappinResource cookingPlatform ECookingPlatform PLATFORM_PCUÚ‘#W™–3׶ŠyD’|®#
@        ½>~‹:::> D6:Ë>:>>2¯šKARKI  Œ  ½0  ¹ CR2WÃI  I  	ÕÝРCC(aÑãÌÕER  UK»ì  IÃk5gameLocationResource cookingPlatform ECookingPlatform PLATFORM_PCäzÍ	W™–&׶Šy7’|®#3                ½>~‹:::>r D6:Ë>:>>2¯šKARKK  Œ  ¿0( » CR2WÃK  K  E±£É N%Êî”n]  UK»ì&  „×8gamePersistentStateDataResource cookingPlatform ECookingPlatform PLATFORM_PC#N½!W™–1׶ŠyB’|®#
>        ½>~‹:::>} D6:Ë>:>>2¯šKARK<  Œ  ¯0ì « CR2WÃ<  <  ÚÛ ?ãp¿„ßïóþ)  UK»ì  v…€gameAreaResource cookingPlatform ECookingPlatform PLATFORM_PCR(EW™–"׶Šy3’|®#
/        ½>~‹:::>}D6:Ë>:>>2¯šKARK  Œ SˆQCR2Wà     å     —Œ”¦     ›q·…;   )«–“UK»ì£êu"ÔgameDeviceResour cookingPlatform ECPLATFORM_PC data handle:Dversion Uint32 CommunityProxyPS
ýQš W™–$׶Šy5’|®#AJ£0FÛ[—Êdͨ‚g{7ꘃŒÂãŠçàöÓ/ì       	  
                 +'ëEEÛ¼÷ÿÉüÛ̇GûÕâ%GE
çA退
"'(  $
5(À´ùKARKe  Œ âˆàCR2Wà   0	8/ eé0w‹÷  \”ÕÖ’üZÂd}ìUK»ìüªÏ¥3ëf\ÝphysicsGeometryCache cookingPlatform ECPLATFORM_PC sectories array:Key pe Uint8 ta [12]EnSy entrySiz32Offset alwaysLoaded Bounds Box Min V4 X Float Y Z W MaxDDB serializationDeferrDataBufferjqfW™–&׶Šy7’|®#CŸ­KàT „zmþ[uµp[Šdcv¦¯jµyd76íƒQÎåÅ–e‘F´rïLy¾ŒÂãÅ€ Y´Ñ»¶‡äxÅ@Í÷
I can't understand poo poo.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Turin Turambar posted:

Well, first someone has to develop a way to extract the data from the binary files, before CDP does, because...

code:
 4 ®ùKARKM  Œ  Á00 ½ CR2WÃM  M  q’1” P¼h¯eðT³	  UK»ì(  n…CÚgamePointOfInterestMappinResource cookingPlatform ECookingPlatform PLATFORM_PCUÚ‘#W™–3׶ŠyD’|®#
@        ½>~‹:::> D6:Ë>:>>2¯šKARKI  Œ  ½0  ¹ CR2WÃI  I  	ÕÝРCC(aÑãÌÕER  UK»ì  IÃk5gameLocationResource cookingPlatform ECookingPlatform PLATFORM_PCäzÍ	W™–&׶Šy7’|®#3                ½>~‹:::>r D6:Ë>:>>2¯šKARKK  Œ  ¿0( » CR2WÃK  K  E±£É N%Êî”n]  UK»ì&  „×8gamePersistentStateDataResource cookingPlatform ECookingPlatform PLATFORM_PC#N½!W™–1׶ŠyB’|®#
>        ½>~‹:::>} D6:Ë>:>>2¯šKARK<  Œ  ¯0ì « CR2WÃ<  <  ÚÛ ?ãp¿„ßïóþ)  UK»ì  v…€gameAreaResource cookingPlatform ECookingPlatform PLATFORM_PCR(EW™–"׶Šy3’|®#
/        ½>~‹:::>}D6:Ë>:>>2¯šKARK  Œ SˆQCR2Wà     å     —Œ”¦     ›q·…;   )«–“UK»ì£êu"ÔgameDeviceResour cookingPlatform ECPLATFORM_PC data handle:Dversion Uint32 CommunityProxyPS
ýQš W™–$׶Šy5’|®#AJ£0FÛ[—Êdͨ‚g{7ꘃŒÂãŠçàöÓ/ì       	  
                 +'ëEEÛ¼÷ÿÉüÛ̇GûÕâ%GE
çA退
"'(  $
5(À´ùKARKe  Œ âˆàCR2Wà   0	8/ eé0w‹÷  \”ÕÖ’üZÂd}ìUK»ìüªÏ¥3ëf\ÝphysicsGeometryCache cookingPlatform ECPLATFORM_PC sectories array:Key pe Uint8 ta [12]EnSy entrySiz32Offset alwaysLoaded Bounds Box Min V4 X Float Y Z W MaxDDB serializationDeferrDataBufferjqfW™–&׶Šy7’|®#CŸ­KàT „zmþ[uµp[Šdcv¦¯jµyd76íƒQÎåÅ–e‘F´rïLy¾ŒÂãÅ€ Y´Ñ»¶‡äxÅ@Í÷
I can't understand poo poo.

CookingPlatform - the game will have a cooking minigame!

(It's just a word for gathering all the resources that goes into the game and packing them into single files)

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

black.lion posted:

Not super cheap but the Nvidia Shield can do it and does it extremely well, plus there's a native Steam Link app. (Not Geforce Now, this uses your PC, called Gamestream). It's probably the best set top box/streaming device out there as is, but the additional gaming stuff is pretty sick. Other than that, I believe you can sideload Steam Link's app to a Fire Stick since it's Android based.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
To get a 10/10 from me CP2077 will have to provoke a meltdown from somebody who accidentally picks a gay option thinking it was a totally super manly straight option instead.

Fallout New Vegas set a high bar.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

ymgve posted:

CookingPlatform - the game will have a cooking minigame!

(It's just a word for gathering all the resources that goes into the game and packing them into single files)

I thought in putting some chef meme image and do a joke about it...

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

black.lion posted:

Any other ideas?

long hdmi

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Lowen SoDium posted:

Yeah trying to get it to the tv specifically for wifey viewing, and I don't know enough to do anything with a raspberry pi 3 I don't even honestly really get what that is

Delizin posted:

I don't have the hardware, I wanted to use the app but my Samsung "smart" tv is too old (e.g. not smart enough) to use the Steam Link app

Do you get a pretty lag-free/high quality image experience with the hardware on wifi? If so I may just pick one up for this exact purpose

I'm admittedly out of the loop re: Nvidia Shield, would this basically accomplish the same thing as the Steam Link hardware? Any quality difference streaming between the two?

dedian posted:

Do you have anything that moonlight (https://moonlight-stream.org/ - open implementation of nvidia game stream) would run on? I've used it for a few games on my fire tv stick and seems to work ok.

Sadly I do not womp wmop

wibble posted:

You can use Steam to stream almost any video game to your downstairs tv and use whatever controller you want...

Yes! The question now is how best to accomplish this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

sean10mm posted:

To get a 10/10 from me CP2077 will have to provoke a meltdown from somebody who accidentally picks a gay option thinking it was a totally super manly straight option instead.

Fallout New Vegas set a high bar.

inevitable. I look forward to cyber-chud.txt