Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The first thing I am going to do is turn on my monitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Okay so Nvidia Shield is going to be my best experience streaming wirelessly from PC to television, true? Better than Steam Link hardware?

Also yay thread title is dead, long live thread title

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

sean10mm posted:

To get a 10/10 from me CP2077 will have to provoke a meltdown from somebody who accidentally picks a gay option thinking it was a totally super manly straight option instead.

Fallout New Vegas set a high bar.

It's just a massage what's gay about that I don't get it. Just guys being dudes.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

black.lion posted:

Okay so Nvidia Shield is going to be my best experience streaming wirelessly from PC to television, true? Better than Steam Link hardware?

Also yay thread title is dead, long live thread title

In my experience, the Shield's stuff has always been better than Steam Link's.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

sean10mm posted:

To get a 10/10 from me CP2077 will have to provoke a meltdown from somebody who accidentally picks a gay option thinking it was a totally super manly straight option instead.

what's the story behind that?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Tim Whatley posted:

In my experience, the Shield's stuff has always been better than Steam Link's.

Awesome thanks, one last follow up - for the purposes of streaming games only, is there any reason to get the Shield TV Pro over the regular Shield TV??

e: All I see is a lil more GPU memory and 16g onboard storage instead of 8g

I have no idea if this streaming thing is going to use the onboard GPU or not, if having a better one will improve lag/image?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Turin Turambar posted:

what's the story behind that?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3358074&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=210#post383908590

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

sean10mm posted:

This is really petty and stupid but the thought of a CHUD getting locked into a gay sex scene on accident is so funny to me that I had to sit down

dedian
Sep 2, 2011

black.lion posted:

Awesome thanks, one last follow up - for the purposes of streaming games only, is there any reason to get the Shield TV Pro over the regular Shield TV??

e: All I see is a lil more GPU memory and 16g onboard storage instead of 8g

I have no idea if this streaming thing is going to use the onboard GPU or not, if having a better one will improve lag/image?

The onboard gpu is to get the video stream to your tv, your PC's video card is doing most of the work

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

sean10mm posted:

This reminded me of a review from last month:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/dear-cd-projekt-red-sorry-i-made-you-watch-a-cyberpunk-2077-sex-scene-with-me/1100-6484602/ posted:

Posing as a customer to get inside and find some information, I signed up. After I chose a safe word (uh-oh), the system picked a male and a female doll for me, Angel and Skye, and showed portraits of each. When the clerk asked which I would like, I immediately forgot which name applied to which person. I picked Angel and found myself in a small room and a pink-haired man who invited me to sit on the bed.

I feel like this game is going to get anti-trans people raging more. At some point one of these assholes is going to find themselves attracted an NPC then find out that NPC has a dick and they are going to flip their poo poo.

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Deserves to be in op imo, my understanding of the backgrounds is enhanced by this

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
drat I thought the game was suppose to be pre loadable on Steam by now. Someone smack Gabe around until it is.

Going Male street kid, then female corpo and male nomad.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

This requires archives to read, so to summarize:

1) New Vegas has a perk that only male characters can pick called "Confirmed Bachelor" (an old-timey euphemism for a gay man) that promises "unique" dialog options with male NPCs.
2) A goon picked it thinking it meant you were a super macho dude bro who is totally straight and out to bang all the the skanky hos you could get
3) Goon is shocked to realize it meant you were gay even though the icon for the perk is a dude rubbing down another dude who has a heart drawn over his head

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The Last Call posted:

drat I thought the game was suppose to be pre loadable on Steam by now. Someone smack Gabe around until it is.

Going Male street kid, then female corpo and male nomad.

1 hour from now for Steam

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Isn't the review embargo supposed to be up by now?

Of course it's a million hour game so lol and getting a quick review out that isn't trash.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Looking forward to reviews by people who had very little time to play the game and who won’t have the benefit of the day one patch that will probably fix a lot of issues they encountered.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

sean10mm posted:

Of course it's a million hour game so lol and getting a quick review out that isn't trash.

Also 1 hour from now

Edit 2?

DeadlyHalibut fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 7, 2020

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

cheesetriangles posted:

1 hour from now for Steam

Yeah that makes sense.

sean10mm posted:

Don't expect a ton of reviews, only some people actually got a code to do reviews with so it will be far less than the norm.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

OctaMurk posted:

Deserves to be in op imo, my understanding of the backgrounds is enhanced by this

This is good.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Also 1 hour from now

That would explain when I typed in Cyberpunk 2077 reviews I just got a bunch of super lovely hot takes.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I do find the Confirmed Bachelor perk a bit weird since it also increases your damage against men. The mixing of violence and sexual attraction in a single perk is a bit icky.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

PC gaming sure has come a long way since I last had a gaming computer.

• Will my <random string of 3 letters and 3-4 numbers> GPU be able to run this on low settings?

• Should I use my keyboard or joystick and trackball to play?

• Should I buy this from GOG, Steam, or Walmart?

• How do I plug my computer into a TV?

I have an Xbox 1 X and no plans to get the new one, so I am going to just play the game and accept that only one building and one NPC will be viewable at any given time at 30fps.

On the other hand all this hand wringing on how best to ~experience the game~ could be over in an instant if CDPR would just

release the game, you cowards!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

sean10mm posted:

Real talk, even if the embargo drops and you immediately see a huge wave of influencers and you tubers crowing about how bad it is... are you canceling your pre-order?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Yeah, looks like the review embargo lifts 9am PST FWIW.

e:

Bust Rodd posted:

Real talk, even if the embargo drops and you immediately see a huge wave of influencers and you tubers crowing about how bad it is... are you canceling your pre-order?

I don't give a gently caress beyond having something to read to pass the time until the game comes out tbh

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Holy poo poo it's happening.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Hell no, I plan to indignantly defend CDPR's artwork and double down because I'm an actual Corpo. Gamers bow down!

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

I've been waiting for this game since watching the original steam live in 2012 there is no backing out.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:

ymgve posted:

I do find the Confirmed Bachelor perk a bit weird since it also increases your damage against men. The mixing of violence and sexual attraction in a single perk is a bit icky.

It just means you can say absolutely devastating burns and emotionally cripple them

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

Well, first someone has to develop a way to extract the data from the binary files, before CDP does, because...

code:
 4 ®ùKARKM  Œ  Á00 ½ CR2WÃM  M  q’1” P¼h¯eðT³	  UK»ì(  n…CÚgamePointOfInterestMappinResource cookingPlatform ECookingPlatform PLATFORM_PCUÚ‘#W™–3׶ŠyD’|®#
@        ½>~‹:::> D6:Ë>:>>2¯šKARKI  Œ  ½0  ¹ CR2WÃI  I  	ÕÝРCC(aÑãÌÕER  UK»ì  IÃk5gameLocationResource cookingPlatform ECookingPlatform PLATFORM_PCäzÍ	W™–&׶Šy7’|®#3                ½>~‹:::>r D6:Ë>:>>2¯šKARKK  Œ  ¿0( » CR2WÃK  K  E±£É N%Êî”n]  UK»ì&  „×8gamePersistentStateDataResource cookingPlatform ECookingPlatform PLATFORM_PC#N½!W™–1׶ŠyB’|®#
>        ½>~‹:::>} D6:Ë>:>>2¯šKARK<  Œ  ¯0ì « CR2WÃ<  <  ÚÛ ?ãp¿„ßïóþ)  UK»ì  v…€gameAreaResource cookingPlatform ECookingPlatform PLATFORM_PCR(EW™–"׶Šy3’|®#
/        ½>~‹:::>}D6:Ë>:>>2¯šKARK  Œ SˆQCR2Wà     å     —Œ”¦     ›q·…;   )«–“UK»ì£êu"ÔgameDeviceResour cookingPlatform ECPLATFORM_PC data handle:Dversion Uint32 CommunityProxyPS
ýQš W™–$׶Šy5’|®#AJ£0FÛ[—Êdͨ‚g{7ꘃŒÂãŠçàöÓ/ì       	  
                 +'ëEEÛ¼÷ÿÉüÛ̇GûÕâ%GE
çA退
"'(  $
5(À´ùKARKe  Œ âˆàCR2Wà   0	8/ eé0w‹÷  \”ÕÖ’üZÂd}ìUK»ìüªÏ¥3ëf\ÝphysicsGeometryCache cookingPlatform ECPLATFORM_PC sectories array:Key pe Uint8 ta [12]EnSy entrySiz32Offset alwaysLoaded Bounds Box Min V4 X Float Y Z W MaxDDB serializationDeferrDataBufferjqfW™–&׶Šy7’|®#CŸ­KàT „zmþ[uµp[Šdcv¦¯jµyd76íƒQÎåÅ–e‘F´rïLy¾ŒÂãÅ€ Y´Ñ»¶‡äxÅ@Í÷
I can't understand poo poo.

I can't even see the code anymore. I just see penis 2, vag, chrome nipples.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

I said come in! posted:

Holy poo poo it's happening.

GoGrade

:hmmyes:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
40% Downloaded! :woop:

I'm up to Cybe_____ 2077!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
GoG is chugging, though: only getting 0.6MB/s unthrottled.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

GoG is chugging, though: only getting 0.6MB/s unthrottled.

I was getting upwards of 60 less than an hour ago

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

After further research it appears that my garbage wifi connection will make streaming over Nvidia Shield problematic womp womp guess wifey has to wait til I get a PS5 to watch my street kid gorilla arms run

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

black.lion posted:

After further research it appears that my garbage wifi connection will make streaming over Nvidia Shield problematic womp womp guess wifey has to wait til I get a PS5 to watch my street kid gorilla arms run

They sell 100' CAT-5 cables. :shrug:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

black.lion posted:

Why not consider a wired setup, even if temporarily, if possible?

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

They sell 100' CAT-5 cables. :shrug:

My man. I did this when my wife was out of town once and used some tape...she was not thrilled, but it worked and it’s a hilarious store to retell.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I just got thrown into an 8:00 AM meeting on Thursday morning at work. How do I squirm my way out of this.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

god drat. so you can just sync Gog to your steam account and use it directly for everything. UI is way less cluttered and awful than what steams become lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I just got thrown into an 8:00 AM meeting on Thursday morning at work. How do I squirm my way out of this.

I’m 100% serious, fake a relative’s COVID related death. Everybody gets to do this once in their lives for selfish personal reasons.