Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah from the glimpses I’ve seen over the past few months they’ve found a good space for Johnny after some overexposure directionlessness, so it’s a good time to stick him with a Ghostface army and sex pest henchman.

I don’t mind them having Raquel pin Io to set up a title feud but you have to worry about Trips getting overly enamored with his new shiny heel toy. Also between that and the men’s match seemingly being used to extend storylines instead of serving as a blowoff, you kind of start to wonder what the point of the whole exercise is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Aleister Black - "Creative has nothing for you which is in no way related to us being petty over your wife"

Now now, creative was already wasting Aleister Black before Zelina got fired

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The simple truth is that currently "creative" don't have anything for anyone. Which is why so many segments reoccur with different people on each show.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I feel like the 'kings' of NXT should have been on top a little while longer before losing a war games match

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Of all the geeks in that women's match they choose to pin the champion

IDontKnowWhatIExpected.gif

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Procrastinator posted:

if you look at things from the perspective of "what is the easiest way to set ourselves up to book more title matches on tv?", everything makes sense imo.

the women's champ got pinned, the tag champs got pinned, gargano won via nonsense so damien priest can justify another match, etc.

booking your PPV's as a way to get people to watch the tv show is what TNA would do during its worst era so this makes sense.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

mooseinfants posted:

I feel like the 'kings' of NXT should have been on top a little while longer before losing a war games match

Roddy finally got to win one tho

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Edward Mass posted:

He’s (supposedly) booked for ROH Final Battle.

I think hes also in impact he came back in july anyway and attacked Moose.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

Loved the video right up to the moment the canned,"THIS IS AWESOME!" chant started up out of nowhere.

Oh my God, just the way it starts up PERFECTLY on sync - no buildup, no needing a second or two to get the chant lined up - that physically made me wince.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CobiWann posted:

Oh my God, just the way it starts up PERFECTLY on sync - no buildup, no needing a second or two to get the chant lined up - that physically made me wince.

Like, they're not running house shows anymore, they already have all the Thunderdome footage locked in, they have access to all these chants etc... NOBODY has the time to work on it or is able to figure out that starting the sound file right on the first syllable and already in perfect unison is gonna sound weird?

Actually, let me rephrase that. I'm sure there are PLENTY of people there who know that, but none of them are the ones who get to make these decisions.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Dec 7, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's astounding how well NXT can build up stars just for them to go nowhere and sink down the cards just as fast. I'm starting to become a Shotzi fan now, if she manages to make it up to the main roster, well

Look at Ruby.

At the same time, amazing how many stars NXT gets handed who are already made and manage to do absolutely nothing with them. See: Io Shirai, who for the most part just flips off things and acts feral in her entrance.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Jerusalem posted:

Like, they're not running house shows anymore, they already have all the Thunderdome footage locked in, they have access to all these chants etc... NOBODY has the time to work on it or is able to figure out that starting the sound file right on the first syllable and already in perfect unison is gonna sound weird?

Actually, let me rephrase that. I'm sure there are PLENTY of people there who know that, but none of them are the ones who get to make these decisions.

Vince most likely personally approves every bit of footage and every chant that plays. The only reason we don't have massive "BA-RON COR-BIN" or "LA-CEY EV-ANS!" chants breaking out every episode is because they're still busy mixing together Vince saying those things dozens of times in different voices.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

A Fancy Hat posted:

Vince most likely personally approves every bit of footage and every chant that plays. The only reason we don't have massive "BA-RON COR-BIN" or "LA-CEY EV-ANS!" chants breaking out every episode is because they're still busy mixing together Vince saying those things dozens of times in different voices.

The best they can come up with is Lay-Cee Eh-Vince.

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/TheTreyMiguel/status/1335956757487771649?s=20

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lacks the wrestling passion. Sorry Trey, you just don’t have it.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I want to like Dexter Loomis’s gimmick, but it needs something still. “Dexter Morgan but a mute wrestler” isn’t quite good enough

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
We’ve already joked about Dexter Jettster so creative has nothing for him

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Why does Gargano have a Ghostface army? I know WWE has overdone the masked mobs/ninjas thing in general, but what is the justification for a goofy heel having a bunch of indiscriminate masked henchmen, let alone ones wearing Scream masks? Is there anything about his character that informs this?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I think it was originally just a Halloween Havok idea to cover for Indi Hartwell being out and they just kept doing it.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Thanks. That sounds about right. It just seems so...weird, even by WWE standards.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DeepDickPizza posted:

Why does Gargano have a Ghostface army? I know WWE has overdone the masked mobs/ninjas thing in general, but what is the justification for a goofy heel having a bunch of indiscriminate masked henchmen, let alone ones wearing Scream masks? Is there anything about his character that informs this?

My guess is that AEW has a faction of masked people and WWE are creatively bankrupt.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Shorty G's dad, Dan, was awarded the presidential medal of freedom today

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Reality Protester posted:

Shorty G's dad, Dan, was awarded the presidential medal of freedom today

I blame it on me being tired, but my first thought was that this was a Smacking Talk joke so I looked up Bryan lmao

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/localsoundwave/status/1335975332445302786

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Td2CTuiVY

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

tao of lmao posted:

I want to like Dexter Loomis’s gimmick, but it needs something still. “Dexter Morgan but a mute wrestler” isn’t quite good enough

The problem is:

He can't pull it off.
He's not a good wrestler.
And it doesn't help that he looks exactly like Ike from Tacoma FD.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The Dexter Lumis character would be so much better flipped. "creepy guy who does cartoons" doesn't work as well as "midway caricaturist who secretly messes people up"

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Becky Lynch has given birth

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIgpik4h7Pt/

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Roux. Luv 2 name my baby after a mixture of fat (especially butter) and flour used in making sauces

Edit: VV :hfive:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
^^^ I see someone had to google it as well

Kid's name is Roux? Roux Rollins?

Roux - a mixture of fat (especially butter) and flour used in making sauces.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

all these mfers name their kids food

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

Kid's name is Roux? Roux Rollins?

Roux - a mixture of fat (especially butter) and flour used in making sauces.

Roux Lopez, presumably

e: I guess one of them must be a huge chess fan

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 7, 2020

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Paying tribute to WCW legend Lash Leroux I see. Classy.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Julio Cruz posted:

Roux Lopez, presumably
Forgot wrestler name's aren't their real names.

But man Roux Rollins would be hilarious

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Julio Cruz posted:

Roux Lopez, presumably

Roux Lynch.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
sounds like a name that the kid may "Roux" in a few years. haha make sure to forward this post to six people or you'll have bad luck for the next 8 years

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Good thing the kid will be rich, because that is definitely not a name other kids will go easy on.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Name your pets food, not your kids, you idiot

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It’s short for Rouxgaroux.

An awesome spooky little monster from Cajun folklore. I grew up learning all about it and now, it has been reborn under the guise of a baby from THE MAN and THE KINGSLAYER

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rougarou

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

in order to become a pro wrestler you must swear to name your future children something dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

ICR posted:

It’s short for Rouxgaroux.

An awesome spooky little monster from Cajun folklore. I grew up learning all about it and now, it has been reborn under the guise of a baby from THE MAN and THE KINGSLAYER

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rougarou

The Rougarou is the worst ride at cedar point