Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
that’s horrifying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

indigi posted:

that’s horrifying

The Mandalorian has inspired a lot of great fanart that gets posted in the TVIV thread.

that is not one of them

drunkill posted:

page 2 is out

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Apparently, Laura Dern couldn't shoot a blaster without saying "Pew", no matter how many takes they did.

But because she was a, shall we say, divisive character in a divisive movie, I can't find fan art of Holdo executing some First Order guy gangland style, and instead can only find cute

Come to think of it, I haven't seen much new trilogy in this thread

Or, for a more traditional flavor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehEkCYjnLJ8

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t go looking because it’s either weird, hateful or racist.

As much as I love TLJ

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Apparently, Laura Dern couldn't shoot a blaster without saying "Pew", no matter how many takes they did.

Sure much of it is the worst the internet has to offer, but this is extremely :3:

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

If you like Rey/Kylo, there's a fair amount of funny stuff out there

And also, quite possibly, the best performance that Adam Driver has ever given

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Toph Bei Fong posted:

And also, quite possibly, the best performance that Adam Driver has ever given

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE

I love Adam Driver.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpAYjv1BAbs

Sadly, this rip leaves out them cutting to Hayden Christensen sitting in the audience, but it's the best quality one I can find.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Rian Johnson trolling will never not be funny to me

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

idgi

Were there actually people who had a problem with Luke being able to do that?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hazo posted:

idgi

Were there actually people who had a problem with Luke being able to do that?

There are people that have a problem with every single thing done in ever single scene from the sequel trilogy.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I mean it was deffo a symptom of the dumb force power creep that got some backlash and Zahn felt he had enough backing to take shots at it in the Outbound Flight group of books.

Oh you mean the Last Jedi, probably people got really mad at a pretty alright movie.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I didn't even blink at astral projection, why wouldn't a Jedi be able to do that?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
No one seems to have a problem with their ghosts hanging around and guiding them after death.

Pedantic nerds are the worst.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:same:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/8Vs92Rb.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/E4Ug2Rd.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/F1koDcc.gifv

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

This reminds me of the gif I spent days making for the Episode III hype thread on these very forums back in 2005, saving each frame one-by-one in Microsoft Image Composer and compiling them in unFreez or something. Someone even made it into a ytmnd :shobon:

Hazo fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 11, 2020

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Truly a gif worthy of the flag officer of the Invisible Hand.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

No one seems to have a problem with their ghosts hanging around and guiding them after death.

Pedantic nerds are the worst.

The ghosts are implied to be more insubstantial and limited, so it is a bit different.

Although as much force power creep as there is otherwise, projecting an illusion is pretty small-scale.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Hazo posted:

This reminds me of the gif I spent days making for the Episode III hype thread on these very forums back in 2005, saving each frame one-by-one in Microsoft Image Composer and compiling them in unFreez or something. Someone even made it into a ytmnd :shobon:

As someone who spent an ungodly amount of time on ytmnd back then, I remember this very fondly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Isn't his thing that he's the Jedi who gets to gently caress?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

muscles like this! posted:

Isn't his thing that he's the Jedi who gets to gently caress?

I think he was just feeling ill. Headache, fever and a chill.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think he was just feeling ill. Headache, fever and a chill.

Thank you, Simone.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Hazo posted:

I legitimately remember this one. Thanks goon.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Hazo posted:

THAT WAS YOU?!?!?

I remember that thread, it was loving magnificent. I can't remember if that's the one where "PLEASE PUT ON THE SPACE PANTS" came from or not

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hmm what about the droid attack on my nuggies.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/QDbR6Ih.gifv

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Turn most of the narrow panels into gang tags.

Starting with jarjar making his O face and then the one stoicly stopping the blaster bolt.

Tia

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

How it should’ve ended.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Kylo Ren's childhood but it's JoJo Rabbit

E: wanna see Taika Waititi as Vader

Davros1