Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Images like this make me really excited for the fashion souls in this game

Back to the future 2 was the peak of fashion design and I won't hear otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i still have no idea which life path to choose

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Zeta Acosta posted:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1336355168095449089

this game is going to be loving incredible

:hmmyes:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I saw reviews saying you can dismantle everything and use for crafting

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

rap music posted:

Play for 1 hour then re-roll your character, over and over again, like 50% of the gaming populace will

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

TheRat posted:

I saw reviews saying you can dismantle everything and use for crafting

Yeah but you have to select everything individually.

The UI seems a little bit of a mess in general.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

This looks worse then the Witcher 3’s inventory system

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

rap music posted:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

stratdax posted:

And that would be an interesting thing to explore. Problem is, the game appears to not do that. It appears to be all superficial with no real understanding of the issues.
You would think with how much a game set in cyberpunk universe would maybe explore transhumanism and what transgenderism actually means when you can just swap body parts like it ain't no thing but instead they just threw dildos everywhere, slapped a trans sticker on the back of a car, and called it good.

Edit: honestly I don't know why they've signal boosted the being trans positive and the ability to pick your genitalia if they implemented it so poorly and meaningless-ly. Is it all just to make up for those lousy tweets?

Oh word how many hours have you put into the game? You seem to be speaking really knowledgeably about all the writing and side quests, sounds like you really know what to expect!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Tag yourself, I'm the bottle of bleach

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'm the can of POCARI SWEAT

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Zikan posted:

This looks worse then the Witcher 3’s inventory system

looks about the same imo

he's on the unfiltered tab but seeing this a few days ago cemented my choice to play on mkb

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Lastdancer posted:

I am ready to play the game nowww alreadyyyy *shaking in chair intensifies*

:emptyquote:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Gerstmann asking the actual important questions: https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1336356512797655056

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Steven Heck fans represent :black101:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Damnit I was literally posting that

At least Gerstmann's priorities are right

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I feel bad because my decision to play as a girl was purely from that trailer where she's brushing her teeth in her underwear and had a really nice bum.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Cyberpunk is inherently political and if people can't talk about things itt without flipping tables then that'd be a shame. Well that's my two cents.

OctaMurk posted:

Speaking of which, I hope this game lets you roleplay as a total dumbass like every good RPG since fallout does

More RPG's should do this. Too bad it's really expensive to implement (well).

rap music posted:

https://rolladie.net/ :eng101:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

dirty cybernetic gym shorts

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Lmaooo Best Buy wouldn't give it to me because it's not the 10th and have turned away tons of people today who got ready for pickup notifications. I get it, but it's literally a GOG code in the box. I canceled and I'm preloading now.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Maybe the abundance of dildos is to make up for the lack of naked men in the future

ufarn
May 30, 2009
it's literally in the op people, dildos are the currency in the game

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Have any of the reviews indicated if the combat is just rock/paper/scissors with guns/hack/body? Or if hacking is just passive abilities?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Geralt would be the Nomad in Cyberpunk, right? I guess that's the choice then.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

I like the idea of Nomad more than the other starts for a first time play.

You're an outsider to Night City so it makes sense when people are expositioning basic Night City operations to you. You come from nowhere, just a mysterious stranger with unknown skills and loyalties. Street Kid or Corpo seem messy backstory wise. It's kind of like the difference between Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, in Fallout 3 you have a father, school chums and a girlfriend or whatever and in New Vegas you're the mysterious courier from outta town. Mysterious courier is cooler.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Tim Whatley posted:

Lmaooo Best Buy wouldn't give it to me because it's not the 10th and have turned away tons of people today who got ready for pickup notifications. I get it, but it's literally a GOG code in the box. I canceled and I'm preloading now.

they hosed up and shipped/gave/ let people buy it in store days ago, the pc version is useless if you get it before but the console one is the source of a lot of current leaks its why they are being cautious as the employees/management probably has no idea the pc version doesn't work until the 10th

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

I'm the dildo? Gummy worm? Aww geez I don't what the heck that thing is.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

One thing that worries me is that apparently crafting works like in Skyrim so you have to craft mountains of junk just to get your crafting skills go up and be able to craft something good.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Gorman Thomas posted:

Have any of the reviews indicated if the combat is just rock/paper/scissors with guns/hack/body? Or if hacking is just passive abilities?

Its definitely not rock paper scissors.

Hacking is also definitely not passive, we've known that for months dude. There's been trailers.

Hacking basically works like magic in Witcher with a few more powers.

The rock/paper/scissors of this game is the typical elemental system, there's like heat damage and acid damage and laser damage or something, and resistances.

Whether you use melee or guns or hacking or some mix is up to how you build your character :)

Palpek posted:

One thing that worries me is that apparently crafting works like in Skyrim so you have to craft mountains of junk just to get your crafting skills go up and be able to craft something good.

Yeah that sounds awful, but also crafting sounds extremely optional in this game so.... just don't do it :)

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

ufarn posted:

it's literally in the op people, dildos are the currency in the game

Now that's a currency I'm willing to back!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Seriously wtf is this thing?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Xachariah posted:

You're an outsider to Night City so it makes sense when people are expositioning basic Night City operations to you. You come from nowhere, just a mysterious stranger with unknown skills and loyalties. Street Kid or Corpo seem messy backstory wise. It's kind of like the difference between Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, in Fallout 3 you have a father, school chums and a girlfriend or whatever and in New Vegas you're the mysterious courier from outta town. Mysterious courier is cooler.

He was an Arizona ranger, wouldn't be too long in town.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Subnautica asset somehow

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I feel bad because my decision to play as a girl was purely from that trailer where she's brushing her teeth in her underwear and had a really nice bum.

nothing wrong with being a person with excellent taste

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Xachariah posted:

My exact thinking. If/when I replay it is when I will be a Street Kid or Corpo girl

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Bad Dragon 2077.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Ms Adequate posted:

Bad Dragon 2077.

A Bad Dragon dildo in 2077 is some nightmarish poo poo. It will literally sprout legs and crawl around the room like a Kronenburg's monster.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

You know, it will be HILARIOUS if finally CDPR gets tired of the dildo jokes and reduce the number of them in the world. Because in the changelog of the update we will see
"- Number of dildos reduced to more realistic levels"

And Internet will have a field day.

I love weird changelog/patch notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I demand an entire field of dicks.

El-P's lyrics say to "run backwards through a field of dicks" and RTJ is in the game so this is lore canon. :colbert: