Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Iirc the limit on event triboost food is 2 hours.
I remember on JP i had an alt that was neglected enough that when the 6th anniversary came (with their donuts for the boost food) he still had 5th anniversary donuts in his boost panel.

No I couldn't double up with both donuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
oh yeah, I'm fine with them removing Just Attacks/Perfect Attacks in NGS because they've kinda found other ways to make your inputs meaningful while discouraging raw mashing.

A couple examples:
Summoner: If you just hold basic attack, your pet just repeats the weak first hit of their basic combo. You gotta just press it once and let the pet do the combo on it's own (unless it's cery/popple/redran/herbie, they don't have a combo and are faster if you are holding the button) Most pet PAs have backloaded damage and a cancel window before that, so if you're just mashing the PA button, you'll just cancel the move before the main chunk of damage comes out.
Etoile: Double saber basic attacks consuming gear if you hold the basic attack button any longer than a tap, double saber PAs skipping their first half if you are not holding any directional inputs.
Luster: PAs change based on directional input AND if you are holding the button any longer than a tap.

From what it looks like, movesets in NGS are going to follow these sorts of patterns, so Just/Perfect Attacks on top of all that are more of a liability than anything.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Got an in game email that said “you have left your alliance”, which I didn’t to my knowledge (not goon alliance, I’m on ship 4).

I assume this means I was removed? Probably for not interacting with them much. Been more of a solo player trying to get stuff done.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I just made the mistake of looking up what it takes to get a 15* weapon and it looks like you get a bunch of 13* stuff, upgrade them with various items after you +35 them, then combine several to make a 14* that you combine with another 14* and a big pile of excubes? :psyduck:

...assuming it'll even be relevant after ep6 hits since I imagine that'll have its own new poo poo to grind up. At least the current event lets you get a free 15* gunblade which is nice of them and I'll have that tomorrow.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Bear in mind that while that's the current way, Ep6 will have more 15* weapons that you can get other ways, like plain ol' drops and stuff.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
The event also helpfully gives you all the materials you'd need to turn the Atlas EX gunblade into whatever other weapon category you want.

Also the Trailblazer 15* can be shortcut by getting lucky enough to drop a Starquake from the current UQ. Or you can buy one off the market. At that point you just need the big pile of excubes and the single upgrade stone.

Similarly if you want to rush for Trailblazer units for whatever reason, you can buy Starquake units from the market or get them to drop, and it cuts the number of void fragments you need in half.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
A-ex and trailblazers are potent through ep6 until the very end i imagine.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Aex gets a second potential when divide drops and it's dope as hell

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Between the free Atlas EX and Ofze units they handed out, you'll be set for EP6 really. I'm not worrying about rushing Trailblazer or anything. player awareness/skill has much more to do with your success than bleeding edge gear.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

parasyte posted:

The event also helpfully gives you all the materials you'd need to turn the Atlas EX gunblade into whatever other weapon category you want.

Also the Trailblazer 15* can be shortcut by getting lucky enough to drop a Starquake from the current UQ. Or you can buy one off the market. At that point you just need the big pile of excubes and the single upgrade stone.

Similarly if you want to rush for Trailblazer units for whatever reason, you can buy Starquake units from the market or get them to drop, and it cuts the number of void fragments you need in half.

Being able to turn the gunblade in to a rod for my Force is good news. I'll just do that and worry about other weapons for other classes later, who's the NPC you convert it at? For the 13* weapon drops I got is there much use to them at this point? I remember 13* and higher need lambda grinders and that you want to +30 12* weapons to use as fodder to cut down on lambda usage but that's about it.

I got the unit set last night since 9 runs of the limited quest goes a lot faster than I'd expected and the xp wasn't too bad in the process, so if that set's good through ep6 I'll upgrade the pieces some today.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Dec 8, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

From what I've heard, Trailblazer remains useful as a PP battery so there shouldn't really be any regrets if you make any of the current 15 star weapons.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Being able to turn the gunblade in to a rod for my Force is good news. I'll just do that and worry about other weapons for other classes later, who's the NPC you convert it at? For the 13* weapon drops I got is there much use to them at this point? I remember 13* and higher need lambda grinders and that you want to +30 12* weapons to use as fodder to cut down on lambda usage but that's about it.

I got the unit set last night since 9 runs of the limited quest goes a lot faster than I'd expected and the xp wasn't too bad in the process, so if that set's good through ep6 I'll upgrade the pieces some today.

Zig, the robot in the shopping plaza.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Done with the Limited Quest-related Campaign, finished up the story outside of Phaleg, did the last Dark Falz Persona UQ until the new UQ schedule and got an Atlas Ex Sword after half-assing it for most of the time. Yeah I could've used the Atlas Ex Gunblade but I wanted to try and get it legit (outside of Gold and Sapphard stuff because 999 is alot if you're not just outright buying it). Anyway, I also have all the stuff needed to get a Trailblazer Wand for Etoile outside of a few Void Erebite Fragments.

I had a much easier time taking on Persona with an Atlas Ex, especially during the giant energy ball attack where I and several others usually fail at destroying, the damage is pretty noticable and I'm glad that I spent my time and resources on making it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Ouhei posted:

Zig, the robot in the shopping plaza.

Thanks. Swapped over my weapon and after trying to figure out what affixes to put on it I just left it as-is since I'd have gained maybe 20-30 TEC Pwr if everything took hold unless I bought expensive fodder to use and while I'm sure it'd help, there's probably a better use of money right now (like cosmetics) for me.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I had a vague idea on how I would grind up Phantom and Etoile to usable levels but then I remembered they can be sub classed so now my plan is just to run around as a Summoner and use bonus keys.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Thanks. Swapped over my weapon and after trying to figure out what affixes to put on it I just left it as-is since I'd have gained maybe 20-30 TEC Pwr if everything took hold unless I bought expensive fodder to use and while I'm sure it'd help, there's probably a better use of money right now (like cosmetics) for me.

Yeah, affixing is a massive rabbit hole that I still don't fully get. The ONLY thing that may have been worth doing is getting the Gunblade's S4 (lifesteal) before converting since it's pretty handy. The problem being once you do that you have to figure out how you want to affix it after the fact because you lose some of the decent basic affixes they put on there. I changed mine over to a rifle but ended up spending ~1 million or so getting the affixes back in order after with some really basic stuff and that's because I had some fodder Val weapons laying around to pilfer other S grades from.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Affixing was a complete :psyduck: to me until I read like 3 different guides and started using this affix simulator which seems like the better of the ones I'd tried. Now if I want to affix things, I set up my original item in the sim, then walk through the stuff in my character storage (that's where I keep items with good affixes I want to use later) and start experimenting with what will work best.

I wish it was a little faster to set up the affixes in the simulator, but it works pretty well. Oh and probably the most important lesson that I lost millions before I learned: Upslot with cheap garbage, then add the affixes you want. :doh:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

Affixing was a complete :psyduck: to me until I read like 3 different guides and started using this affix simulator which seems like the better of the ones I'd tried. Now if I want to affix things, I set up my original item in the sim, then walk through the stuff in my character storage (that's where I keep items with good affixes I want to use later) and start experimenting with what will work best.

I wish it was a little faster to set up the affixes in the simulator, but it works pretty well. Oh and probably the most important lesson that I lost millions before I learned: Upslot with cheap garbage, then add the affixes you want. :doh:

lol yeah, I think I had to watch like 5 videos and read several guides before I felt like I had any clue of what I was doing. A kind goon in discord gave me a recipe to use on my units that I probably still did wrong and made more expensive for myself.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I was looking at guides and all and still just didn't make any sense of things. Like I have two fodder with apprentice soul and I always had to add both to get the affix to show up, but when I added some other stuff suddenly apprentice soul wasn't showing in the selection any more? I was going to +35 stuff for the SAFs someone mentioned in discord but stuff only upgrades to +30 at the affix/upgrade NPC and nothing was showing for how to upgrade past that since tossing fodder on a +30 just stayed +30?

I hope NGE cuts down on this insanity but it's probably popular with their most active paying players.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Code Jockey posted:

I understand it, I just don't want to jump through the hoops of doing it since to really min/max I've got to affix a bunch of fodder to then affix into the weapon I really want. These days with the Zig upgrades I just buy a fodder that has the best affixes for my budget and call it a day.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
I affixed a decent trailblazer unit using this simlator: https://corvous.github.io/PSO2AffixingAssistant/

At that point the most difficult thing is figuring out which actual affixes you want. You can then just pick how you want to get those affixes on to the final augment, and can keep repeating on the fodder until you get to the point where you end up with fodder you can reasonably buy off the market.

Let me tell you it is a pain in the rear end to get ARKS Fever upslotted enough, and also get Doom Break I and the right souls and reveries onto 5 units so I could make a unit with ARKS MAX and Alles Di Soul and Persona Reverie and Doom Break II. It's also very expensive to buy all those DBI fodders that already have 6 slots because jesus christ i'm not about to try upslotting doom break. Probably cost too much anyway, especially during the second half of boost week, but i had some meseta burning a hole in my pocket.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

I hope NGE cuts down on this insanity but it's probably popular with their most active paying players.

I also hope NGS cuts down on some of the more insane systems in the game, given that they ditched perfect attacks I have hopes that they're aiming to simplify things for a bit.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm looking at Exceed Energy and realizing that none of the previous affixes really mattered.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Got Etoile to 85 with all the Bonus Keys and EXP Tickets I saved (which took quite a while to level). Even with 13-star weapons, it's pretty powerful. Excited for Phantom after I've maxed it out and Luster when it arrives.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Hypocrisy posted:

I'm looking at Exceed Energy and realizing that none of the previous affixes really mattered.

Exceed is like Mark affixes and you can't really do anything with it affixing wise unless you whale later for an exceed receptor. Even then it's kinda iffy since it can only go on weapons which already have a lot of options for affixing. It's nice if you get it pure on a good weapon I suppose but I wouldn't really consider it a normal affix.

Maybe we eventually get exceed caps but not right now.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I'm thinking about switching from Hu/Fi to Hu/Et, though the build for that is just "yeah do whatever with your points". I like the idea of getting more damage without worrying about positioning though.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
once stuff like the Armada Urgent Quest and the Ship Infiltration Ultimate Quest are here, it'll be easier to get those Legendary 15★ collection files from pudding done. The gold ones seem pretty solid for folk looking to get their hands on something usable in ultra hard, it's just the catch seems to be needing to fight glowbots to complete it, which mostly only show up on ultra hard; with a few exceptions.

The gold and silver weapons are identical in every way, except for their appearance and the gold ones only requiring 300 dex to equip, vs the silvers needed 555. With something like that in your hands you can just kinda, play PSO2 until you feel like engaging with all the menu and inventory junk they've plied on over the years.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Man, Ultra Hard is no joke though it's really funny when the UH Rockbear one shots someone or the Blizzard cats' ice explosion wipes out half the UQ group.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Hypocrisy posted:

Man, Ultra Hard is no joke though it's really funny when the UH Rockbear one shots someone or the Blizzard cats' ice explosion wipes out half the UQ group.

'Oh wow it's got a laser.'
'OH WOW IT'S GOT A LASER!'

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So if I want to go Hunter/Etoile, what kind of support actions should I put on my Mag? I'm assuming that the standard healing ones I've been using are only going to heal for 1 thanks to the ET subclass. I almost want to give it some of the ones that produces Monomates and just let Automate handle the rest.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Hope you guys got your computer hardware up to snuff. PSO2 will be upgrading to the new graphics engine ahead of NGS in mid-February and indications are you’ll need stuff like a GTX 2070 Super for the high end

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

mikemil828 posted:

Hope you guys got your computer hardware up to snuff. PSO2 will be upgrading to the new graphics engine ahead of NGS in mid-February and indications are you’ll need stuff like a GTX 2070 Super for the high end

I assume that's because all the effects from 12 (maybe more in NGE) players' skills is a hell of a lot of poo poo to process. Though the stuff they showed so far all looks good except for the some of the characters having a bad case of Xenoblade Chronicles X face. :shepface:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

mikemil828 posted:

Well, that's the price you pay for movable fingers.

Here's a link to the stream.

Here's a link to a summary of the stream.

My guess about the DOLLS' origin: Blue haired rear end in a top hat scientist's experiment that got dumped into subspace.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 19, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

You won't believe how many GPU draw calls a long extended fork of the PSU engine can make per frame!

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

They've explicitly said that the recommended specs they put out for the beta are not the same as the ones for the final game would be.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

actually i think you will find you need dual 3090s to boot the game at all

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Welp, suppose it's time to upgrade my video card, I've got marginally better than the minimum for the beta, but max is a long way away.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

kirbysuperstar posted:

You won't believe how many GPU draw calls a long extended fork of the PSU engine can make per frame!

No DX12. :(
Hopefully wrappers will help with performance.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Saagonsa posted:

They've explicitly said that the recommended specs they put out for the beta are not the same as the ones for the final game would be.

Regardless, if you somehow have been using the same computer to play the game since 2012, you are going to be in for rude suprise come Feburary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib
Working on something for my spouse for XMas:
https://i.imgur.com/Jz29qti.mp4

They played PSO2 JP with me in the early years but stopped playing since. The Rare Drop Koi Koi song is something they love, so I'm makin' a Rare Drop that will blast the song!