Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

Disliking eurojank is at least as much of a sign of sickness of the soul as liking outer worlds
the guy you've been posting about didnt even like outer worlds by the end of playing it, he just had a positive impression in the first couple hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Unknown, but apparently ~unrelated~ sidequests have a pretty big effect on the endings: IGN reviewer said he beelined the main quest in twenty hours and got three endings. Went back to a save file before the Point of No Return, played twice as long, redid the ending, and had seven new endings...

They also mentioned certain decisions locking out quests: his "favorite" quest in the game was never offered to another reviewer who had made a different decision.

Looks like lots of reactivity and replayability, but it can be hard to tell what does and does not affect the outcome so completionists get ready for FOMO. :sweatdrop:

FOMO about different endings is real. I might end up looking for a spoiler free guide on which quests affect endings if it isn't immediately clear.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

strong bird posted:

can someone who has preordered and is excited for this game please explain why this webm does not temper your expectations? its not the floating guy, though thats extremely egregious even for a review copy- the combat looks like it was just patched in 2 days ago. the animations are awful and the AI is seriously sub-mount and blade, where at least they understand the range of their weapons. after pinging the guy in the head with a rifle for an entire magazine for what looks like 20% damage, the guy then just pulls out a pistol and 4 shots the player. i urgently need to know why anyone interested in the setting or the universe or whatever wouldnt just read the book that apparently exists

https://puu.sh/GV878/5d338fa574.webm

please. im 100% not trolling and i must know the answer.

I just like to dick around on the weekends with games I might have interesting. Hth.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

even if hes using Hover Boots why would the game tell him to use them when hes attacking in melee in rough terrain? why would he even attack in melee when he has a gun that does 25% of the players health and the player backpetaling is outrunning him at full sprint because the god awful canned animations are 3 seconds long?

yeah just a few minor glaring flaws, like the entirety of the combat, animation and AI systems. i exit this thread more confused and bewildered than when i enter it but i wish all product lovers the absolute very best, and i mean it

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

No Mods No Masters posted:

Disliking eurojank is at least as much of a sign of sickness of the soul as liking outer worlds

All interviews should start with the question:

"Tell me your views on E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy."

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
Much content about getting stronk with implants.... seems gud. But what if I wanted .... to go fast? Wonder how fast and quick and blinding speed I could get?? I actually would love being able to run down someone's car T2000 style hahahaha

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Endorph posted:

the guy you've been posting about didnt even like outer worlds by the end of playing it, he just had a positive impression in the first couple hours

No, I understand he actually doesn't seem to like any RPGs. I just went on a side track thinking about the outer worlds because I dislike it OP

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Traxis posted:

None I'm gonna rock the Johnny Mnemonic laser whip

I was gonna go gorilla arms, but god drat this and a katana + pistol are what I want!

CyberWeeb 2077

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

CottonWolf posted:

I loved S.T.A.L.K.E.R but E.Y.E. was a step too far for me. Would I pass the interview?

In other news, the Ign review notes at least 6 different ending in the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

There are lots of things to read related to Cyberpunk, including a pile of sourcebooks you can get cheap from Humble right now.

No like stories, but its all rulebooks, and Gamemaster stuff.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

CottonWolf posted:

A better one would be "Tell me your views on Gothic"

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
I guess this is a safer bet than trying to run this thing on my old GTX 970?
https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGFN/status/1336004705898663939?s=20

PerilPastry fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 7, 2020

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Seriously though I'm looking forward to a release-week ultra buggy runthrough plus multiple other runs later on after a few patches and expansions

This has been my go-to experience with AAA rpgs since morrowind and I'll be god damned if this game breaks that tradition

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

strong bird posted:

even if hes using Hover Boots why would the game tell him to use them when hes attacking in melee in rough terrain? why would he even attack in melee when he has a gun that does 25% of the players health and the player backpetaling is outrunning him at full sprint because the god awful canned animations are 3 seconds long?

yeah just a few minor glaring flaws, like the entirety of the combat, animation and AI systems. i exit this thread more confused and bewildered than when i enter it but i wish all product lovers the absolute very best, and i mean it

He is using hover boots and who are we to judge his actions? We haven't lived his life. We don't know his motivations. Maybe he swore to beat V to death with his bare hands.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

like 5 people have played this game though lol

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Meanwhile, in good video games

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RequiredSnarlingIzuthrush-mobile.mp4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PerilPastry posted:

I guess this is a safer bet than trying to run this thing on my old GTX 9700?
https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGFN/status/1336004705898663939?s=20

Yes, you won't be able to play CP77 on that card.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I will use exactly one pistol like all the best sci fi characters played by Harrison Ford, and maybe some that aren't played by him. I also hope the game gives me the ability to summon pigeons on demand. Not to fight anyone, but so they can fly around dramatically.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Norns posted:

Cyberpunk RED is also available now. I've been slowly reading the PDF of the core book. Lots of fun lore stuff.

I ordered the hardback and am supposed to get a PDF code with it, but it hasn’t arrived yet from the distributor or some such nonsense.

Double-dipping some more money toward R Talsorian wouldn’t even be the third-dumbest financial decision I’ve made this month, though, and it’s tempting...

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

That's just because Roach never skipped arm day. He runs better like that.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I know at least 2 of them, including myself.

Earl Chestnuts
Feb 19, 2013

strong bird posted:

https://puu.sh/GV878/5d338fa574.webm

please. im 100% not trolling and i must know the answer.

I’ve played VTM:B

This is nothing

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Geforce Now announcement doesnt mention frame rate or resolution, but does say the game plays with Raytracing on.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Who's GMing the thread cyberpunk red campaign

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Man I really do need to pick up The Pathless

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I said come in! posted:

Got to weed out the chaff.

Turin Turambar posted:

I loved S.T.A.L.K.E.R but E.Y.E. was a step too far for me. Would I pass the interview?

I'll allow it.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Chalks posted:

Meanwhile, in good video games

People always make fun of Roach on Internet but I played 180 hours of TW3 and never had errors like that.

also, a thought: how the hell CDPR intended to release the game, originally, on April 16th 2020???

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
The shitposting around skyrim was so egregious SA had to make a whole subforum for the game

Despite our largely reduced population I want the same experience for 2077 for nostalgia purposes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

EYE Divine Cybermancy player #3 checking in

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Here is my Cyberpunk 2077 pre-release review:

I can understand why some people could be turned off by aspects of the game. I’m still going to play of because none of the problems or issues are things that bother me personally. A large percentage of CP2077 fans are complete trash but so is every fandom. Many reviewers are bad at writing proper critiques because many in video game press don’t actually have a proper background in critical analysis.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eason the Fifth posted:

The shitposting around skyrim was so egregious SA had to make a whole subforum for the game

Despite our largely reduced population I want the same experience for 2077 for nostalgia purposes

I hope Todd Howards next game is banned on SA.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Playing through AC Valhalla when it was buggy and you could jump off a cliff as long as you pressed R2 before you landed. Playing games with dumb bugs like that is fun sometimes.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I said come in! posted:

No like stories, but its all rulebooks, and Gamemaster stuff.

Oh, yeah, you make the stories! (Which you can certainly do by yourself for safety these days, and tbqh I am not so enamoured of the original CP2020/Interlock mechanics that I could endorse tying all your fun to them.)

Hardwired is pretty close to a Cyberpunk novel, though the arrow of causality points from novel to game, unlike the 40K novels or whatever.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

I ordered the hardback and am supposed to get a PDF code with it, but it hasn’t arrived yet from the distributor or some such nonsense.

Double-dipping some more money toward R Talsorian wouldn’t even be the third-dumbest financial decision I’ve made this month, though, and it’s tempting...

I bought the core Red rule book directly from r. talsorian, and it shipped FAST. No PDF, though.

Edit: there is also narrative fiction in the core rule book. Not a ton of it, but it’s there.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Yes, you won't be able to play CP77 on that card.

meant to say GTX 970, but yeah I'm still not optimistic

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Last Call posted:

Casting magic missile in the sequel always caused the game to crash.

Integrity? He's a chud, so is his brother who runs a channel that targets chuds.

In short, gently caress'em.

From pages ago, but wtf happened with SkillUp? Did he out himself as a chud? I generally liked his reviews, but gently caress him if it's true.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Many reviewers are bad at writing proper critiques because many in video game press don’t actually have a proper background in critical analysis.

how dare you imply game reviewers are not very good writers

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Funky See Funky Do posted:

He is using hover boots and who are we to judge his actions? We haven't lived his life. We don't know his motivations. Maybe he swore to beat V to death with his bare hands.

I mean the rifle rounds are doing piss damage to him ofc it takes a lil bit to make him switch to ranged. Hating on his tactics even though he kills annoying upstart "V" easily smh

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

PerilPastry posted:

meant to say GTX 970, but yeah I'm still not optimistic

That's what I'm gonna try and run it on! We'll see, I imagine there will be graphical settings where it's playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Maybe it's just a human levitation spell that the player can learn later on in the game but the horse runs on 4 legs instead so it's actually realistically influencing its physics-based animations. Ever think about that?