Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

hoisted upon his own petard...... drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

I normally work from home in a basically completely unsupervised manner but on the 11th I have to ensure that the company passes a critical audit so no Cyberpunk for me until the weekend.

On the plus side it is a security audit to clear a hanger to contain secret military material. So given that we do in fact live in the lamest cyberpunk future I think I am actually one of the shithead corporate managers trying to make difficult the life of cyberpunks seeking to steal technology or do infiltrations? We have been literally planning access routes for armed response teams and how to pay for as few security cameras as possible.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

You don't have to buy it on GoG for the extra bonuses:

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1335917207562358785

The only thing GoG gets you is a 30% physical store discount

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Mad Wack posted:

if you go look on the game leaks reddit you can find tons of footage now - i think i've seen like 8 hrs of gameplay and i really like what im seeing

e: specifically this leak of three hours of ps5 gameplay is going around, it's before the day one patch obviously don't click it unless you want spoilers on the early game missions https://vod.bitwave.tv/replay/Carlos2077_replay_1607291500404.mp4

not super psyched that the one of the scenes I scanned to has an npc getting trapped ontop of a box and then it fuckin half life 2 gravity gun float glitches up into the ceiling

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Steam preloading is up.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
lets GO

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I'm cyber-downloading this game so cyber-quick right now :pram:

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Control Volume posted:

Lol if you play a straight V in this

:hmmyes:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

109MB/s thank you Steam. Only 10 minutes to download. Maybe I am better off not preloading.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Slumpy posted:

not super psyched that the one of the scenes I scanned to has an npc getting trapped ontop of a box and then it fuckin half life 2 gravity gun float glitches up into the ceiling

Bugs in a bootleg copy of a console game without the day 1 patch? :wotwot:

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Twerkdad posted:

You don't have to buy it on GoG for the extra bonuses:

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1335917207562358785

The only thing GoG gets you is a 30% physical store discount

Uhhhhh what are the in game rewards? This is the first I've heard of in-game anything from preorder or whatever

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Installing to my 970 evo Plus, hopefully my 2700x and this m.2 drive will mean decoding happens super fast :pray:

Release date now shows the 10th instead of the 9th though? It's 9th on the east coast according to GOG

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Whereyall think metacritic is gonna land

I'm guessing 93

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Slumpy posted:

In the scene where V buys the flathead mech a completely static NPC hovers the box over without touching it, sets the hoverbox on the table, and then bumps against it until it's in place before sliding away to the left, poppin up over the table as he goes. It's hilarious.

45:20 mark if you want a good laugh.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

black.lion posted:

Uhhhhh what are the in game rewards?

Uhhhhh A WITCHER SWORD IS ONE?!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Eason the Fifth posted:

I'm guessing 93

Not counting trolls and haters? 100.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Installing to my 970 evo Plus, hopefully my 2700x and this m.2 drive will mean decoding happens super fast :pray:

Release date now shows the 10th instead of the 9th though? It's 9th on the east coast according to GOG

PC release is same time, worldwide. So where ever you happen to be when it is 7pm on the East Coast on Dec 9th: the game will unlock on PC.

Eason the Fifth posted:

I'm guessing 93

Hypetrain this huge? >95.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

black.lion posted:

Uhhhhh what are the in game rewards? This is the first I've heard of in-game anything from preorder or whatever

Click the link, its cosmetic stuff like a jacket with the Witcher logo

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

GoG version comes with some extra goodies, no DRM and all the money goes directly to CDPR rather than Valve taking their complimentary 30%, if that's something you care about.

The Last Call posted:

You got an extra bonus item on GOG if you pre ordered, other than that more money go towards CPR if you buy on GOG than steam.

That is good to know for future reference. Thanks.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
This is going to take like a day for me to download, and that's if lucky. I hate being out in the sticks.

On the bright side, it means I get to kill my time with Hades.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Steam was giving me an error when attempting to preload. It was telling me that the install path (that I use for all my steam games) was invalid. Restarting Steam in admin mode then starting the download fixed that issue for me. Figured I share in case anyone else runs into this problem.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
steam is downloading only the english version so release day
unpack the game
install the day1 patch
download your particular supported language?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

has steam improved pre-load decrypting yet ? I haven't preloaded in years because games ¬30-40gigs were downloading faster but maybe that balance has shifted..

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Eason the Fifth posted:

I'm guessing 93

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1335947292810080256?s=20

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

Click the link, its cosmetic stuff like a jacket with the Witcher logo

Yeah, there are some jackets and shirts with the Witcher logo and a sword:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1335976007506006022?s=20

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eason the Fifth posted:

I'm guessing 93

More like 39! :owned:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

black.lion posted:

Uhhhhh A WITCHER SWORD IS ONE?!

Wind's howling.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol it took me a moment.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Twerkdad posted:

and a sword

but will the damage be affected by reflexes or body!??!

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

black.lion posted:

but will the damage be affected by reflexes or body!??!

Only one in the game that damage is based on penis choice.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Another game that launches its launcher from the launcher.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Well played

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Is there any mentions of katanas?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Eason the Fifth posted:

I'm guessing 93

The more hyped a game is, the bigger the backlash from bugs and other flaws. I give it 89.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Eason the Fifth posted:

I'm guessing 93

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Turin Turambar posted:

The more hyped a game is, the bigger the backlash from bugs and other flaws. I give it 89.

Not to mention bitter, whiny reviewers upset they didn't get a review copy early.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yeah that almost never happens, mega-overhyped games practically buy their own 90+ metacritic rating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The game without the day 1 patch is super buggy and glitchy. I am not surprised that I am now hearing that a lot of reviewers dont have the game yet.