Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

let the anger flow through your salt beef filling
Since when was SA all chuds this and chuds that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Any more posting about posting or lovely snipes after this are getting probated.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The Grumbles posted:

this is a chud question

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

The Grumbles posted:

American culture is real wild rn but it's good that SA has had a turn to the left over the years. the TLOU2 thread was abysmal, though

e: didn't see your post, snu

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The Grumbles posted:

Chuds drool

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Shammypants posted:

Chuds drool

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Any more posting about posting or lovely snipes after this are getting probated.

Can we somehow make this thread yellow. Can jeffrey make that happen

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this thread is insanely bad to read please do better

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Can we somehow make this thread yellow. Can jeffrey make that happen

If you bookmark it and then use the bookmark thread highlighting option you can make it yellow yourself

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

American culture is real wild rn but it's good that SA has had a turn to the left over the years. the TLOU2 thread was abysmal, though

Libertarian/Capitalist with a bunch of republicans SA were some dark times in the forums.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

my steam icon is back to normal now did cdpr cancel the game

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
I haven't read anything about Cyberpunk apart from the early trailers to try and avoid spoilers. Thought I'd drop in on the thread and see how excited everyone is since I just pre-ordered it and whoo boy.

The gameplay looks pretty fun and I guess the story will be well done if it's anything like the witcher. It certainly looks good and I'm still excited. That's my pre-review. I'm gonna hold off on complaining until I've tried it.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Celexi posted:

Libertarian/Capitalist with a bunch of republicans SA were some dark times in the forums.

The last real conservative on the forum spent his dying days trying to argue climate change didn't exist and was also good

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

eonwe posted:

this thread is insanely bad to read please do better

be the change you wish to see in the world

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i th ink i finally decided to Street kid

when I think of a cyberpunk experience, im usually thinking of that type of person

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Kotaku has a review in progress up that I think is actually quite well done - having skimmed a bunch of other stuff, I think this really captures a lot of substantive critique of the game while also acknowledging what the game does well. Doesn't really talk about the technical issues others have mentioned, so if you take that as kind of an issue a priori this does a really good job of focusing in on the game itself.

https://kotaku.com/30-hours-with-cyberpunk-2077-brings-mixed-feelings-1845824151

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

eonwe posted:

i th ink i finally decided to Street kid

when I think of a cyberpunk experience, im usually thinking of that type of person

good call, welcome to the gang

too many corpos in this thread

VanillaGorilla posted:

Kotaku has a review in progress up that I think is actually quite well done - having skimmed a bunch of other stuff, I think this really captures a lot of substantive critique of the game while also acknowledging what the game does well. Doesn't really talk about the technical issues others have mentioned, so if you take that as kind of an issue a priori this does a really good job of focusing in on the game itself.

https://kotaku.com/30-hours-with-cyberpunk-2077-brings-mixed-feelings-1845824151

Its very long-winded and somewhat exhausting to read, but it does do a pretty good job of criticizing things but not getting too unreasonable.

Course it also sounds like much of it is just not his cup of tea. He hates numbers games apparently, so the RPG side of things are all complaints but... those things sound great to me.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So on a scale of 1-10, how cyberpunk is it to use a vpn to buy this game off gog for cheap

hacking a megacorp so you can give them money doesn't seem very cyberpunk to me

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

maybe if you had pulled yourself up by your bootstraps you coulda been a corpo too.

Keep at it street kid smh

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Zaphod42 posted:

seems pretty balanced in the poll...

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Dating spoilers Sounds like you might have to be a street kid to romance judy. P persuasive for street kid if true

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 8, 2020

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

Dating spoilers Sounds like people aren't sure if you have to be a street kid to romance judy. P persuasive for street kid if true

If romance exclusives decided my background, I'd be a nomad in a heartbeat.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Its very long-winded and somewhat exhausting to read, but it does do a pretty good job of criticizing things but not getting too unreasonable.

Course it also sounds like much of it is just not his cup of tea. He hates numbers games apparently, so the RPG side of things are all complaints but... those things sound great to me.

I have sinned in this thread, but I will be joining as a street kid as well. Excited for when I play on Saturday (I pre ordered but have work deadlines I can't ignore).

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

I'm going corpo with the full expectation that I will be able to betray and gently caress them over and get a cool ending based on that.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://i.redd.it/aktfeupu7u361.jpg

It's the user agreement with a bit of Cyberpunk 2077 flair.

Was going to post that as an image but it would have taken up the whole screen.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

This review seemed fairly even handed with the game is buggy, solid but not brilliant writing, and lots of rpg stuff to chew into. It doesn't sound like the game is at proper eurojank levels (like Gothic) but maybe a little worse than a Bethesda game at release?

Sad the embargo on review footage means we still don't have any RTX on/off comparisons but from the Toms Hardware article it doesn't like any of us with < $1k video cards are gonna have it on anyway.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Last Call posted:

Was going to post that as an image but it would have taken up the whole screen.

SA pro tip: replace the img tag with a timg tag and it'll make a thumbnail link :)

Like so

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Zaphod42 posted:

SA pro tip: replace the img tag with a timg tag and it'll make a thumbnail link :)

Like so

I bow in reverence to thy wisdom and knowledge.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

FuzzySlippers posted:

This review seemed fairly even handed with the game is buggy, solid but not brilliant writing, and lots of rpg stuff to chew into. It doesn't sound like the game is at proper eurojank levels (like Gothic) but maybe a little worse than a Bethesda game at release?

From skimming the review it sounds like the writing for the sidequests is stronger than the main story, which (for me anyway) is how it was in Witcher 3 so that sounds fine with me.

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/user-agreement/

Has the whole text of the User Agreement.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Butternubs posted:

I haven't read anything about Cyberpunk apart from the early trailers to try and avoid spoilers. Thought I'd drop in on the thread and see how excited everyone is since I just pre-ordered it and whoo boy.

The gameplay looks pretty fun and I guess the story will be well done if it's anything like the witcher. It certainly looks good and I'm still excited. That's my pre-review. I'm gonna hold off on complaining until I've tried it.

it's going to be good* but both sides of the internet's loudest sectors are upset about it and are frantically trying to make people agree with them (but not the people on the otherside of the horseshoe who are equally upset about the game but for the opposite reasons) while shouting OH NO NONONONONONO

*if you're on PC

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I’m reading the Cyberpunk RED PDF to pass the time and it is a remarkably thoughtfully made document. Lots of internal hyperlinks to let you flip around it quickly and easily. Opening section gives some insight into key moments in Silverhand’s life. Maybe some hints of what’s to come in the game. Maybe even spoilers if you want to enter totally ignorant of Silverhand’s past.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

VanillaGorilla posted:

I feel like a non-zero amount of that review (and most reviews I've skimmed tbh) are annoyed that V isn't as strong a character as Geralt which... I mean, yeah?

V is a malleable character, your avatar and etc. Geralt is someone who has had three games and eight - geez eight calm down dude - books to his name for definition and relationships, as well as being a fairly set character even if you can make choices. W3 is a stronger story because it's the tale of a dad going where the gently caress IS MY DAUGHTER but he is fighting time traveling dudes so he doesn't really have to hurry, which... while I am sure whatever premise cyberdunk is based around is okay, not really fair to compare it to that.

compare it instead to skyrim, that has great writing right heh gottem

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Turk posted:

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/user-agreement/

Has the whole text of the User Agreement.

wtf

quote:

12.3 BODY PARTS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL CD PROJEKT RED AND ITS AFFILIATES’, PARTNERS’ AND LICENSORS’ HARVEST YOUR VITAL ORGANS WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN OR VERBAL CONSENT.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The yellow Steam icon is really throwing me off. I keep thinking Windows is warning me about a program hanging.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Are there any more benchmarks than the Tom's Hardware one? My wife has a 1070 in her computer and pondering whether she should get it on PC or for the PS4 Pro. It's a shame we don't have any final word on the PS4 performance.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

compare it instead to skyrim, that has great writing right heh gottem

:lol:

FuzzySlippers posted:

Are there any more benchmarks than the Tom's Hardware one? My wife has a 1070 in her computer and pondering whether she should get it on PC or for the PS4 Pro. It's a shame we don't have any final word on the PS4 performance.

If there were they'd have the same results or wouldn't really tell us much more. Performance could presumably increase between removing Denuvo and adding a patch, but... how much is anybody's guess.

You could get on GOG and refund if the performance is too bad, GOG's policy is really forgiving. Or you'll have to wait and see the reports on Wednesday.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Tom didn't benchmark that many cards. Like the 1060 performance was bad, but there is a fair jump to 1070. Also the only 2x series card they benchmarked was the 2060

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

The Grumbles posted:

My Star Wars Galaxies clan from 15 years ago was CHUD which I am sure will lead to my immediate CANCELLATION should I ever rise to any prominence in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

stev posted:

Your character is Ellie, Joel is your character in a different game. You're playing as Ellie when Joel is killed. Also Joel was a piece of poo poo.

And the game doesn't expect you to 'bond' with Abby, it just explores who she is and why she did what she did. Both her and Ellie do brutal, disgusting, hosed up things and lose all sight of who they are or what they're actually fighting for.
It's a real good game.

It might be a good story. But it’s the exact same game Naughty Dog has made since Uncharted. Goddamn learn how to make a new combat style. It’s so tedious and repetitive.