Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i would make a follow-up call,. and ask adam eaton if adam eaton will have trouble relating to younger players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lol at adam eaton

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Should've asked if Eaton ever paid off his mortgage.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

bawfuls posted:

well Eaton values youth in leadership so we know TLR must be a sore spot for him

Lol

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:discourse:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/jonheyman/status/1336386140589461507?s=21

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I'm surprised he got a "reasonable" deal this year, I figured he was gonna be a dude who was wildly lowballed and wouldn't sign until right near ST.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
royals seem convinced "guys who were bad last year" is the new market inefficiency

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Santana was really good in 2019 and solid pretty much every other year. I don't think you can really pin anything too meaningful on last season just because everything was a mess. That seems like a good deal for KC with ~*veteran leadership*~. Cleveland is going to replace him with ???.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/bnicholsonsmith/status/1336351797183729669

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

is it just me or is that mask very slimming on Ryu?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Shiroc posted:

Santana was really good in 2019 and solid pretty much every other year. I don't think you can really pin anything too meaningful on last season just because everything was a mess. That seems like a good deal for KC with ~*veteran leadership*~. Cleveland is going to replace him with ???.

His >.500 SLG from 2019 might be a fluke but the dude gets on base like a machine. I definitely don't think KC is gonna regret having him.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

bewbies posted:

royals seem convinced "guys who were bad last year" is the new market inefficiency

Seems like a decent theory, 2020 was a short, weird season lol

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

The audio: https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1336381168384618505

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/RobertONeill31/status/1336407961783185408

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

:perfect:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

lmao god eaton is a joke.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Holy poo poo.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Why does this organization keep balancing out every good thing they do with a lovely thing?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

This is awesome.

Should I be upset that Daniel Kim writes his name backwards in Korean in his Twitter title?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Rays owner doubledowned on the Tampa/Montreal split city plan

Montreal Rays lets go

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Montreal Rays lets go
Which I find funny because there is no guarantee that the Blue Jays will get to open the season in Toronto next year

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

FlamingLiberal posted:

Which I find funny because there is no guarantee that the Blue Jays will get to open the season in Toronto next year

This is for like, 2028 or something. Whenever the lease for the Trop expires

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/PavlovicNBCS/status/1336338343638880257
https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1300998267262640130

hmmm ok maybe farhan knows what he's doing

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Pussy Boss posted:

I'm pretty sure he does, and it is only a matter of time before the Dodgers cake-walk to first in the division every year is over. Dodgers need to win two more rings before that happens.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

The Pussy Boss posted:

I have nothing against the signing, but if getting Javy Baez to swing at a slider low and away is your standard then boy howdy do you have some arms to pick through!

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

bawfuls posted:

I'm pretty sure he does, and it is only a matter of time before the Dodgers cake-walk to first in the division every year is over. Dodgers need to win two more rings before that happens.

i guess but the dodgers were maybe the best team of all time last year so like not a cakewalk but being projected to win 100 games a year is absurd

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

uggy posted:

i guess but the dodgers were maybe the best team of all time last year so like not a cakewalk but being projected to win 100 games a year is absurd
yeah it was awesome but also nothing would be more predictable than the Dodgers winning 100 games every year while simultaneously the Giants win titles via the Wild Card

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Showing anybody striking out Cubs hitters with sliders doesn't really mean anything. You could probably look up a slider grip on wikipedia and go throw a bunch of 50 MPH ones to the Cubs and as long as you can get them low and away you'll strike out the entire lineup.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Matt Wisler and Lucas Sims out there making a name for Atlanta pitching castoffs.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

God, I already miss the annoying fox sports music. I hate the off-season.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

blossommirage posted:

God, I already miss the annoying fox sports music. I hate the off-season.

The only good thing about the Cubs moving to Marquee is I never have to hear that loving comcast sports net jingle ever again

The bad thing is that I can't watch the Cubs

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Ozzie Guillen told me that homophobic slurs are actually terms of endearment in Latino culture so Thom will fit right in.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Montreal Rays lets go
0% chance

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Sydin posted:

Showing anybody striking out Cubs hitters with sliders doesn't really mean anything. You could probably look up a slider grip on wikipedia and go throw a bunch of 50 MPH ones to the Cubs and as long as you can get them low and away you'll strike out the entire lineup.

...go on

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Pretty cucked move by Uncle Stevie getting McCann and not Realmuto imo.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Minor league affiliations being announced today. Lansing Lugnuts no longer with the Jays while Vancouver becomes their high-A affiliate.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
The Braves unsurprisingly keep Gwinnett, Mississippi, and Rome, while adding Augusta as their low-A.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The Cubs' AAA, AA, A+, and A ball teams all remain the same. Now that short-season A ball isn't a thing the Cubs dropped the Eugene Emeralds, but fortunately it sounds like they got picked up by the Giants to be their new A+ affiliate, which nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Too bad about the Frederick Keys, their stadium looks neat