Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

sean10mm posted:

This is viewing New Vegas with rose tinted glasses the thickness of cinder blocks lol

I assume you have watched some of the 2077 videos?

On to a completely unrelated matter - have any of you bought it on GOG via third party resellers? Did they already give out codes to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Zokari posted:

A game doesn't get repeatedly delayed because things are going well.

Delays almost always result in a game being a superior product however, which means CP2077 was even buggier a month ago.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

Kingdom Come Deliverance was an amazing game, and it was pretty much the poster child for eurojank.
Yep, and I loving loved that game.
Similar situation with X4 - Janky as gently caress, but I played over 200 hours of it and plan to jump back in a few expansions from now.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

sean10mm posted:

This is viewing New Vegas with rose tinted glasses the thickness of cinder blocks lol

Yeah, while NV is probably in my top 5 games of all time, it was also borderline unplayable when it launched

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hell yeah!

https://twitter.com/cyberpunkgame/status/1335980827222695936?s=21

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Starks posted:

Is it bad to like good bread?

Bread makes you fat.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Pylons posted:

Have any reviews mentioned serious, show-stopping, save ruining bugs? I can deal with reloading saves because something didn't trigger right or whatever.

Yea, there's a difference between "lol that guy clipped through the car because the doors didn't open" or "Haha that model just phys-glitched across the room" VS "Oh, another crash to desktop" or "COOL my save file got corrupted" like AC:V was exhibiting.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

Kingdom Come Deliverance was an amazing game, and it was pretty much the poster child for eurojank.

The poster child or Eurojank is Gothic. Elex for modern times. Or Kingmaker that could not reach endgame state for 2 months.
Though the Rattay spear factory is still one of the most hilarious bugs that can crush a game to a halt this decade.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Sab669 posted:

Yea, there's a difference between "lol that guy clipped through the car because the doors didn't open" or "Haha that model just phys-glitched across the room" VS "Oh, another crash to desktop" or "COOL my save file got corrupted" like AC:V was exhibiting.
What about console-bricking games like the spiderman game?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Delays almost always result in a game being a superior product however, which means CP2077 was even buggier a month ago.

*Old man cough*

Have you ever heard of Duke Nukem Forever, sonny jim?

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
I don't know what it means when theres too much poo poo "you can do thats not important to the story"

does that mean like, sure you can play yakuza 0 and not do the dancing and karaoke or is it like "you can collect coins that unlock an achievement". because 1 is fun and has songs that i listen to while looking at hentai to immerse myself, the other is for the dopamine "ding" sound that i dont care about cuz i dont have a functioning chemical maker

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sab669 posted:

Oh that bug was even better than that. Saves weren't being corrupted, the game was reading good saves as corrupt.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Also cod Cold War.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CRAYON posted:

I love Jeff Gerstmann. It's amazing how the man can just say words about a thing and people translate it into scathing hate.

Wish I had that power.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I'm glad I had enough junk lying around in my Steam inventory to sell so I didn't have to spend any real money on CP2077 in the unsurprisingly buggy release state. Otherwise I probably would have done the usual trick of waiting 6-12 months for it to go on sale, then buy it once most major bugs have been dealt with.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Didn't hear about that, yikes.

Aphrodite posted:

Oh that bug was even better than that. Saves weren't being corrupted, the game was reading good saves as corrupt.

That's dumb but isn't that better? Then once they fix the game you get your save back. Fortunately I had no problems with the game in the 40 hours I put into it before getting bored.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Lol Denuvo on GOG for the review copies

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Wake me up for unedited gameplay footage.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Slumpy posted:

I don't know what it means when theres too much poo poo "you can do thats not important to the story"

That's like - 2/3rds of TW3.

I still loved the poo poo out of that game

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Slumpy posted:

does that mean like, sure you can play yakuza 0 and not do the dancing and karaoke or is it like "you can collect coins that unlock an achievement". because 1 is fun and has songs that i listen to while looking at hentai to immerse myself, the other is for the dopamine "ding" sound that i dont care about cuz i dont have a functioning chemical maker
That's always going to be a question that pre-/around-launch game reviewers cannot answer, because their deadlines simply don't allow for it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

itry posted:

Wake me up for unedited gameplay footage.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ZeeBoi posted:

Lol Denuvo on GOG for the review copies
Link? Because that's loving hilarious.

Deadreak
Jul 16, 2004

Я никому не хочу 
I think I will pass time until Thursday reading cyberpunk subreddit meltdown.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

NSFW https://www.mmgnews.com/dildos-are-everywhere-in-cyberpunk-2077/

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

TCD posted:

That's like - 2/3rds of TW3.

I still loved the poo poo out of that game

Everybody did, that’s why a lot of content criticism is falling on deaf ears to me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is the stream

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1335991102696919045?s=20

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Jeff G just mentioned it on the Giant Bomb stream

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Jeff just said it’s never crashed to desktop for him, at least

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

turns out that forcing your dev team to "crunch" for months at a time might be a bad strategy huh

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

hobbesmaster posted:

Not sure why you spoilered that part of the review, but if they played Cyberpunk 2020/red like that they really missed out. The "life path" system which the 3 separate origins is supposed to emulate is one of the niftier parts of the pen and paper game and potentially forces you to think about your character a little bit more as you have to adapt to whatever changes to the background the dice give you.

This is the start of a cyberpunk red campaign a bunch of esports casters have been running, I've timestamped where they start rolling for lifepath background and events, some end up changing their initial character idea pretty significantly. Back up from the beginning if you like. Its a fun campaign to watch, sideshow basically has wisdom as a dump stat in real life so its always entertaining. :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrFVYAnqVug&t=1813s

To be nice? None of this qualifies as spoilers but the Games mod asked people to spoil tag everything so I was trying to accommodate.

If that's how you played Cyberpunk 2020/red I think you missed out. The whole point of tabletop is being able to roleplay anything, not just the 3 dialogue choices given to you by the computer game.

The life paths in Cyberpunk 2077 do not change these aspects of the game, that's the point. You're correcting me but you seem to be uninformed about the very thing you're correcting me on. The pen and paper also doesn't have the life paths that 2077 has, it has different classes which 2077 doesn't have.

But you're really not understanding the complaint it seems like. The issue is No matter how you head-cannon your character, what dialogue choices you pick in side quests, or which life path you pick, there are certain points in the main game story where you're talking to Silverhand and you will always say the same thing, every single person who plays 2077 will say the same thing in those moments, and unfortunately the attitude that V has is not one that will match how everybody was playing their character up to that point

Get it?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The real test is how someone's CP2077 score correlates to what they said about The Outer Worlds.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

watch this game get banned off Twitch because of too much NSFW content

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Seems like decent campaign will take 55-60 hours, with a lot of replayability. RTX seems to murder performance, will probably limit/turn off on my poor obsolete 2080.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ymgve posted:

watch this game get banned off Twitch because of too much NSFW content

If that happens, it’ll be like 2 weeks from now after all the big streamers play it and the zeitgeist passes.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The main takeaway for companies lately is to just do whatever you want because people are gonna flip the gently caress out regardless.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

This loving creases me because there's clearly a lot of different varieties there and they are all so. meticulously. detailed. and lovingly crafted.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Supposedly many of these technical issues I encountered on PC—I cannot speak to console performance—will be solved with a "day one" patch, but the build I played was in a shocking state, and when you consider that the developer admitted back in January of 2020 that they would need to start extending workers' hours, the ubiquity of bugs and glitches testify to Cyberpunk 2077's troubled and ongoing development. After five years in development, almost a decade since the project was announced, and multiple delays (including a last minute retreat from its original fall release date), Cyberpunk 2077 still arrives as a game that feels like it is being held together with duct tape.

even your cherry picked review brings it up

Not really sure what you’re trying to say here? I’m not ignoring reviews saying there are technical problems. I accepted a long time ago that the game will probably be replete with them. I just generally don’t mind so long as it’s not outright crashing or losing progress.

I’m just interested in this review because I know the reviewer’s tastes pretty well and this wasn’t really what I expected from him.

Anno fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 7, 2020

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Lol dildos! This is a joke that will surely stay funny for all 100 hours of gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

sean10mm posted:

The real test is how someone's CP2077 score correlates to what they said about The Outer Worlds.

This - TOW was called a "masterpiece" by some and it was the most soulless cardboard feeling game I've played in awhile