Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The GTA Online heists were genuinely innovative (and fun) at the time but now that there are so many games doing the same thing, but without the dogshit of GTA Online wrapped around them they're pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Wow 40 WHOLE minutes? :australia:

Took me 20 minutes and since I had Fios and had to cancel and redo my pre-order (and then to play it in NZ, which wasn't needed in the end), I've probably done it 4 times already on the Xbox and 2 on the PC (going from Steam to GOG, not to play it early).

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
PSA: https://nukesdragons.com/cyberpunk-2077/character

nice build planner

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

dorium posted:

What's the consensus so far for PS4 Pro playability?

Did the patch fix a fair amount of things or is it still the struggle way to play this game? I dont mind waiting for down the way to get a PS5 (lol) and they release the next-gen patch for that, but if I could be playing it now and its not too bad, dont mind doing that either.

it's not out is the consensus, op

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
how do you turn of the loving phone in this game lmoa

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Now that the dust has settled,

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Some review posted earlier said crafting was straight up broken, anyone else hear this?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

dorium posted:

What's the consensus so far for PS4 Pro playability?

Did the patch fix a fair amount of things or is it still the struggle way to play this game? I dont mind waiting for down the way to get a PS5 (lol) and they release the next-gen patch for that, but if I could be playing it now and its not too bad, dont mind doing that either.

so far we have only seen the ps4 version pre-patch that was horrible and the ps5 post patch that looks good, no one has posted any ps4 pro

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

LifeSunDeath posted:

Some review posted earlier said crafting was straight up broken, anyone else hear this?

crafting in games is the most boring thing, here yes let me do chores in a loving video game

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Gamerofthegame posted:

it's not out is the consensus, op

oh sweet. its one of those embargo's. ive been swamped in work all day so my attention to coverage has been pretty minimal.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

queef anxiety posted:

how do you turn of the loving phone in this game lmoa

Unblockable phone calls from your 'handlers' are the most cyberpunk thing I've seen in this game so far.
But yeah it's one of the mechanics that was just put in, without any thought about how it would effect everything else.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Celexi posted:

crafting in games is the most boring thing, here yes let me do chores in a loving video game

pick up that can citizen.

THAT WAS LITERALLY A CHORE

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

sauer kraut posted:

Unblockable phone calls from your 'handlers' are the most cyberpunk thing I've seen in this game so far.

In real life the handler is a debt collector.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Celexi posted:

its not even that its boring its that its the loving same poo poo, there is no real variety to crafting it's just usually a grind for materials. if i want that i'll play diablo.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

does the game contain sex 2.0

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Even if crafting wasn't broken, the game does have (expensive) respecs so you could spec into it in the endgame or when they patch it or whatever to craft the good poo poo :eng101:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Going to be bed. See you around choombas! Have luck with those framerates!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Game looks...fine, I guess?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

does the game contain sex 2.0

if I can't gape myself in a game, I just refund it.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Celexi posted:

High five, fellow "gently caress crafting" gang member.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Cael posted:

How do you think your shoes were made? Someone crafted them. If you participate in a society on any level you are contributing to more crafting happening.

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
I had a lot of fun with the gun and armor crafting in Fallout 4

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Love it or hate it, the youths only have eyes for crafting. Every game in the world will have it for the rest of our lives to placate the zoomers

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Celexi posted:

i thought it was great in alien isolation, because there the 'grind' is actually minutes and hours of dread to get some parts and you need them desperately to survive.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Cael posted:

It loving sucks and you can't just ignore it here because the stat that governs it also governs dialogue options.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

if there was a dog simulator there would be no crafting because dogs just use things as is and dont wear shoes either

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cael posted:

Crafting is one of those things I’d want to like (in any game), but getting stuff is always a pain in the rear end and tracking what you need is too. Like I wish you track by item you want to make and where to find the parts (even if you needed to discover information about where the parts were first, though that’s a pain in the rear end too). Then when you have to find blueprints that’s also a pain in the rear end.

I just wish it was easier to acquire the components you need.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I swear this clock is counting up

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Hot Diggity! posted:

Game looks...fine, I guess?

How dare you? It either is the literal second coming or it's going to kill your family. There are no opinions in between.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It loving sucks and you can't just ignore it here because the stat that governs it also governs dialogue options.

No it doesn't? Technical ability isn't just the crafting stat

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm sorry about this stupid rear end question but will this play the game

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 65W AM4 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler Wraith Spire
XFX RX 570 4GB GDDR5 RS XXX Edition PCI-Express 3.0 Graphics Card RX-570P427D6,Black/Red
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16),Vengeance LPX Black
MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 DVI HDMI Micro-ATX Motherboard (B450M Gaming Plus), mATX

i built it to play doom eternal

it plays among us okay

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i'm going nomad and crafting fits my backstory

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

XFX RX 570 4GB GDDR5 RS XXX Edition PCI-Express 3.0 Graphics Card RX-570P427D6,Black/Red
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16),Vengeance LPX Black
MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 DVI HDMI Micro-ATX Motherboard (B450M Gaming Plus), mATX

it plays among us okay

it plays on xbox and ps5, it will run on any pc easy.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I actually liked crafting in twitcher 3 albeit only for the legendary witcher school sets or whatever. You got some iconic armor and that was really all you had to engage with the system. Hopefully they bring that back for the DLCs for this game, seems like a no brainer

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

LifeSunDeath posted:

it plays on xbox and ps5, it will run on any pc easy.

I think you mean ps4 because the ps5 has better specs than most computers that run steam

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

I like crafting in games, gently caress all of you, I'm not a zoomer. :(

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

FizFashizzle posted:

it plays among us okay

the playstation 4, which is a console that has about 1/4th of the power of the PC you describe here, supposedly will play this game

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Celexi posted:

I think you mean ps4 because the ps5 has better specs than most computers that run steam

just lol

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Sedisp posted:

No it doesn't? Technical ability isn't just the crafting stat

Right but you get dialogue options from your technical score. What else does it do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
cyberpunk has made steam buggy and now i cant buy the drat thing good job cdpr