Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
at least it's not the Shakira one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

doc block i just texted a picture of your avatar to ms jones

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s so gross and provocative but it doesn’t technically show nipple or vulva so it’s pg

the way censorship works these days is so weird. you’ve got some of the trashiest sluttiest stuff just hanging out on instagram, but they don’t technically break the rules so it’s all good !!

yet this here

https://twitter.com/rodtronics/status/1312010170378129409?s=21

instagram wouldn’t let me promote it because it had too much sexual content or something like that

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
big sur looks dumb but the only actual functional problem with it i've encountered post-beta is that it requires upgrading to a new vmware fusion version due to it blocking kexts

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
macos BS edition is actually less ugly than I was expecting

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Plorkyeran posted:

big sur looks dumb but the only actual functional problem with it i've encountered post-beta is that it requires upgrading to a new vmware fusion version due to it blocking kexts

this is an advantage. vmw fusion does some lovely kernel hacks and needs to be updated to match the latest kernel to work at all. Big Sur forces it to use the hypervisor framework which is stable and doesn’t requiring binding to a specific kernel version.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

it’s so gross and provocative but it doesn’t technically show nipple or vulva so it’s pg

the way censorship works these days is so weird. you’ve got some of the trashiest sluttiest stuff just hanging out on instagram, but they don’t technically break the rules so it’s all good !!

yet this here

https://twitter.com/rodtronics/status/1312010170378129409?s=21

instagram wouldn’t let me promote it because it had too much sexual content or something like that

gfycat auto flagged all of my ball renders for review and none has been reviewed in the intervening weeks. I think they just want to get money out of me

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

got the iphone 12 pro, speakers are extremely loud. C+

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jenny Agutter posted:

gfycat auto flagged all of my ball renders for review and none has been reviewed in the intervening weeks. I think they just want to get money out of me

they must have been stung recently coz I get big warnings that my gifs may be in violation even tho never a reason to flag me 🤷‍♂️

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Achmed Jones posted:

doc block i just texted a picture of your avatar to ms jones

:tipshat: I love it

wish I knew who bought it for me

edit: send her a screen recording of it. gotta see it in motion to get the full effect!

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

The Management posted:

this is an advantage. vmw fusion does some lovely kernel hacks and needs to be updated to match the latest kernel to work at all. Big Sur forces it to use the hypervisor framework which is stable and doesn’t requiring binding to a specific kernel version.

switching to hypervisor.framework is a very good thing but it means spending another two months of handholding cdw through the concept of upgrading a license because somehow despite being an IT reseller they have a lot of difficulty with actually selling things

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i can't loving believe people are actually buying anything other than iPhone 12 mini

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

buddy the pros have a lovely wide angle lens, a lovely telephoto lens, AND a useless lidar module. you can’t afford not to get it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Doc Block posted:

:tipshat: I love it

wish I knew who bought it for me

edit: send her a screen recording of it. gotta see it in motion to get the full effect!

oh it was in motion!

our relationship may never recover

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

akadajet posted:

homebrew is somehow a worse package manager than npm

both are great, gtfoh

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my package manager is made by bendon

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
god is my package manager

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Juul-Whip posted:

i can't loving believe people are actually buying anything other than iPhone 12 mini

I just bought a pro maxxx because I take more baby pictures with my phone than with my real camera, so might as well have the best camera.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

philistine!

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Gentle Autist posted:

both are great, gtfoh

you mean they’re great sources of things for yospos to mock?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Soricidus posted:

you mean they’re great sources of things for yospos to mock?

no they both work very well

goons probably have some highly autistic principled stance against them but that’s probably more of an endorsement than anything

pram
Jun 10, 2001
homebrew casks seriously own and lol if you dont install everything that way

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

homebrew has been fine for my (limited) needs and npm's problems seem to stem more from the utter idiocy of javascript developers (left-pad) than npm itself :shrug:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
npm enables the ecosystem that brought us left-pad.js and ansi-green.js, so is bad regardless of technical merit

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Oneiros posted:

the utter idiocy of javascript developers

redundant

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Apple has invented over-ear bluetooth headphones that only cost Five Hundred and Fifty U.S. Dollars

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
homebrew works pretty well, I have very few complaints about it.

the dumbest thing it does is make a distinction between casks and source installs. I don’t give a gently caress, I told you to install a thing, just so it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Merkinman posted:

Apple has invented over-ear bluetooth headphones that only cost Five Hundred and Fifty U.S. Dollars

how are these even pods any more

apple introduces the macbook air max, an eight pound boat anchor desktop replacement

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

haveblue posted:

how are these even pods any more

apple introduces the macbook air max, an eight pound boat anchor desktop replacement

pod just refers to the physical shape. the homepod is not tiny

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

this is the dumbest loving looking case

i still want a pair but lol at being able to justify that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I thought that was a fancy designer handbag at first

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

haveblue posted:

i was torn between that or high-tech bra storage

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
drat, too expensive too ugly

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i don't think the headphones themselves are ugly at all; it's pretty hard imo to make over the ears look not terrible; even the best ones tends to be pretty nerdy looking.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
$550 and no audio input cable. Does it even work with non-Apple devices?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

haveblue posted:

it is

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pulcinella posted:

i don't see why not, all the other airpods work fine with anything with bluetooth audio

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Pulcinella posted:

they don't say it works with anything but apple devices, but it uses the same h1 chip as the rest of them and they do, you just lose out on special features.

tbh i don't think it's that big of a deal that they don't have an audio cable either. i have nice headphones with audio cables and i still use wireless ones any time i'm not sitting at my desk. they're really good these days.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i like having an audio cable on my sennheiser hd 4.50s so i can plug it into my ps4 controller. it’s also an easy hack to have my kid watch netflix with headphones on the main floor tv that otherwise doesn’t have bluetooth support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
homebrew mostly works but I had it bug out and install python 3.8 and python 3.9 because of dependency crap
I had to remove the packages that depended on 3.8 then reinstall so I only had 3.9
this is the poo poo having a package manager is suppose to solve