Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

wait i can't even find this "fart simpson" on the rolls?? IS THIS A CASE OF STOLEN DISRESPECT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
jesus christ. what an absolute mother fucker.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

poo poo yes its basically body building for your heart

check out the weak heart at the bottom vs the extra strong muscle of the hypertensive heart at the top

who needs space for blood flow when you have muscle

i sure dont!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Victory Position posted:

what's a good and proper boiled dinner out in those parts? the same kind of fare people like to serve up for St. Patrick's Day or are there regional varieties you don't see outside of New Brunswick and Prince Edward?
lot of times a boiled dinner out here is lobster lol. or acadian like poutine râpée and fricot

for good and proper ones i’m not really the best person to ask to begin with. with covid a lot of good spots would have folded. if i hear tell of any maritimes boiled dinner spots confirmed good recently/going forward, i’ll post ‘em

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
"boiled dinner" sounds like the saddest 1960s poo poo ever

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mmmmm, boiled dinner and bologna gelatin!

gonna wash it all down with a pickle soda.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Kenny Logins posted:

lot of times a boiled dinner out here is lobster lol. or acadian like poutine râpée and fricot

for good and proper ones i’m not really the best person to ask to begin with. with covid a lot of good spots would have folded. if i hear tell of any maritimes boiled dinner spots confirmed good recently/going forward, i’ll post ‘em

literally making poutine rapee next week, a good confluence of events

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mediaphage posted:

literally making poutine rapee next week, a good confluence of events
nice! all the times i’ve had it, seems like something that’s better to make at home. but it’s og acadian af

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

it’s an oldschool irish thing, and if we’re being honest, a hardscrabble oldschool irish thing. my mother’s people used to do them and i don’t have great memories of it tbqh. my father’s people are also irish but were always more about drinking than cooking “””authentically”””

i feel like most maritime angryland enthusiasts will now just go to a chain (-ish) irish pub or local brewpub in march for some palatable approximation of it rather than an authentic but tortured homestyle version. the irish cultural festivals around here have fallen by the wayside over the years and covid has all but killed them

the brewpubs are also a good go-to for octoberfest food because there aren’t a lot of hotspots for it otherwise (anymore)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

it’s an oldschool irish thing, and if we’re being honest, a hardscrabble oldschool irish thing. my mother’s people used to do them and i don’t have great memories of it tbqh. my father’s people are also irish but were always more about drinking than cooking “””authentically”””

i feel like most maritime angryland enthusiasts will now just go to a chain (-ish) irish pub or local brewpub in march for some palatable approximation of it rather than an authentic but tortured homestyle version. the irish cultural festivals around here have fallen by the wayside over the years and covid has all but killed them

the brewpubs are also a good go-to for octoberfest food because there aren’t a lot of hotspots for it otherwise (anymore)

speaking of irish pubs i do like the cask and kettle in saint john. surprisingly not terrible food if also not my first choice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Jonny 290 posted:

i would if they wouldn't have denied my BP med refill and necessitated me going to a gen prac to get re-prescribed, where they're just going to yell at me about being fat and get paid hundreds of dollars to do so and also scribble on a sheet of paper

My fat doctor used to yell at me when I was fat. Not very egalitarian of him.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mediaphage posted:

speaking of irish pubs i do like the cask and kettle in saint john. surprisingly not terrible food if also not my first choice
i’m only ever in sj for business/conferences (less so lately lol) but that’s a deece spot. i’m not crazy about the city’s food scene overall as it runs hot and cold. might also have to do with the city’s old/anglo population. but the brewpubs are generally solid

fun fact: sj is pretty old as north american cities go and benedict arnold lived there for six years. they don’t seem to have liked him much either

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

if he’s like the doctors i know he then went out to smoke

Kenny Logins posted:

i’m only ever in sj for business/conferences (less so lately lol) but that’s a deece spot. i’m not crazy about the city’s food scene overall as it runs hot and cold. might also have to do with the city’s old/anglo population. but the brewpubs are generally solid

fun fact: sj is pretty old as north american cities go and benedict arnold lived there for six years. they don’t seem to have liked him much either

it’s been getting a lot better in the last five years imo. britts is also good if you’re stuck uptown. outside of pandemics we’re there for an extended stay every christmas and usually at least once in the summers.

it’s no halifax or st. john’s when it comes to the food scene tho.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

you should definitely dunk on him when covid is done

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mediaphage posted:

it’s been getting a lot better in the last five years imo. britts is also good if you’re stuck uptown. outside of pandemics we’re there for an extended stay every christmas and usually at least once in the summers.

it’s no halifax or st. john’s when it comes to the food scene tho.
good to know. it’s always been better than fredericton’s but i feel like moncton’s has also gotten good, and is somewhat better, owing to the french/younger influence

none of the three major cities really compete with halifax, yeah, but what’re you gonna do

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I collected insects in rural Novaux Brunswick in th 00s and it is a very spooky place. like everybody could be banjo playing vampires spooky.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

My grandma's doctor lost a leg to the diabeetus but still wouldn't ditch him

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

good to know. it’s always been better than fredericton’s but i feel like moncton’s has also gotten good, and is somewhat better, owing to the french/younger influence

none of the three major cities really compete with halifax, yeah, but what’re you gonna do

nice, i have spent very limited time in fredericton or moncton barring flying in/out of moncton. that might increase since westjet is the only airline in canada that lets you fly with birds.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol it’s not hypocritical for me to tell someone to take some drugs to get better but not take those drugs myself

*surgeon amputates own leg in order to not appear hypocritical to patient with gangrenous leg*

lol you don’t have to suck my dick just to tell me to suck yours

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

my big fat greek doctor

mystes
May 31, 2006

echinopsis posted:

I don't know; it's only fair.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

echinopsis posted:

In that case...

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

President Beep posted:

it's a canadian thing -- they call kraft macaroni and cheese "kraft dinner" up there

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Canada is so hosed up

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Canada is so hosed up

truely

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

it’s true. Canada’s foreverially hoping America sempai will notice them. America never will as it is too busy grinding its collective teeth into pink chalk

hosed up

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

it’s true. Canada’s foreverially hoping America sempai will notice them. America never will as it is too busy grinding its collective teeth into pink chalk

hosed up

if you smoke the pink chalk, it takes the pain away for a little while

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

prefect posted:

if you smoke the pink chalk, it takes the pain away for a little while

my precalc teacher in high school would use white chalk 99% of the time and then occasionally break out the coloured chalk and basically pretend to have an orgasm while using it

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

mediaphage posted:

my precalc teacher in high school would use white chalk 99% of the time and then occasionally break out the coloured chalk and basically pretend to have an orgasm while using it

My physics teacher would break out the colored chalk for more complicated diagrams and was similarly reverent about it. He got all the way to silver one time in the E&M unit

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So this is what 40 feels like. :tootzzz:

RON HOWARD VOICE: It wouldn't be.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Schadenboner posted:

So this is what 40 feels like. :tootzzz:

RON HOWARD VOICE: It wouldn't be.

congratudolences

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/mondomascots/status/1038105481103925249