Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Eason the Fifth posted:

Whereyall think metacritic is gonna land

I'm guessing 93

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
Gonna have to wait for reviewers in Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Nevada to report before we can call it

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I’m feeling 89 with a big split between insanely high reviews and mediocre reviews.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

GoG version comes with some extra goodies, no DRM and all the money goes directly to CDPR rather than Valve taking their complimentary 30%, if that's something you care about.

Holy poo poo @ 30%. That is insane. :stare:

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
I would cyber for a rtx 3080 right about now.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I'm going to bet some reviewers are going to be relatively harsh on the game for different reasons so the ratings will fall somewhere between mid/late 70's to around 87.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Witcher 3 has a 93.

Mass Effect 3 has a 93.

Bioshock Infinite has a 93.

Anything's possible, really.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
I expect review bombs from right wing guys mad at the SJW lib soycucks for making a snowflake gender game, and also review bombs from left wing pals for making a chud transphobic hate crime sim

But for professional reviews I'd say like, 9/10 on average

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

black.lion posted:

Uhhhhh what are the in game rewards? This is the first I've heard of in-game anything from preorder or whatever

You get Cyberpunk Ciri as a companion with a 20 hour storyline, no biggie.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m kind of laughing at all the people talking about taking work off and stuff, nothing wrong with that, I’m just in a weird situation where I’m gonna have to wait till later in the evening anyway because I have young children.

That said I probably could run it on a laptop using Geoforce now and it’s a lot easier...especially with the Safari support they added. Kind of wanna return the Xbox version, but I already did it once to get the 5,000 Microsoft Rewards points, and it feels kind of obnoxious to try and do again.

Still I can just try it out and if I like it return the Xbox version.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Anita Dickinme posted:

That’s the standard take outside of I guess the Epic store.

Also it goes down to 25 and then 20 as the game racks of revenue. This is almost certainly at or close to the 20% threshold.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Anita Dickinme posted:

That's what GOG takes from devs who they don't share ownership with. It's considered the standard cut.

I think Epic is undercutting that by only taking 10-20%?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watching the 3 hour leaked gameplay, and i'll say this about the combat: if you liked Deus Ex, especially the most recent games, you'll know what to expect here.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

Watching the 3 hour leaked gameplay, and i'll say this about the combat: if you liked Deus Ex, especially the most recent games, you'll know what to expect here.

:gritin:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Did a quick skim through the 3 hour leak and watched that scene with Stout interrogating you that was in the 48 minute preview, and a car explodes in the background without anyone reacting. Very GTA5.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Works for me.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Watching janky unpatched gameplay leaks on old gen consoles through compressed video streams full of macroblocking to own my own retinas.

Anasurimbur
Nov 18, 2010

SHODAN Processing Component 43893

ymgve posted:

That's a bit different though, since it doesn't imply any attraction on your part, just that you're good at convincing them.

Sure it does. Fallout's head-canon would have it absolutely leading toward attraction toward the opposite sex, and ability to attract the opposite sex. The perk toward females in Fallout is a literal double entendre with "lady-killer" implying someone who is both incredibly successful at attracting the opposite sex and someone who is, in Fallout perchance, more skilled at killing ladies.

That's just one example. There are several from pen and paper related games that have rules, feats or skills that act similarly in some way or another.

There's even an incredibly crappy film that has a somewhat similar application and implication - someone who was able to attract a lady and, subsequently, was attempting to kill them. It was released straight to DVD.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side

I said come in! posted:

How would I know what to expect when combat in Deus Ex consisted of 20+ hours of meticulous sneaking, dragging bodies into vents, and maybe about 3 minutes of shooting the final boss in the head over and over with a tranq rifle :confused:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Anita Dickinme posted:

Yeah a lot of people don't know how Steam works.

I tried suggesting people buy through GOG on the last thread and someone laughed at me :smith:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Can you drag to hide bodies in this?

e: damnit now my steam icon is yellow for the next 3 days because of unfinished download.
That irks me.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

How would I know what to expect when combat in Deus Ex consisted of 20+ hours of meticulous sneaking, dragging bodies into vents, and maybe about 3 minutes of shooting the final boss in the head over and over with a tranq rifle :confused:

Well, if you played before the Enhcnaed Edition or whatever it was called , you had to shoot at least 3 bosses.
Though honestly, 30% of my gametime was running around doing takedowns on EVERYONE.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Outstanding

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Wolfsheim posted:

Combat in Cyberpunk can consist of mostly the same things if you want, that's the point. Literally that.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Anasurimbur posted:

Sure it does. Fallout's head-canon would have it absolutely leading toward attraction toward the opposite sex, and ability to attract the opposite sex. The perk toward females in Fallout is a literal double entendre with "lady-killer" implying someone who is both incredibly successful at attracting the opposite sex and someone who is, in Fallout perchance, more skilled at killing ladies.

Being incredibly successful at attracting the opposite sex does not mean you are attracted to the opposite sex. I would have preferred the NV perks to be pure "additional dialog options and romances" and not the "extra damage" stuff.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

WTF the download on PS4 is 102 gigs

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ymgve posted:

Being incredibly successful at attracting the opposite sex does not mean you are attracted to the opposite sex. I would have preferred the NV perks to be pure "additional dialog options and romances" and not the "extra damage" stuff.

weird hangup

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In New Vegas the perks are called Confirmed Bachelor and Cherchez La Femme.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

You're in luck cause you can do that here too. :unsmith:

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah a lot of people don't know how Steam works.

I tried suggesting people buy through GOG on the last thread and someone laughed at me :smith:

don't wanna break tradition so LOL

Oh no they are only gonna make a few billion instead of a few billion plus my other $20

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Anita Dickinme posted:

I mean, how much did you think brick and mortar retailers took? Pretty sure it was also 30%.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Is it really weird to have hangups about something that mixes sexual attraction with violence?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I said come in! posted:

Hot diggity that's good enough for me!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

OgNar posted:

Can you drag to hide bodies in this?

I *think* so but can't 100% confirm I think I saw a perk on one of the "leaked" skill tree screenshots involving "able to do X while carrying a body" but that could be BS

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Qmass posted:

PlayStation 4 file structure is really bad. Basically it creates a new partition for each game, and does this again when a game is updated, and then deletes the old partition. This makes it very safe though in case of corrupted files, but the chances of that happen are extremely rare, so its not really a good trade off.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side

Zaphod42 posted:

Combat in Cyberpunk can consist of mostly the same things if you want, that's the point. Literally that.

Really, though? I assumed this was more of a 'light stealth but you still get into a lot of mandatory combat' type deal and not a 'you can literally ghost every encounter' game. I mean I'd love to be wrong because I loved the flow of DXHR and DXMD stealth but this doesn't appear to be that.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Anita Dickinme posted:

To be fair, they changed it so after the first $50M it was only 20% or something like that. Indies? gently caress them! Valve is pretty cyber-corpo in that.

Wicked Them Beats posted:

That's what GOG takes from devs who they don't share ownership with. It's considered the standard cut.

I think Epic is undercutting that by only taking 10-20%?

12%, and "free" engine if you use UE4.0 (usually is 5% of the game revenue).

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Qmass posted:

PS file system requires double the space of the game for all installs and updates and then deletes the second half after it's been this way since at least PS3.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Qmass posted:

That's with the patch to fix all the issues that some people said were in the base versions of the game. It's why the game got delayed twice, it was ready to go in March, the PC version anyways, it took more time to tackle some of the issues that were frequent on the consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ymgve posted:

Is it really weird to have hangupsabout something that mixes sexual attraction with violence?

yeah. the point of it is just the pun and adding two functionalities into the same perk. not really a big deal