Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://clips.twitch.tv/RealKitschyLettuceYouWHY

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Live to Win is giving OG way too much time to farm

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Nigma losing 99.995 % of the second game vs Gambit. Then they win....

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrackyCourteousLapwingAllenHuhu

lagidnam fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 7, 2020

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

lagidnam posted:

Nigma losing 99.995 % of the second game vs Gambit. Then they win....

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrackyCourteousLapwingAllenHuhu

they literally only won because edict continues after death lmao

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
game 3 of liquid/nigma is quite the bloodbath. There were 6 kills before runes spawned, and now micke snapfire is 10/0/10 at 11 mins.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
LMAO @ that stat for w33

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Chessie is available. just saying, Nigma

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

loving I'm available, and I only play Turbo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

let me play mid so I can show the world the glory of core willow

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Dusa two games in a row? Go home

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Curious what you think Slacks is up to with Arkosh? He did a stupid WWE style ending today where they "won" by typing a string of random characters into chat and it cut to the enemy team's ancient exploding:

https://clips.twitch.tv/BumblingBadPeanutCoolStoryBob

They said the match was to determine if No Pango goes into the BTS Pro series that's happening right now. I figured it would be to create a stupid publicity stunt where BTS says that they don't permit winning via magic or something and then lets No Pango into the tournament instead of Arkosh (because presumably Arkosh is made of other players who are playing in the tournament as well?) but they haven't announced anything yet.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Superrodan posted:

Curious what you think Slacks is up to with Arkosh? He did a stupid WWE style ending today where they "won" by typing a string of random characters into chat and it cut to the enemy team's ancient exploding:

https://clips.twitch.tv/BumblingBadPeanutCoolStoryBob

They said the match was to determine if No Pango goes into the BTS Pro series that's happening right now. I figured it would be to create a stupid publicity stunt where BTS says that they don't permit winning via magic or something and then lets No Pango into the tournament instead of Arkosh (because presumably Arkosh is made of other players who are playing in the tournament as well?) but they haven't announced anything yet.

This was a joke. It was just a fake ending. Also no matter what you think of Slacks (besides that he's a national treasure), anything that builds interest in NA dota is good.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Jerk McJerkface posted:

This was a joke. It was just a fake ending. Also no matter what you think of Slacks (besides that he's a national treasure), anything that builds interest in NA dota is good.

I'm more talking about the idea that apparently their opponent thought they were playing for something real, but they weren't. At the very least you gotta let the other team in on it or tell them it's not a real wager. Maybe they did do that and the other team are just good actors and fooling everyone, but it's hard to tell.

I am as big of a Slacks fan as anyone but if it turns out that he basically said to his stack "Sure, bet on this game, try your hardest, and here's the backup plan if you're about to lose where we can say you won anyways" and didn't share that with the other team it's a pretty dick move.

Iambic Pentameter
Sep 21, 2017

Superrodan posted:

At the very least you gotta let the other team in on it or tell them it's not a real wager.

Agreed. I think it's pretty much confirmed Luki wasn't in on it, and this type of thing isn't funny if one person's getting legitimately ripped off

e: sorry

Iambic Pentameter fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 9, 2020

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Iambic Pentameter posted:

getting legitimately gypped

please dont say this poo poo

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
more relevantly, this poo poo is obviously just slacks trying to drive traffic to his channel by making arkosh the villains of the NA scene and getting people to watch his dumbass sacrificial cups.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Sampatrick posted:

more relevantly, this poo poo is obviously just slacks trying to drive traffic to his channel by making arkosh the villains of the NA scene and getting people to watch his dumbass sacrificial cups.

And this is bad?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Jerk McJerkface posted:

And this is bad?

yes because it doesnt do anything to help the scene in general and makes na look like an even less competitive region than it was before. like arkosh's whole brand was "lets save NA dota!" but really its just "lets boost slack's viewer numbers!" which is kinda hosed up. its also pretty hosed up that none of the nopango players knew about this poo poo ahead of time. it was just slacks dangling a hope at more competitive experience in front of young na players and then saying lolno. its just such a hosed up thing to do.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Sampatrick posted:

yes because it doesnt do anything to help the scene in general and makes na look like an even less competitive region than it was before. like arkosh's whole brand was "lets save NA dota!" but really its just "lets boost slack's viewer numbers!" which is kinda hosed up. its also pretty hosed up that none of the nopango players knew about this poo poo ahead of time. it was just slacks dangling a hope at more competitive experience in front of young na players and then saying lolno. its just such a hosed up thing to do.

You expected better from known techies spammer Sir Action Slacks?

I suggest you google the parable of the fox and the scorpion and then report back.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Didn't the whole thing start because Luki was acting like a shithead on twitter?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

I think if he wanted to boost his brand creating an NA Dota2 team that loses to a Luki Luki stack aint the play.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
apparently sumail bailed out of Just Error (mid-tournament), noone will play mid, and reso will play offlane

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

emdash posted:

apparently sumail bailed out of Just Error (mid-tournament), noone will play mid, and reso will play offlane

Sumail gunna Sumail.

EDIT: I'm so ready for Sven to be nerfed. He's fun, but it's the same exact thing every single pro game.

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 9, 2020

Iambic Pentameter
Sep 21, 2017

emdash posted:

reso will play offlane

oof

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Sumail gunna Sumail.

EDIT: I'm so ready for Sven to be nerfed. He's fun, but it's the same exact thing every single pro game.

I don't get why he's not first ban material? There's nothing else worth taking out of the game on that level. I mean first ban you remove Sven, Void, maybe PA. I don't get why that's not every games first three. What games has Sven lost? Maybe against a PA that gets a real early start, but I can't think of a single game where Sven gets a good start (or even a mediocre start) maybe gets aghs and loses mid or late game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

emdash posted:

The team just sucked lets be real

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The team just sucked let’s be real
After watching their match against Alliance and their inability to not have garbage positioning, hard to not agree.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Based on the members' comments about the team I don't think they would have stuck together for the DPC even if they won EPIC, but yeah. Definitely a whole less than the sum of its parts

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Liquid 2-0'd secret to knock them out at 5/6

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Apparently the counter to Sven is Ursa

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

IcePhoenix posted:

Apparently the counter to Sven is Ursa

It was a clever solution, and it helps when the supports aren't vulnerable to a superman, Io is never really hiding in the back, and SD can disrupt himself. It means Sven has to man up against Ursa since there's no juicy backline to dive.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I have literally no idea what OG did to win that fight other than Midone just itemizing perfectly

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sampatrick posted:

I have literally no idea what OG did to win that fight other than Midone just itemizing perfectly

sometimes that's all they need to do

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

do the Orbital Bombardment build OG you cowards

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This feels like a problematic thing for dire at 15 minutes

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

IcePhoenix posted:

This feels like a problematic thing for dire at 15 minutes

meta stale I guess?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I guess the lower bracket finals are Bo5s and Alliance/Gambit looks like it was a banger, Alliance won in 5 games

e: also Gambit picked a techies in game 5 lmao

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 12, 2020

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
LB Of Div 1 is looking good too. notail played a Nyx and dumstered Viking.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

that NYX shirt could easily be a band shirt and i can't imagine the embarrassment of having to explain that no, it's actually a video game character, for i am weak of spirit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

sugar free jazz posted:

that NYX shirt could easily be a band shirt and i can't imagine the embarrassment of having to explain that no, it's actually a video game character, for i am weak of spirit

even worse, it's a video game character that is currently not in the meta