Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Zore posted:

Remember too that the Lynel is in water for the final fight so you can use Cryonis to force the frozen WPG out.

If you take out the two octoroks and use a special to take out the Lizalfos archers that Lynel is super easy because of what you said. You can instantly freeze it in the water and since it’s fire elemental it’ll stay frozen long enough for you to deplete its whole gauge.

Master Sword Link is good for this because you always have full health so you will always have Sword beams.

Edit: gently caress I didn’t get the Korok lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Personally I just dragged it up the hill so the archers couldn't shoot me then spammed rods and stasis with 2h unga to murder it quick.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Riju gets too many solo missions for a character that awful imo

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

fadam posted:

The upside to having almost nothing to unlock like the costumes and different weapons in HW1 is that you don't need to use bad characters beyond the handful of missions they get.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
This is the worst warriors game in terms of performance in co-op I've ever played. It's practically unplayable.
I've seen reviews mention it but things like - I can't see the top of enemies at all. So I can't see what they're doing and can't counter their attacks. Because of the constant horrible lag I'm wall jumping when I try to evade all the loving time as well, it's really annoying that it's the same button.

It's so unbelievably disappointing. I'm not saying Hyrule Warriors or Fire Emblem warriors were AMAZING in co-op but they at least worked

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Taear posted:

This is the worst warriors game in terms of performance in co-op I've ever played. It's practically unplayable.
I've seen reviews mention it but things like - I can't see the top of enemies at all. So I can't see what they're doing and can't counter their attacks. Because of the constant horrible lag I'm wall jumping when I try to evade all the loving time as well, it's really annoying that it's the same button.

It's so unbelievably disappointing. I'm not saying Hyrule Warriors or Fire Emblem warriors were AMAZING in co-op but they at least worked

Yeah, I'm still enjoying playing co-op with my roommate but I'm probably gonna revisit all of the story missions in single-player once we're done just to be able to play with a full view of everything

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

fadam posted:

I made a post on the last page with some stuff I figured out with her that makes her more tolerable for me to use, so maybe that will help you, too.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I just spammed C3 and made it through alright

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm having way too much fun with Teba

Also, I appreciate that while all the other Champions have magic powers or royal bloodlines or magic helmets, Teba is just Some Guy who decided to carpet-bomb all of his problems and so far it seems to be working very well for him.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Also, I appreciate that while all the other Champions have magic powers or royal bloodlines or magic helmets, Teba is just Some Guy who decided to carpet-bomb all of his problems and so far it seems to be working very well for him.

The best thing about Teba is sometimes he'll give you a thumbs up before he performs his special and wipes out a couple hundred bokoblins.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm gonna jump in on Age of Calamity in a couple days. This is my first musou but I got the gist of things from osmosis and playing the demo a good deal. Is there anything I should be aware of?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

you don't actually have to open chests or pick up items on the battlefield, you'll get them all automatically

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

b_d posted:

you don't actually have to open chests or pick up items on the battlefield, you'll get them all automatically

oh hell yeah

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Just to be clear, that's for chests that drop from enemies. There are also treasures around the stages that you do have to walk up to and smack them to open.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

There are??

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Yeah, you eventually get an upgrade that labels them on your map. They can have materials, weapons, or rupees and don't respawn once you collect them.

Then there's also chests in monster houses or on top of monster towers, the wood structures that you can climb up and fight monsters on. For these, best thing to do is throw bombs at them, it will immediately destroy them and kill all the monsters, and in the case of the towers it will drop the chest down to ground level.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

I'm gonna jump in on Age of Calamity in a couple days. This is my first musou but I got the gist of things from osmosis and playing the demo a good deal. Is there anything I should be aware of?

Speaking from experience: If you've played the demo extensively and enjoyed it as your first musou experience, you'll love the full game!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

Experiment with combos (or just look up what other people like if you want). Use L/R to navigate the menus on the map to flip through your challenges/quests/etc. I was moving my cursor around the map trying to find things I could turn in for longer than I'd like to admit.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

YggiDee posted:

It's weird to see people saying he's good because him and the other bird in Co-op are worthless, you can't attack because you can't see anything.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Taear posted:

him and the other bird in Co-op are worthless
Most people aren't playing in co-op.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Teba is weird, his regular attacks have him flailing all over the place, as does his C5, but his C3 is absurdly good at taking out crowds and C6 is one of the best WPG-shredding attacks in the game. His Stasis also lasts a really long time and his Cryonis is kinda neat. But I don’t use him or Revali very often. Revali is kinda good but he really needs a better way to transition between ground/flying, unless I’ve missed something.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

The birbs are so good at shiekah runes, and Teba is just amazing at everything.

Also why the heck is Hestu not usable on the Calamity Strikes mission at Hyrule Castle? I was going to grind it with each character who needed levels/weapon drops.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Revali is kinda good but he really needs a better way to transition between ground/flying, unless I’ve missed something.

Revali starts out seeming crazy but the more I used him the less it seemed that way. He's awkward because his ground combat is pretty subpar, he only has a C3 at max though his normal attack string is decent for WPG damage at least. The game really wants you to use him in the air (which makes sense, he's a Rito and is proud of his air abilities) but when he's in the air he has problems hitting enemies sometimes due to height differences, and none of his strong attacks are particularly good at doing WPG damage. It's also easy for enemies to knock him out of the sky, which means you have to waste time getting back up, and the camera while he's flying can be pretty spotty.

I feel like Revali would be a lot better if his air attacks forced WPG damage like other characters' midair attacks. I know they almost certainly purposely made them not do that because they were worried he'd be too overpowered if they did, but considering how many high level enemies have no shortage of attacks to knock him out of the sky, it'd be a nice risk/reward situation I think.

Speaking of which my opinion of Sidon improved immensely when I figured out his C6 forces WPG damage, except on Taluses.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i would like the final optional character more if every time i did a weakpoint smash i couldn't just leave the room, make a sandwich, eat that sandwich, return, and still have to wait before i'm allowed to play the game again

Twelve by Pies posted:

and none of his strong attacks are particularly good at doing WPG damage. It's also easy for enemies to knock him out of the sky, which means you have to waste time getting back up, and the camera while he's flying can be pretty spotty.

i find Revali is one of the best at depleting WPGs, in part because he's the only character who can cancel his stasis rune attack in such a way that it still does its full damage without cutting stasis duration short, meaning he can land the stasis attack, his aerial c5, and then his ground c2 (or ground c2 into aerial c5), letting him deplete WPGs in one go.

Revali's got some wonkiness with his flight mode admittedly, but what he did he did extremely well. my only real issue was that lock-on kept breaking on hinoxes in flight mode but other than that he's fine?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Yeah his C5 is great and it causes you to land so you can keep hitting the enemy while the tornado is also hitting them. The issue I have is having to wait like two full seconds for him to start flying and how awkward he can be to control in the air sometimes.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the secret is that if you dodge-cancel his ground c2 during the part where there's updraft after the explosive arrow, you're immediately back in flight mode

the trick to Revali is never actually using his unique action button but still getting all the benefits from his unique action

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

i find Revali is one of the best at depleting WPGs, in part because he's the only character who can cancel his stasis rune attack in such a way that it still does its full damage without cutting stasis duration short, meaning he can land the stasis attack, his aerial c5, and then his ground c2 (or ground c2 into aerial c5), letting him deplete WPGs in one go.

Ah that's pretty helpful info. It's hard keeping track mentally of which characters have stasis runes worth using for extra WPG damage. I know Link's and Impa's are fantastic, and Sidon's is practically worthless. I don't like much of that character's runes come to think of it. His bombs are amusing the first time you use them and then quickly become irritating since it's a timing minigame and they take too long to set up, meaning most enemies have already lost their bomb vulnerability by the time he hits it.

e: I originally had Mipha as one of the "bad" stasis users but turns out that she can dodge cancel out of her stance and slap around enemies too, so she's fine (so is King Rhoam for that matter). So that makes the other characters with stasis animations less useful (which off the top of my head would be Daruk, Hestu and Urbosa, don't know if there's others).

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 8, 2020

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Twelve by Pies posted:

Ah that's pretty helpful info. It's hard keeping track mentally of which characters have stasis runes worth using for extra WPG damage. I know Link's and Impa's are fantastic, and Sidon's is practically worthless. I don't like much of that character's runes come to think of it. His bombs are amusing the first time you use them and then quickly become irritating since it's a timing minigame and they take too long to set up, meaning most enemies have already lost their bomb vulnerability by the time he hits it.

e: I originally had Mipha as one of the "bad" stasis users but turns out that she can dodge cancel out of her stance and slap around enemies too, so she's fine (so is King Rhoam for that matter). So that makes the other characters with stasis animations less useful (which off the top of my head would be Daruk, Hestu and Urbosa, don't know if there's others).

You can dodge out of everyone but Daruk's as far as I've been able to tell. It also feels super weird that Daruk can't and makes his Stasis the worst in the game.

Also if anyone wanted an in-depth discussion on how to play the Great Fairies and exactly why they're broken as all hell this guy does a good breakdown of their entire moveset and why they're pretty disgustingly good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X4nvA-aZkM&t=626s

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Zore posted:

You can dodge out of everyone but Daruk's as far as I've been able to tell. It also feels super weird that Daruk can't and makes his Stasis the worst in the game.

There is at least one other: Kohga

Twelve by Pies posted:

That character's Stasis is just long enough for him to set up C6 on any enemy in the game after you dodge cancel it, so it is good enough. Also, their bomb actually hits pretty quickly compared to some other bomb runes (Riju's comes to mind as being horrifically slow), and it does amazing at knocking off both Talus arms simultaneously, which some other bomb runes struggle with.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 8, 2020

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Is it weird that I find myself missing the pair-up mechanic from FE Warriors?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Zore posted:

After playing with Hestu a bit more today, I found out his stasis is pretty strong too if you have a full entourage of koroks with you, taking off about 3 or 4 wedges with his animation, and then you can still get some regular attacks in to boot after it finishes.

I beat the story a little bit ago. Really good stuff! The final Ganon battle was...okay. I think the Ganon fight in the first Hyrule Warriors was much better. Looking in the gallery, it says that Astor is from a "certain small village" in Hyrule, which makes me curious if he has an interesting backstory we might see in DLC.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

ElegantFugue posted:

The birbs are so good at shiekah runes, and Teba is just amazing at everything.

Also why the heck is Hestu not usable on the Calamity Strikes mission at Hyrule Castle? I was going to grind it with each character who needed levels/weapon drops.

It's funny how different the experience is for me playing co-op because as I said Teba is absolutely 100% worthless trying to play as. Link is probably the best co-op character with two handed swords because it's the most straightforward way of playing if that makes sense.

Twelve by Pies posted:

After playing with Hestu a bit more today, I found out his stasis is pretty strong too if you have a full entourage of koroks with you, taking off about 3 or 4 wedges with his animation, and then you can still get some regular attacks in to boot after it finishes.

Hestu seems to destroy weakness gauges, so much faster than anyone else.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Twelve by Pies posted:

In my experience, you're better off dodge canceling the Stasis and doing C6 (the leaf ride) to break the WPG instead.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Hestu’s C6 is absurdly good at breaking WPG’s, I agree. I wish Zelda’s mine cart one was as good because it’s way funnier. I haven’t used shiekah slate Zelda since I got her other, significantly better weapon though.

I unlocked the first post-endgame special character and they are pretty awesome to use. C5 is amazing against crowds and C3 is great at shredding WPG’s if you are able to get in close enough. Still haven’t unlocked the final character but I was spoiled on who it is so I’m not in a rush.

By the way, is there any benefit to redoing story missions with a Blood Moon? Apart from more exp and rupees. Every time I’ve done one I’ve gotten ten of each of the battleground-unique materials which is nice except I found like 90 of each in the actual level lol

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I know you get better weapon drops during a blood moon. I did the harder version of Revali's recruitment stage and got nothing but tier 3 weapons for my characters. I think material drop rates improve as well but I'm not sure.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Alacron posted:

I know you get better weapon drops during a blood moon. I did the harder version of Revali's recruitment stage and got nothing but tier 3 weapons for my characters. I think material drop rates improve as well but I'm not sure.

Ah okay that makes sense. It would also explain why I’m drowning in hyrule herb, hylian shrooms and hylian bass. I can’t speak for the weapon drops but it’s a good excuse to grab the treasure boxes & Korok seeds I missed.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

this is my first musou and so far i've finished the demo and now Daruk's recruitment mission. Still trying to get a hang of his lava stone stuff. The map management stuff is turning on my brain cells, love doing all the stuff and reading up the cute descriptions. As soon as I finished Daruk's thing I went to camp and used rupies to make everyone level 16 and then fed their weapons, just left a couple with neat looking abilities that didn't seem to transfer.

oh and i love it when theres like one or two big enemies left and their back is towards a wall so I can enter Performance Mode and see how this would run on a theorical Switch Pro.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 9, 2020

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

MorningMoon posted:

this is my first musou and so far i've finished the demo and now Daruk's recruitment mission. Still trying to get a hang of his lava stone stuff. The map management stuff is turning on my brain cells, love doing all the stuff and reading up the cute descriptions. As soon as I finished Daruk's thing I went to camp and used rupies to make everyone level 16 and then fed their weapons, just left a couple with neat looking abilities that didn't seem to transfer.

oh and i love it when theres like one or two big enemies left and their back is towards a wall so I can enter Performance Mode and see how this would run on a theorical Switch Pro.

You have to have an empty skill slot on a weapon in order to transfer a new skill onto it. Weapons start with one slot by default and gain a new one at every fifth level.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
When you do get the new skill slot, the first skill of whatever weapon you fed to it first will be the skill you add. Since you can only feed 5 at a time, you might need to manage exactly when you level-up a little bit to get the right one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Red Minjo posted:

When you do get the new skill slot, the first skill of whatever weapon you fed to it first will be the skill you add. Since you can only feed 5 at a time, you might need to manage exactly when you level-up a little bit to get the right one.
I wish this wasn't so clunky. Not sure why they made it so user-unfriendly like this. Just let us pick which skill we want to add out of the group, geez.