Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

tproc posted:

The weird Nazi/Fascist iconography was always a bit offputting, even if it was ironic.

poo poo, I missed this, zamples please?

Or do you mean the whole imperial british schtick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

Sorry buster, but only AMD's brand new GPUs offer Ray-tracing capabilities.

The good news is you probably won't notice the difference without it. And even if you could, turning it on costs you tons of FPS.

aaah didn't realize it was baked in

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I can't be bothered taking a screen shot of it but will ray tracing get rid of the washed out uni-light effect you'll see if ..let's use assassin's creed valhalla as the most recent example. Where thing in "shade" just look loving garbage?
Possibly. I don't know what's up with Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla, but it sure seems like the various shaders don't work unless there's a direct light source. In Odyssey, the shiny gold/bronze/etc. plate armor looks dull and drab, faces look like clay, etc. when there's no sun or moonlight. It's even worse in Valhalla mostly because ~England~ though it does look a lot more grody this time around.

In theory, ray tracing should fix that through global illumination: the simulation of all the indirect light that's bouncing around. The light rays from GI should be no different than the light rays from, say, the sun...just less intense. Ultimately, ray tracing in games should allow for far more light sources that affect the scene than are possible using previous lighting methods.

But as noted earlier in the thread, the game has to be programmed to support these features.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Randallteal posted:

The ESRB did rate it separately with a bullet point for "nudity" (the main game gets "partial nudity").

Huh, interesting. Guess a flaccid dick is okay.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Jim Sterling is a fat hack who does lovely clickbait for a living.

tproc
Aug 22, 2012

Fuck you and your eyebrows.

BrotherJayne posted:

poo poo, I missed this, zamples please?

Or do you mean the whole imperial british schtick

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

I'll be playing on a 580, but a 6770 which over compensates it in comparison. That should help compensate and get my don't decent framerate right?

Supet willing to gently caress around with overclocking etc as obviously the video card market is a bit of a mess at the moment. This is the first game I've seen in ages that's made me consider a bramd new generation of card which is impressive.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

GreenBuckanneer posted:

RT hated Star Trek Beyond, but I loved it, because it was an actual Star Trek movie and wasn't made by that piece of human refuse, jj abrams, who doesn't even like Star Trek.

Is that the one where they crash the enterprise?

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I dunno why I'd want to listen to someone on youtube drone on and on if they have an irritating speaking voice. It's not even a question of the randomness of what voice life has given you (I loving love Isaac Arthur) but the cadence and other factors they pick. They want to sound obnoxious. Also, he picked the cringe loving name Jimquisition and his whole stupid bit so I'm not gonna wade through it for someone who sometimes isn't wrong.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
My first RTX impression after getting my RTX 3080 at launch (whew) was the first time stepping into the Hotline room in Control. It's simple but effective at showing at its core what ray tracing does.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

FuzzySlippers posted:

I dunno why I'd want to listen to someone on youtube drone on and on if they have an irritating speaking voice. It's not even a question of the randomness of what voice life has given you (I loving love Isaac Arthur) but the cadence and other factors they pick. They want to sound obnoxious. Also, he picked the cringe loving name Jimquisition and his whole stupid bit so I'm not gonna wade through it for someone who sometimes isn't wrong.

He did do a good "bethesda sucks" video

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to tracing some rays on Wednesday

tproc
Aug 22, 2012

FuzzySlippers posted:

I don't enjoy the man's content either but using him as an example of the issues with games journalism makes a person seem rather clueless.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

What do you mean by HDMI Plug in? I was planning on using GeForce now because the test I did with W3 played pretty good for me. Is there anything I should be aware about before grabbing it on steam vs PS4 Pro?

e: or is it just a reference to running it to your TV for couch play?

Yep just plugging it into the TV. For me I have a PC that would be fine, but I only have some old 1600x900 monitors. Otherwise it’s older laptops that are kind of a pita to setup and the MacBook for some reason never had an Ethernet cord. I also have an older IMac, which might be far better. I guess a part of it’s just being lazy lol.

That said Shield seems like it would just be a nice solution going forward and not be a huge cost. I just want to what people here who own one think. It would only be used for Cloud gaming and perhaps some apps that aren’t on the LG TV store.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I mean, he really obviously hates the fash and just rightwing policy in general so I would take presumed iconography issues with a grain of salt.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So when should we VPN to NZ to unlock early

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deakul posted:

Someone mentioned it earlier, but I forget the exact time. I feel like 5am Wednesday but I might be Wiley wrong.

I’d be concerned with it working, but it seems people did it for Black Ops less then a month ago.

Edit: For the Xbox

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deakul posted:

Global launch is midnight GMT for PC.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

jim is an extremely gay genderqueer person lol

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Deakul posted:

Its releasing at midnight GMT worldwide, so never. 7PM Eastern, 4PM Western

tproc
Aug 22, 2012

evilmiera posted:

I mean, he really obviously hates the fash and just rightwing policy in general so I would take presumed iconography issues with a grain of salt.

Obviously, and he's distanced himself from that image in recent years. It was still offputting and arguably a reason to consider him a tool though! You can be a tool and not a chud.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Twerkdad posted:

Its releasing at midnight GMT worldwide, so never. 7PM Eastern, 4PM Western

Not for consoles though. It’s midnight in the local region.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Jack Trades posted:

Yeah it's this

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

8-bit Miniboss posted:

My first RTX impression after getting my RTX 3080 at launch (whew) was the first time stepping into the Hotline room in Control. It's simple but effective at showing at its core what ray tracing does.

Control is a nice showcase since it benefits from all the glossy marble flooring and glass windows of its weirdo-office environment so during combat you get to see the impressive reflections and illumination in action.

Compare that to like, BF5 or something.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Not for consoles though. It’s midnight in the local region.

True, because they were asking about VPN I figured it was about PC unlock

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Twerkdad posted:

True, because they were asking about VPN I figured it was about PC unlock

Fair point.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Yeah but he has insightful and unique commentary like Bethesda sucks. Stick it to those squares at gamespot!

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
im not reading all the pages i missed but im guessing its :spergin: about how the game isnt actually a buggy mess and the day 1 patch will fix everything and/or people arguing about trans stuff.

either way leaks show they fixed up a few things i was worried about and broke a few others so im optimistic for release day see u in the cyberverse or whatever

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Are there any bite-sized lore videos out there to learn about the setting, various factions and people?

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

I hope this game is good but if its not oh well.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Jimbot posted:

Are there any bite-sized lore videos out there to learn about the setting, various factions and people?

Gamespot has been doing so the last few months such as one for Adam Smasher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYA5QBgZYIM

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Jimbot posted:

Gamespot has a bunch of videos about various history, locations, and characters:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpg6WLs8kxGObvmIzgWz2MRwoYHEzZTVF

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Sweet, thanks for the links!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Edit: never mind

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

Scarecow posted:

the news that its just women being hypersexualized is super disappointed and even for poo poo like dead bodies in a bathtub full of ice the women are fully naked but the men have underwear on.....like really really guys come the gently caress on

Oh I just meant in terms of life an RPG fan breaking down what she did and didn't like about the feel of the game without going too far off track, it was both expansive but didnt feel padded imo

Deadreak
Jul 16, 2004

Я никому не хочу 
Anyone else is planning on making Geralt in Cyberpunk? I been listening to witcher audio books and made me nostalgic for witcher saga.... My god, I am so basic (nomad run for sure).

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You know I may have finally found a good solution for GeForce Now. Thank you in laws for letting me take and fix that 27 inch iMac from 2013. Only issue is perhaps an Ethernet cable...but I think I can jury rig that.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/07/cyberpunk-2077-epileptic-psa

Game doesn't have any epilepsy warnings either apparently.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

MagusDraco posted:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/07/cyberpunk-2077-epileptic-psa

Game doesn't have any epilepsy warnings either apparently.

How loving stupid can CDPR get lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Scarecow posted:

the news that its just women being hypersexualized is super disappointed and even for poo poo like dead bodies in a bathtub full of ice the women are fully naked but the men have underwear on.....like really really guys come the gently caress on

Yeah this is the most disappointing thing I've heard. Bugs can be patched but this sounds like a more elemental problem. Maybe they could patch it to be less egregious but it seems unlikely to get a lot of changes if they shipped in this shape knowing it would be under scrutiny.

Also that video's channel had lore videos but I didn't view them