Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

this remains one of the worst movies I've ever watched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
lord, it was not good

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Roosevelt posted:

anthony hopkins is a phenomenal actor

pyf anthony hopkins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2h8eM-GhGY&t=135s

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

lord, it was not good

the only redeeming quality was my friend who worked at the theater let us in the side door and we had a couple sixers of mickey's big mouth. if I had paid my hard earned teenage dollars to see it I would have been super mad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

qirex posted:

this remains one of the worst movies I've ever watched
i'd never heard of it befrore now, i guess it was about when your parents are gonna be away all day

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

i guess so yeah
the picture on the left is re-graded to be very green, so now it looks like it's in the matrix. that's it. that's the joke.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
quick search suggests anthony hopkins was in Noah

which is a phenomenal film for using old school drugs to watch

like sand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0jY-kJn-Xw

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Antony Starr is so freaking good as Homelander

e: and Laz Alonso is freaking awesome too

e2: holy poo poo and Giancarlo Esposito

indigi fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 8, 2020

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

free jack is a far more enjoyable movie than rogue one

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Chris Knight posted:

the picture on the left is re-graded to be very green, so now it looks like it's in the matrix. that's it. that's the joke.

i was thinking there was some plot point that could secretly tie in to the matrix or something and i completely forgot about it because it'd been so long since i'd seen it. thanks for explaining.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/charlizeafrica/status/1336122864861282306?s=21

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i would definitely watch this

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

isn't that kind of Atomic Blonde

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
we’re officially 1/3 through the final season of sopranos. the lols are fewer and farther between but tony and janice are some of the best boomer depictions i’ve ever seen

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m trying to read Revenger and the author just dumped 5 new characters on me and I am very tired

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

I’m trying to read Revenger and the author just dumped 5 new characters on me and I am very tired

lol "revenger"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM33Hr94SKw

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

indigi posted:

isn't that kind of Atomic Blonde

not really

Atomic Blonde has more in common with Man From U.N.C.L.E

When I saw that tweet I immediately envisioned a remake of Die Hard 1 with Theron instead of Willis and just about everything else being the same.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Silver Alicorn posted:

I seem to remember it being a bit confusing for the first half or third but the picking up. never got round to reading the 3rd one actually.

also yes "revenger" is a terrible title for a book I don't know wtf Reynolds was thinking

mystes
May 31, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

Read House of Suns if you haven't. It's his best book, IMO.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I seem to remember it being a bit confusing for the first half or third but the picking up. never got round to reading the 3rd one actually.

also yes "revenger" is a terrible title for a book I don't know wtf Reynolds was thinking

i've had that book on my kindle for a year now. every time i see the length indicator i just start reading something else

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

House of Suns is so good it tricked me into reading 6 of his other books (which were, like, fine)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

mystes posted:

if that’s his best book I don’t think I really want to deal with his others

it was a provocative book but his characters are so wooden

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The Fool posted:

When I saw that tweet I immediately envisioned a remake of Die Hard 1 with Theron instead of Willis and just about everything else being the same.

one problem i see with this is that charlize theron has feet

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
right, so keep tarantino away

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

infernal machines posted:

i've had that book on my kindle for a year now. every time i see the length indicator i just start reading something else

lmao that is nothing compared to his others

mystes posted:

I actually think Chasm City might be his best even if it really could have done with cutting down a bit and had a bit too much stuff thrown in. House of Suns was good though.

edit: actually maybe I prefer the one after chasm City with the triumvir

I definitely do not recommend the series with the talking elephants, there were some good ideas in it but the characters were uniformly irritating, including the elephants

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 9, 2020

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lmao that is nothing compared to his others

I actually think Chasm City might be his best even if it really could have done with cutting down a bit and had a bit too much stuff thrown in. House of Suns was good though.

edit: actually maybe I prefer the one after chasm City with the triumvir

I definitely do not recommend the series with the talking elephants, there were some good ideas in it but the characters were uniformly irritating, including the elephants

i've read everything he's written except for revenger.

i wasn't a huge fan of the poseidon's children series either. the more recent prefect dreyfus books set in the glitter belt were probably the most fun of all of them imo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

infernal machines posted:

I feel this way about Alan Moore's Jerusalem. I found a hard copy at a thrift store a couple of years ago and it literally weighs as much as a brick.

AnimeIsTrash fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 10, 2020

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

eh I thought the Poseidon's Children books were fun.

Karl Urban is the freaking man

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
grogu

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
I decided to read lord of the rings again for the first time since I was 12 and wow Sam is just explicitly Frodo’s manservant. not an original take I’m sure, but I missed all the class stuff reading it whilst being a child.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
goongas

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/ursulaleguin/status/1336401455582994436

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

didn’t she pass away?

that’s the joke isn’t it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

👏 more 👏 dead 👏 sf 👏 author 👏 influencers 👏

next up here's kurt vonnegut to tell us about OneBlade razors

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Phillip K Dick’s Top 15 IoT gifts for the Holidays

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ursula K. Leggins

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

Ursula K. Leggins

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

Ursula K. Leggins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

Ursula K. Leggins