Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

My main issue with destiny is I don't know where a mission/quest begins and ends. You can spend hours in a loop without doing anything. It feels like a digital treadmill.

yeah its an annoying weekly reset thing with like 5 bounties for each different planet, and then also PvP bounties.

and triumphs and all this other poo poo gently caress there is too much poo poo in it. get the guys coming up with new materials and tokens to collect to write the plot instead or something.

Nuts and Gum posted:

Wtf why did no one tell me Apple TV app is on xbox now? Are any of the shows good?

For all mankind was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Anno posted:

If they can make it look more like the renders here then it'll be a year well-delayed, imo. Is there even going to be a lot of slack in the hardware chain much before then?

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1336456344690417665

Much better looking! The original footage of Infinite, the graphic fidelity was about on par with Halo 3, which is not an exaggeration, people showed examples of how this was the case.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
The 120fps Series X patch for Rocket League came out today and the frames are smooth as butter. :heysexy:

Laserface posted:

For all mankind was pretty good.

Yeah I enjoyed For All Mankind. Also, 'See' (post-apocalypse where everyone is blind), Little America (mini-documentaries), Servant (toy baby replaces dead baby) and Greyhound (WWII movie) are pretty good. Haven't seen anything else other than those but Tehran looks interesting.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Nuts and Gum posted:

Wtf why did no one tell me Apple TV app is on xbox now? Are any of the shows good?

Ted Lasso is surprisingly good and good hearted. I did not expect to like it at all and would have ignored it except for all the people who kept saying it was good.

Tiny World’s footage is amazing but the narration is terrible (watched one episode of that). There is a Werner Herzog documentary about meteors which I am saving for a watch.

They have the original run of Fraggle Rock.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Re: appletv app. I was super disappointed that it’s just for the subscription and won’t allow access like an appletv set top box does. It would simplify life to need one less device plugged in.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

You can upgrade up to 36 months of Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 with the 3 month $1 trial deal. It converts all of your existing xbox live sub to game pass ultimate up to 36 months.

I'm in for 36 months also using this method, I also bought my live gold from CDKeys at Brazil pricing so saved even more. Works out to a 77% discount vs buying gamepass ultimate monthly for 3 years.... can't believe there are still people walking on planet earth that haven't taken advantage of this deal.

Happy Hedonist posted:

I play at weird times though and there isn't always a ton of people playing, which sucks.
I play exclusively 8v8 (all games & all modes) and I can always find a game within a couple of minutes. I did struggle a little when I limited the servers to Europe only, but if I include East US i'm good, and the lag isn't noticeable for me. The two timezones also means there's activity whatever time of the day I pick, but I have given up after waiting too long for 8v8 a couple of times when I've played at an odd hour. Just go 4v4 on these occasions

Nuts and Gum posted:

Lolol yep HDR in destiny 2 is STILL hosed Jesus Christ. It really is unplayable since anything in a shadow is completely gone.

Ah good, I thought it was just my TV!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

So uhhh do you guys know about the game pass deal?

You can upgrade up to 36 months of Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 with the 3 month $1 trial deal. It converts all of your existing xbox live sub to game pass ultimate up to 36 months.

I just spent $150 to get 36 months of xbox live gold, and when I signed up for the game pass trial, it upgraded my subscription for the full 36 months. Instead of paying $14.99 a month, I now have 36 months of game pass ultimate for a total of $150.

Costco has 24 month sub to xbox live gold for $95 and 12 months for $55.

Yep it's been a round for a while (I did it about a year ago I think?) and is a staple of this forum.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Unless I'm mistaken, all Cyberpunk coverage so far has been based on the PC version. Xbox One codes just went out in the last hour and I'm installing now. There's no embargo so I'll pop in later with my thoughts, mainly about performance on the Series X.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I was really hoping that the series x I ordered from Microsoft on launch day would get here by now. But against all odds, cyberpunk won that race. So far it’s gone well, tho8gh had a freeze up while mashing random in character generation. I’ve played about 30 mins of game.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

BonoMan posted:

Yep it's been a round for a while (I did it about a year ago I think?) and is a staple of this forum.

Ahh I thought it was a new deal this december. My bad.

I am new to the xbox thread, i skipped the XBONE generation but just ordered a series S yesterday.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Ahh I thought it was a new deal this december. My bad.

I am new to the xbox thread, i skipped the XBONE generation but just ordered a series S yesterday.

No worries it's always good to bring it back up for folks that are new as well. Welcome to the club!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

It's also good to know that still works because some of us could just let the subscriptions run out and utilize the deal.

Eventually Microsoft has to kill the conversion right?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ineffiable posted:

It's also good to know that still works because some of us could just let the subscriptions run out and utilize the deal.

They only care about engagement and sub growth on their investor reports so they let you take advantage of them so that they have good numbers
Its next gen accounting

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Ineffiable posted:

Maybe, but even then they would probably leave it available for new users who never used Ultimate before, and that would still leave a loophole for anyone willing to create a new account every now and then. (Then if you set your console as the new account's "home Xbox", you would still have access to GP Ultimate stuff with your original account)

Zat fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 9, 2020

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I have not played on an xbox since Halo 3 and I'm loving the series x and gamepass! The PS5 (whenever I get one) looks amazing as well. It's a drat good time to be a gamer.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

otter posted:

Re: appletv app. I was super disappointed that it’s just for the subscription and won’t allow access like an appletv set top box does. It would simplify life to need one less device plugged in.

Wait, does the Xbox version of the app not allow you to access your own iTunes digital purchase library? The PS4/PS5 one and every other platform's AppleTV app does, as far as I'm aware.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

univbee posted:

Wait, does the Xbox version of the app not allow you to access your own iTunes digital purchase library? The PS4/PS5 one and every other platform's AppleTV app does, as far as I'm aware.

It does if you sign in

presumably that other poster is looking for Airplay

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Crafty posted:

I play exclusively 8v8 (all games & all modes) and I can always find a game within a couple of minutes. I did struggle a little when I limited the servers to Europe only, but if I include East US i'm good, and the lag isn't noticeable for me. The two timezones also means there's activity whatever time of the day I pick, but I have given up after waiting too long for 8v8 a couple of times when I've played at an odd hour. Just go 4v4 on these occasions

I would love to play some Big Team Battle again but I can never find a game sadly, and I've been using expanded search and activated all modes for Halo 2,3,4 and reach.
4v4 works fine.

Also, I just started Destiny 2 to try it out. I guess it's fun but probably a bit boring and aimless to play solo as I'm doing. It looks pretty though, and the shooting feels good.

edit: wow, there are a lot of phone games on the store for some reason.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 9, 2020

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It does if you sign in

Not AirPlay per se, but being able to access your iTunes library from local Mac/pc. With Comcast’s data caps and 90% of my movies being on the computer in the house vs cloud it would have been lovely to have that work

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

otter posted:

Not AirPlay per se, but being able to access your iTunes library from local Mac/pc. With Comcast’s data caps and 90% of my movies being on the computer in the house vs cloud it would have been lovely to have that work

Could you use something like Plex and its direct play in this case?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Does iTunes support vudu? That network has been a life saver for streaming in the wild.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It does if you sign in

Airplay on Xbox would be so cool.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Airplay on Xbox would be so cool.

https://www.airserver.com/Xbox

:eyepop:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/1336709324215734273?s=19

Microsoft really be having no games huh.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Was anyone here on Forza Horzion 4 last night? I know they unleashed a new game mode (which I never got around to trying in the end), but saw I was constantly getting booted out of the session and rejoining for the entire night. Anyone else? Is this a common issue with the game? I've only played it a handful of times, usually for a few hours each go but never experienced that before. No internet issues on my side that I noticed.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

Was anyone here on Forza Horzion 4 last night? I know they unleashed a new game mode (which I never got around to trying in the end), but saw I was constantly getting booted out of the session and rejoining for the entire night. Anyone else? Is this a common issue with the game? I've only played it a handful of times, usually for a few hours each go but never experienced that before. No internet issues on my side that I noticed.

What, did they put a Battle Royale mode in Forza or something?

If it's as you say, it was probably just the influx of players - or them updating the servers. Or some other technical issue. The game has been quite stable online-wise whenever I play it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They introduced eliminator which is basically car BR last year.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ErrEff posted:

If it's as you say, it was probably just the influx of players - or them updating the servers. Or some other technical issue. The game has been quite stable online-wise whenever I play it.

Yep, Eliminator, and it's really fun. FH4 is just a great value all around.

As for the tech issues, El Bromance, I wasn't on last night so I can't speak to it, but every time I've played FH over the past year it's been rock solid.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I picked up a Monster energy drink today and it had a Halo Infinite double xp code on it. Should I save it?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lammasu posted:

I picked up a Monster energy drink today and it had a Halo Infinite double xp code on it. Should I save it?

lmao that is hilarious, but yeah save it assuming it has no expiration date.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Lammasu posted:

I thought those codes expired at the end of the year, which would make them extra funny if true.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

I just want Elden Ring :pray:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cyberpunk seems to run ok on xbox series x

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ErrEff posted:

This is the new mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFieU54BUvI

Funny how the trailer made me go 'drat I need to play me some Forza' but then didn't actually play the thing they advertised.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

Cyberpunk seems to run ok on xbox series x

It has a performance, and quality mode. Performance mode reaches 60fps a lot of the time.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

It has a performance, and quality mode. Performance mode reaches 60fps a lot of the time.

Funny enough when I flipped around with it (which granted was at 6:30 AM and I was pretty drat tired) I didn't notice any difference. But perhaps the locations I did it were not the best to test it.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Game looks kinda ugly tbh, at least starting as a street person. Textures are lower res, definitely makes me realize the power of the new systems

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Empress Brosephine posted:

Game looks kinda ugly tbh, at least starting as a street person. Textures are lower res, definitely makes me realize the power of the new systems

Have to start as Corpo to afford the higher res option.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Have to get this off my chest. The DS4 loving sucks and built-in lithium batteries are incredibly dumb. I like to use a DS4 for Tony Hawk 1+2 because it feels more natural (probably since I grew up playing the game on PS1/2) but I can't use mine wirelessly because Sony still can't seem to figure out how USB ports work, and it doesn't charge unless you yank the cable in a very specific way. Now if this were my Xbox controller, I'd walk 5 feet to my charging station, pull out two fully-charged Eneloops, and go right to playing the game. But instead I have to either be tethered to my computer, or go buy the PCB on alibaba and install a new port myself. I have lots of friends with PS4s and every single one of them has at least a controller or two sitting around that nobody can use because the port wore down to being completely unusable.

Say what you will but retaining the classic dual AA battery well is 100% the way to go, though I wish they would just include one of those play & charge kits that fit the dual-AA slot with the console. But even then, I'd probably still just use the Eneloops, because there's virtually zero downtime when fresh ones are needed as opposed to requiring a charging cradle or plugging the controller in to charge which defeats the whole purpose